• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone X | OT | November 3

The Cowboy

£999 for the base version, yeah I think I'll stick with my S8 for now - It really doesn't seem to have enough to justify that price (even with Apple tax).

Rootbeer

Banned
Assuming I can actually pre-order one on launch day (haven't failed so far, but you never know...) I'm in for an iPhone X 256GB (space gray)

Very excited! Subbed.

Randdalf

Looks like a good phone.

Why's it pronounced iPhone 10 and not iPhone Ecks though? Surely the next iteration of this is the iPhone X2.

The problem with FaceID for purchases is that with touchID, you can quickly abort if you lift your thumb. If I change my mind now, what, I have to spin my phone around?

Also, as many have said, what about those cases where my phone is flat on a desk etc?

chepu

So..10th anniversary version of most revolutionary phone this century so far ...

...Aaaaand the biggest feature is animated emojis.

was hoping something really awesome :(

Really want the OLED screen, but at that price, with no Touch ID and that UGLY notch? Ugh. I want to upgrade this year, but might just wait or get the 8 now.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

Euro price

This is insane. 200 more than US

No idea why but it's 10€ less in Germany 😅
mw6xhyh.png

The Cowboy

I still find it weird they didn't use the Apple logo as a finger print sensor, it's perfect for it and in a decent location.

plainr_

It took a target price of $1000 to get an edge to edge screen and it still doesn't match the thinner bezels of its cheaper competitors.

theaface

I admit I was never going to be in for a model this expensive, but the way the top section cuts into the display is quite shocking. It was unbelievably distracting when they demo'd pictures and video. Would've been better to have a solid divide all away across the top instead of jutting in as it does.

Nev

Banned
"We wanted the phone to be all screen"

"Our goal since the beginning was to make that"

"That's why we made the phone all screen"
*show screen being clearly overshadowed by distracting, ugly, big overlayed top speaker/camera/whatever*

Are they deliberately mocking people at this point?

f@luS

More than a member.
Maybe at 1150e like us price. But 1330e. Shit. First iphone year I'm skipping. Ever.

VoxPop

Very unApple like to make the cutout in the front to not match the color on the back of the phone. Very disappointed on that front. But aside from that the phone looks great. I'll definitely be picking some up.

Nightfall

No, it did not. You people need to pay attention. If you had, you would've seen the system asking for the code for the initial Face ID setup.

I have. It didn't work and asked for the code because it couldn't identify him. Same as when Touch ID fails.

Can we talk about how when they demo'd video playback, the notch fucking cut out the side of the picture. That would drive me nuts.

Top Bottom