• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone X preorder thread

This technically is gaming as the IPhone can play games. But mods you can move it to offtopic when it opens.

I'm more curious to see how many actually get one for next week. So who is ordering and what colour?

what do people need 256gb for?

I'm guessing 64gb is too light for people especially as you expect half the people buying one to keep the phone for a good few years.

I upgrade every year and just have too many photos so I'm going with 256gb. I still am undecided on the colour. Never had a silver iPhone and with the black bezels it is tempting to change.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Heh I was about to make a thread. I preapproved to a black 256GB but am like 90% of the way to changing it to a silver.

2am CDT ugh.
what do people need 256gb for?
Totally stupid. Because I have a 128GB right now with like 90GB used and I don’t want to clean it up. :p

Heh I was about to make a thread. I preapproved to a black 256GB but am like 90% of the way to changing it to a silver.

2am CDT ugh.

Same here.

Plus another reason is that I think most the people are going to end up choosing space grey come preorder time that there's a chance I could get a silver next week if I order in the first few mins.

KHarvey16

So here’s a question I have: I’m still on the old grandfathered AT&T unlimited plan. I’d like to switch to one of the new unlimited plans from AT&T (the HBO and DirectTV Now perks make it the best value for me) and do an installment plan.

Should I switch my plan before preorder or after? If I don’t switch before, will ordering through Apple give me any trouble? Can I switch plans when I order from Apple or AT&T? Just looking for the quickest way to get through checkout.

Man I knew that I couldn't pull the trigger on a $999 phone.

Enjoy everyone. If this would ever go on sale I would snatch it up before I bought this Note8.

NYR

Thanks for making this thread, subscribed. See you peeps tonight, will be following this thread closely.

Synless

Do I need to set up payment options or anything on my Apple Store app if my cards are already on my phone?

Xtyle

So here’s a question I have: I’m still on the old grandfathered AT&T unlimited plan. I’d like to switch to one of the new unlimited plans from AT&T (the HBO and DirectTV Now perks make it the best value for me) and do an installment plan.

Should I switch my plan before preorder or after? If I don’t switch before, will ordering through Apple give me any trouble? Can I switch plans when I order from Apple or AT&T? Just looking for the quickest way to get through checkout.

Can't you switch plans anytime? it shouldn't matter I would think if it is before or after...but if there are concerns I would switch after.

Carton

I have that itchy upgrade bug, but not sure what to scratch it with. Coming from iPhone 6plus, but previously only used android (notes, specifically).

Note 8: looks great, but dislike the curved screen
Pixel XL2: very nice, but display issues has me hesitant
iPhone X: super sexy, love the gestures within the OS, but would prefer it with a larger screen (ie. at least the same horizontal points as the Plus).

I might crack and purchase when the preorders open this evening. Or I might regret not doing so for a few months whilst awaiting stock to come back in.

unrealist

Damn, I have not logged in to Apple for sometime, is the iTunes account the same as the Apple Online Store/Shop account?

sonitii

If you order direct from Apple and pay in full, does it come SIM unlocked?

I didn't see an option for SIM-Free model on the Apple website for pre-order. Only the four carrier versions.

realwords

I didn't see an option for SIM-Free model on the Apple website for pre-order. Only the four carrier versions.

No, but the T-Mobile version is GSM unlocked and doesn't require a carrier account to preorder.

Sean

Banned
I've already been pre-approved for my iPhone X (upgrade program). But I'm also trying to help my dad purchase one and he's paying in full.

They don't do a credit check or require carrier verification/login stuff when you buy it outright, correct? He'd just need his credit card?

borghe

Yea ordering direct from Apple is SIM unlocked. Not sure why that other guy said it’s not.

As has been said, T-Mobile doesn’t actually need carrier info filled out so it’s easiest. And you said you are paying in full (TMo IUP requires in store)

They don't do a credit check or require carrier verification/login stuff when you buy it outright, correct? He'd just need his credit card?

Credit check, no. But carrier verification I believe so. As far as I know, what they want for carrier verification is last 4 digits of account holders SSN and their billing zip code.

borghe

Which version is the universal one? For the iPhone 8 it's the verizon one,but for the X I don't know.
all iPhones are mostly universal. The only exceptions are Sprint and Verizon. If you ever care about going to Verizon you have to buy a Sprint or Verizon phone. Sprint doesn’t matter. You only need a Sprint phone because you are already on Sprint (sprint doesn’t let you bring a non-Sprint phone)

Basically if you think you might go to Verizon buy a Verizon phone. If you probably won’t, don’t worry about it.

Sean

Banned
Credit check, no. But carrier verification I believe so. As far as I know, what they want for carrier verification is last 4 digits of account holders SSN and their billing zip code.

Cheers. I'm gonna be busy trying to secure my preorder so I wanna make sure my dad has all the necessary information/steps to do it himself.

Seems easy enough, I'm sure he'll screw it up though.

borghe

Grabbin that 256 space grey. Will be super interesting to see the delivery times even a few minutes after launch
This is exactly what I’m worried about. For the 6s 7am EDT still got you launch day barely. For the 7 4am EDT didn’t even get you launch day.

This is going to be hell. You’ll have a couple minutes tops before slipping.

This is exactly what I’m worried about. For the 6s 7am EDT still got you launch day barely. For the 7 4am EDT didn’t even get you launch day.

This is going to be hell. You’ll have a couple minutes tops before slipping.

And I’m trying to get two tonight. Worst case, looks like my girl might have to wait...

Timan

Developer
Hoping my employees verizon portal shows it tonight... should be about 450~$... crosses fingers... SILVER 64 baby.

Bog

Junior Ace
Anyone still on the now-renamed SERO plan from Sprint? What's the best way to get this?

Outside of the Apple store who else is selling it tonight? Bestbuy?

Some of the carriers. I know that Verizon will be in the mix tonight as well. They have a mobile app that might be more reliable than the browsers if that's your kind of thing. Personally, I'm going to be trying first on my Apple Store app while at the same time having a couple tabs open to Apple.com on my laptop.

I absolutely hate this impulsive race at a chance to get the product I want. The shit storm will be strong on this one. Many hearts will undoubtedly be broken.

The Girlfriend wants me to get an iPhone. I've never owned one, I've always been blackberry and Android from the beginning.

I know why she wants me to get one too (keep tabs on me)

Top Bottom