• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran fireing at protestors

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
If that person said they wanted to put Jews on trains and send them to the ovens I would.
I call BS, I truly doubt any American would be fine with any foreign nation overtaking their government and installing a dictatorship for whatever reason.

And those actions decades ago are still having consequences now and apparently the US hasnt learned any lesson since they doing the same shit over and over.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I call BS, I truly doubt any American would be fine with any foreign nation overtaking their government and installing a dictatorship for whatever reason.

And those actions decades ago are still having consequences now and apparently the US hasnt learned any lesson since they doing the same shit over and over.
I aint American.

And again what happened 70 years ago doesn't excuse Iran's actions today. Japan bombed pearl harbor 70 years ago so does that mean the US can hold that over Japans head for eternity and chant death to Japan? Iranians already got rid of that dictator 40 years ago.

Irans actions are having consequences today and it seems they haven't learned any lessons since they are doing the same shit over and over again.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
That can be perfectly said about the US as well.
It could be said about any country. All countries act in their own interest. The British were the main instigators of the coup but they seemed to be left out of the story and don't take any of the blame. If we follow your line of thinking then the British should be blamed for all of this really. They were the ones who fudged up the mideast with their mandate adventures and pushed for the coup due to their oil interests.

Meanwhile in the PRESENT DAY Iran is destabalizing the mideast and using proxies to take control of Yemen, Lebanon, Iraq and setting up IRGC bases in Syria while the keep Assad in power. Its only been about 25 years since they killed 85 in Argentina, alot less time since the 53 coup.

Reactions: desertdroog

redfirm

Mar 12, 2012
Netherlands
If that person said they wanted to put Jews on trains and send them to the ovens I would.

And I didn't say I supported the 53 coup, I said that its not truthful to trot out the whole democratically elected stuff. I should correct my analogy it was more akin to if the House of Reps decided to hold a vote and voted AOC as the President and then claiming she was "democratcially" elected.

But more over what happened in Iran 70 years ago doesn't excuse their behaviour today espcially how they treat their own people. If you didn't have your head up your butt you would realize that Iran is just as guilty of all the horrible meddling and interventionism/imperialism you accuse the US of, with one of the worst domestic governments in the world. But keep standing up for the Mullaha's while regular day Iranians suffer under the yoke of their oppression. As long as the government is anti-American I guess you don't care how many people they kill or opress.
I just want to make sure nobody gets you wrong mate, i know you mean that you support the usa doing this and stopping hitler, not the other way around. just want to make sure this conversation does not get dragged into something else.

Reactions: cryptoadam