• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Iran charges families for bullets used to kill protesters

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

The Islamic Republic has demanded that some families pay for the cost of the bullets used to kill relatives during nationwide anti-government protests as the estimated death toll continues to rise.

Human rights NGO Amnesty International reported that Iranian authorities would demand the payments for the bullets or compensation for destroyed property when returning the victims' bodies to their families. Families have also been warned against holding funerals or speaking to the media. In many cases, victims' bodies have not been returned to families at all.

According to the NGO's most recent update, the reported death toll numbers at least 161 protesters, although "the real death toll is likely to be significantly higher." Iranian opposition website Kalemeh reported an estimated death toll of 366 protesters, although more recent reports by the site imply that the death toll is even higher, according to Radio Farda.

Some Iranian officials have begun admitting that some protesters may have been "wrongly targeted and killed,"
although "it is not currently possible to confirm or refute such reports with any degree of certainty," according to IRGC commander Mohammad Reza Yazdi.
Adopting China's policy I see LOL.

I guess its one way to raise some funds for the government.

• Triggered
Reactions: Ryujin and Trojita

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Maybe getting rid of the Shah wasn't the smartest idea. I'd also like to postulate, that to rule an Islamic country one needs to be a tyrant if you want most of your people to have a decent quality of life.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
I have heard no evidence of this (yet), but I assume we (the west), through our intelligence services, are the ones stirring these people up and condemning them to death.

Mar 18, 2018
I have heard no evidence of this (yet), but I assume we (the west), through our intelligence services, are the ones stirring these people up and condemning them to death.
That is one hot take you have there. Like... no one ever could think for themselves in te modern world we live in that they should try and make a better society for themselves.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
That is one hot take you have there. Like... no one ever could think for themselves in te modern world we live in that they should try and make a better society for themselves.
Don't be naive. Scratch the surface of every one of these uprisings around the world, from the so-called "Arab spring" to Ukraine to Hong Kong....you will find western intelligence services astroturfing.

The neoliberal world order and financial elites remain committed to regime change for those who don't play nice with the globohomo oligarchy. In recent years Western populations have turned against military interventions, so this is the new tactic of "regime change." It is amazing what some NGOs, Soros money, and a few agents gaslighting idealistic university students can do.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: johntown

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
This has been going on in Iran off and on since Obama. Go beck to 2009 and the Green movement/revolution.

For every neoliberal boogy man there is a geroge soros boogy man hiding behind a corner lol.

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
Did I miss something? Are governments elsewhere not charging their citizens for whatever they decide to do? I forgot, here in America, everything is free.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Did I miss something? Are governments elsewhere not charging their citizens for whatever they decide to do? I forgot, here in America, everything is free.
I have no idea whatsoever what your point is. Are you honestly comparing US taxes to fees on children for the government shooting their father?

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
arabs and israel are the same. enemies of iran that spread misinformation.

Human rights NGO Amnesty International reported that Iranian authorities would demand the payments for the bullets or compensation for destroyed property when returning the victims' bodies to their families.

If you are somehow going to claim that AI is a Jew org than I will fall off my chair laughing. If you want to argue that AI are a bunch of liars I can entertain that, but its much easier for me to believe Iran would do this. the JewNews is just reporting what Amnesty is saying. If you have issues take it up with AI.

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
Human rights NGO Amnesty International reported that Iranian authorities would demand the payments for the bullets or compensation for destroyed property when returning the victims' bodies to their families.

If you are somehow going to claim that AI is a Jew org than I will fall off my chair laughing. If you want to argue that AI are a bunch of liars I can entertain that, but its much easier for me to believe Iran would do this. the JewNews is just reporting what Amnesty is saying. If you have issues take it up with AI.
same thing.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
To be clear are you saying Amnesty is run by Jews? Or are you saying Amnesty is full of shit?

Trust me I am no fan of Amnesty and its possible they are reporting BS or the people they are talking to are telling them BS. But its also pretty belivable that Iran would ask for compesation for the bullets used. China would do this too.

But at least bring something outside of JewNews so its fake. Since the source is Amnesty why don't you believe them? Do you think Amnesty is full of shit when it comes to other things like how they report on Gaza/WB? or is it only this instance?

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
To be clear are you saying Amnesty is run by Jews? Or are you saying Amnesty is full of shit?

Trust me I am no fan of Amnesty and its possible they are reporting BS or the people they are talking to are telling them BS. But its also pretty belivable that Iran would ask for compesation for the bullets used. China would do this too.

But at least bring something outside of JewNews so its fake. Since the source is Amnesty why don't you believe them? Do you think Amnesty is full of shit when it comes to other things like how they report on Gaza/WB? or is it only this instance?
Amnesty gets its misinformation from dissident groups with clear agendas. don't trust them at all.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Amnesty gets its misinformation from dissident groups with clear agendas. don't trust them at all.
Well believe it or not I can agree that Amnesty might not be the most trustworthy source.

but its an interesting take by them. Regardless if they asked for compesation Iran has killed 100's at these protest and shut down the internet to the outside world. Is it justified well depends on which side you take, the Mullahs or the people.

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
Well believe it or not I can agree that Amnesty might not be the most trustworthy source.

but its an interesting take by them. Regardless if they asked for compesation Iran has killed 100's at these protest and shut down the internet to the outside world. Is it justified well depends on which side you take, the Mullahs or the people.
saboteurs getting their paycheck from the arabs. i dont see how burning stores and cars and public property is going to achieve anything. beside it was a loud minority. in a country of 70million you had about less than a few thousand causing problems.
when it comes to the bullets...they literally cost about 10cents each also its such a ludicrous idea that my BS meter goes off. However i do see that the people arrested will be forced to pay for the vandalism they caused.

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Let's see here, 3 dead children, dead wife, dead dog.... at 1,000 Rials per round... *BEEP* *BLOP* *BLOOP*...carry the 9...aaaaand that will be 15,000 Rials, sir.

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
Last edited: