• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone X preorder thread

nikos

Got a 256gb Space Gray for in-store pickup. Locations were dropping by the second. Managed to get in at Fifth Ave. NYC at 8am. It's going to be a complete shit-show.

I work at another NYC location and would have much rather picked it up there, but I'm really happy I was able to get it in. NYC is completely dry for pickup right now.

Good luck, everyone!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Fuck AT&T. Their shit site keeps erroring out on me. No way I'm getting this thing now.

f@luS

More than a member.
i kept refreshing
64gb still available for both color everywhere in france

but 256 damn....i have "2/3 weeks"

well i can wait few days for sure

Piggus

Got one through upgrade program, but when I try to get a second one on a different number, I get an error when it tries to confirm the carrier. :/

Got it but this shit is being shipped to my old place, i updated everything already.

No way i change it and fucking lose pre-order.

I will call them tomorrow.

Got a Space Grey through Best Buy and a Silver through Apple! Best Buy says it will be here on the 3rd, but man do I remember the mess they caused when their shipment of 7+ units didn’t come in for like weeks after the launch. I hope that isn’t going to happen again....

jamsy

Ended up preordering a 256GB silver on the Apple site right when it went live but fucking ridiculous. Not a single store available for pickup in the entire Bay Area (initially Corte Madera was showing up available but at checkout that too wasn't an option).

So got the 2-3 weeks bullshit, even though I ordered within 2 minutes of it going live.

Ended up preordering a 256GB silver on the Apple site right when it went live but fucking ridiculous. Not a single store available for pickup in the entire Bay Area (initially Corte Madera was showing up available but at checkout that too wasn't an option).

So got the 2-3 weeks bullshit, even though I ordered within 2 minutes of it going live.

Same here ordered silver within 1 fucking minute of it going live and it was 2-3 weeks with no pick up. Black on the other hand was available for about 15 more minutes on the third. They must’ve made 10 total silver iPhones

jaydogg691

No dice on T-Mo’s website. I was told priority was going for those who signed up for the email notification and those who are willing to get accessory bundles (e.g. case, screen protector) through phone orders.

Guess I’ll wait for the X squared. 😞

Piggus

Anyone else stuck trying to confirm your Sprint account while applying for the upgrade program?

sigh... not lucky tonight gaf. Keeps failing for me. Im on apple app and website trying to go through sprint.

Same... I think this is an issue on Sprint's end. :/

No dice on T-Mo’s website. I was told priority was going for those who signed up for the email notification and those who are willing to get accessory bundles (e.g. case, screen protector) through phone orders.

Guess I’ll wait for the X squared. 😞

I called and a lady from an Indian call center helped me out. Placed my order like 2 minutes ago and just waiting on my email confirmation.

Abdozer

If my order is reserved, do i still have the option for in-store pickup or is it too late? My store had availibilty but I wasn’t sure how to confirm it

Forbiden

Apparently I ended up doubling up on orders on Verizon. Had to call and check to see if any went through, lady said they both were expected to ship Nov. 3rd, although I have a feeling that it’ll get pushed back...

Link

The Autumn Wind
Finally got the damn AT&T site to load! Somehow, my order still says delivery by November 3rd. I'm skeptical.

samar11

Normally I get on the line with my phone service provider straight away, now its the pre-order day and I've been on the phone for a good 20 minutes.

Got 2-3 weeks as well. So it’s betweek November 10 and 17 right ?

Not bad. will allow some feedback and review.
That's what my delivery estimate for 2-3 weeks says in the receipt: expected from 13th to the 20th.
So yeah if it isn't the end of that period or pushed back it's ok. All things considered, especially if they hold off on charging the card till just before shipping. So far just a dollar charged.

In Australia it was a shit show because you buy unlocked no carrier so people boasted about ordering up 2.3 or 4 phones.
Within an hour there were 50 ebay listings at stupid prices.

Synless

Irritated I can’t see the reciept details on Verizon’s site so I know where it is shipping to as the Verizon app never asked me for an address. Rep can’t help, only thing I got from my convo was that it’s to be here by Nov.3.

Forbiden

Irritated I can’t see the reciept details on Verizon’s site so I know where it is shipping to as the Verizon app never asked me for an address. Rep can’t help, only thing I got from my convo was that it’s to be here by Nov.3.

Exact same deal over here. Verizon still doesn’t show the order details, but my order is supposed to ship nov 3, so here’s to hoping

f@luS

More than a member.
That's what my delivery estimate for 2-3 weeks says in the receipt: expected from 13th to the 20th.
So yeah if it isn't the end of that period or pushed back it's ok. All things considered, especially if they hold off on charging the card till just before shipping. So far just a dollar charged.

In Australia it was a shit show because you buy unlocked no carrier so people boasted about ordering up 2.3 or 4 phones.
Within an hour there were 50 ebay listings at stupid prices.
Dispatch : 2 to 3 weeks
Delivery : 21 Nov. - 28 Nov

What the hell. It’s not based on today date for me and even so it would be based on the launch date it’s more like 3-4 Weeks.

Grrrr

FTF

I'm done...finally got through to the checkout page, had to click like 20 times to checkout...finally processes the order then says issue with citizens bank application denied or something. Please, I have a 800+ fico score and was pre-approved prior.

Totally soured on this phone/apple atm. Maybe I'll go to the store over the weekend and try again but I don't even care right now. Ugh. And fuck it even more if that credit check bs lowers my score at all (which it prob will a few points for a month or two).

Dispatch : 2 to 3 weeks
Delivery : 21 Nov. - 28 Nov

What the hell. It’s not based on today date for me and even so it would be based on the launch date it’s more like 3-4 Weeks.

Grrrr
that sucks it said 2-3 when I ordered - but the app order page Has just a delivery estimate range which is 2-3 from now but 1-2 from launch.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Apple tells everyone to use the app, and then can't get it up for everyone at the same time. I've heard people got on it at 8:01 and preordered, but I couldn't get on until about 8:15 by which time it was 4-5 weeks. Got a 2-3 week preorder in via the website but I didn't have anything saved there so it took time to log in etc. App had favourites setup, touch ID etc.

Have also preordered with a new contract with my operator which suprisingly isn't too expensive, but it will require some fiddling with moving my sim number across to PAYG temporarily.

Apple tells everyone to use the app, and then can't get it up for everyone at the same time. I've heard people got on it at 8:01 and preordered, but I couldn't get on until about 8:15 by which time it was 4-5 weeks. Got a 2-3 week preorder in via the website but I didn't have anything saved there so it took time to log in etc. App had favourites setup, touch ID etc.

Have also preordered with a new contract with my operator which suprisingly isn't too expensive, but it will require some fiddling with moving my sim number across to PAYG temporarily.

Did you try the app before the 8:00 time?
That was the downfall of this. Cached data.

i was force quitting between uses, should have been ok. Worked for the iphone 8 preorder..
Wasn't working.
iPad and iPhone. Force quit restart was still using cached down message,
Only safari worked be because I hadn't checked safari before magic reopening time. Other people who did, had to clear cache or use a new browser. App definitely cached the down message and THAT SUCKS.

Got the preorder thru Sprint. They reverted to their old layout to move things faster. Looks like my phone will ship out on the 3rd still. I’m glad this two hour fight wasn’t for nothing

TimFL

2-3 weeks SG 256GB at 9:03am.

Got 2 more pre-ordered through big local retailers, let‘s see who ships first.

Whoops, fell asleep before 3:00, and woke up shortly after 6:00 :(

I worked with a T-Mobile support agent via Twitter to get my sliver 64 gb jump on demand order placed, and it’s showing a shipping date of “11/2-11/3/17.” That’d be awesome!

Woke up at my regular time and ordered from Verizon for 12/1 Delivery (said 11/15 when I started the process). Any chance it ships earlier?

Top Bottom