• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone X preorder thread

realwords

If you ordered a T-Mobile unit via Apple early and got a November 10th-17th date, check your order. It looks like most or all of them has been upgraded. They're now November 3rd delivery. 🙂

Moonkeis

As someone who recently switched to T Mobile, I'm screwed until release. I can't preorder through the Apple upgrade program and don't want to sign up with the T Mobile plans as the jump plan doesn't seem all that great.

tmtyf

That would make sense, I bought a tmo one for my daughter who is on Sprint, and while it says 3-4 weeks, I really was surprised that is was that easy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the tmo one works with sprint due to the intel chipset.

simonski

Couldn't access the store app until about 8.15 am (UK), which was probably because I was in Tenerife. Kind of gave up then, as there were none available to collect (I'm IUP). Checked back later in the day and managed to get a reservation for (by) the 9th of December, which feels ridiculous. Will attempt to get one sooner by checking stock daily (managed to get a 7+ a week after launch last year). So we'll see. Can't bring myself to queue up on launch day, I'm far too old.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
As someone who recently switched to T Mobile, I'm screwed until release. I can't preorder through the Apple upgrade program and don't want to sign up with the T Mobile plans as the jump plan doesn't seem all that great.
The jump plan I believe is just like every other upgrade plan. Either take it for the full term for an interest free installment loan, or replace the phone after 12 months. You get half the value of the line on trade in which is a little better than the hassle free sites will give you (Gazelle, etc) and a bit worse than a private sale will net you.

Looks like all of the T-Mobile “SIM free alternative” punks canceled their orders!! Got bumped up to launch day!!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I wanna get it for Series 3 but this + watch will cost me almost $2k CAD with taxes lmao

gnexus

Mine has shipped from Verizon via Fed Ex. It’s being held until the 3rd. Anyway, has anyone has any luck before trying to pick up the item at the local Fed Ex distribution center on launch day before? I have a flight that leaves at 1:30 pm on Friday, and I really doubt fed ex is going to deliver it to my door before noon. It would be really awesome if could just go and pick it up myself that morning. I don’t see an option for “hold for pickup” just yet on Fed Ex tracking.

Forbiden

Mine still shows as processing on Verizon, even though I was already charged for it. Reps told me it’s still scheduled for the 3rd, but I’m getting really nervous about the whole thing

Synless

yeah you are not getting it on the 2nd. sorry. 😜

Mine almost always overnights from the inbound facility.
Actually I was just dumb. The order I was looking at was for my box to ship the old phone in :(

Still, I have a Nov. 3 release date.

Rockondevil

Gold Member
Got destroyed in Australia The second the store was up for me it was already at 2-3 weeks shipping then it probably took less than a minute to actually get to the "Order Now" page and it was already at 4-5 weeks.
Long story short, not getting it for quite a while.

jaydogg691

Anyone got some case/accessory recommendations? My go to case manufacture is Spigen, haven’t seen their offerings yet and I’m will to try something new.

Also, any fast charge cable recommendations other than Apple’s offerings?

Vossler

ATT here, still at preparing to ship as of this morning....would think it would have to ship soon to get here by the 3rd (Midwest US)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
mine says preparing to ship, but already has scans at two different locations in China.

Go to UPS and enter your order number minus the last two characters in the "By Reference" area. If your phone is shipping UPS it should show up.

Doodis

Pre-ordered last night at an ATT store and got $100 worth of stuff with my purchase (case, screen protector, wireless chargers). My delivery estimate is beginning of December. Glad most of today's "first-day reviews" are all pretty positive. Really looking forward to this one.

sun-drop

the verge's first hands on was pretty telling .... i can't believe how the native video player resorts to that horrible boxing in to avoid the notch ..i mean like wow ..

Strakt

It says there are raised edges for the camera but are there raised edges for the screen as well?

It seems like theres small raised edges for the screen judging from the pic; not sure as I dont get my case till thurs and phone till fri :(

Ive only heard good things about that company though

Ashhong

It seems like theres small raised edges for the screen judging from the pic; not sure as I dont get my case till thurs and phone till fri :(

Ive only heard good things about that company though

Asked on fb and they said it does. Picked it up as it looks a lot sleeker than the plastic back, tpu side, that I originally ordered

I have always gone white on the iPhone but this time i went with gray.

The entire face being black made the white one look odd to me.

The chrome looks like it will end up like an iPod, scratched as hell with any slight touch

wildbite

I’m having my phone held at the UPS center and cannot wait to pick it up tomorrow. My two cases came in and it feels like a baby iPhone compared to holding my 7 plus.

Dart

Looks like I got my shipping updated! Placed my order on the 27th but then had issues with updating my payment info. But I got this email this morning, super excited!

98QxikS_d.jpg

Samy

Neo Member
Man I got curved so bad.
Canada Post says it shipped at the same time as everyone else's, but I'm like the only one to get it delivered on 11/6.
It's in my city right now too :(

Dart

If I write a note to ups saying to leave the package inside the backyard, will they do it without a signature?

I’ve left a note letting them know to leave a package at the porch before, just be sure to leave signature and tracking # & date on the note!

Top Bottom