• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike

pennythots

May 14, 2019
grab everything that isn't nailed down and fucking leave.

I am so sick of American lives being thrown away for nothing.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I fully expect the Iranian Navy to be sent to the bottom of the ocean, in addition to precision strikes on just about every military site in Iran.

Then the escalation will probably start.

Liljagare

May 8, 2013
Sweden
It really is unreal. That a HUGE ass escalation and they're basically just asking for their country to be atomized. Dumbest suicide ever
It is, as has been shown, very hard to win a war, when 1 million people dig in and down, even if you level the nation.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
The United States assassinated their second in command and told them to their face to "hold that" lmao

You thought they were just gonna take that sitting down?
If they were smart, of course. They attacked first, so it's not like they have a moral high ground. They got what they deserved, and will get much more soon in retaliation. How long can they last if we kill their military and government (or perhaps even theocratic) officials in targeted strikes?

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I'm wondering if these were Russian hypersonic missiles. Surely they were not already passed on to Iran.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
It ain't the 40s. We have precision airstrikes now. No need to nuke a bunch of iranian civillians.
It won't be nuked. Precision airstrikes on their military bases, presidential palace, etc, etc. It'll all be turned to dust.
So basically nothing will get solved. I don't see a purpose for war if it's not to eradicate the enemy completely and take their land, it really is completely pointless otherwise. I'm not saying that it's a good thing or that I want it to happen, just that war is pointless if that's not the outcome. You saw those civilians in the street they hate the US and want to destroy the US, they'll just rebuild their military and go after the US again. Iran wouldn't hesitate for a second to annihilate the US population if they had the chance, I'll give them credit for that at least. While they fight to eradicate the US, the US fights to make money for the rich.

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
I'm wondering if these were Russian hypersonic missiles. Surely they were not already passed on to Iran.
russia and china are not going to do anything. iran is alone in this. russia and china only use iran as leverage to get better deals out of the US. the russians have STILL not delievered the S-300 system.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
trump pulling out of the nuclear deal is the catalyst here if we want to be fair here.
A nuclear deal we now know they were breaking before it was dissolved by Trump. And a deal which apparently had no impact on General Salami's activities in murdering US citizens.

Iran attacked our embassy, and regardless of your attempts to ignore that I will keep bringing it up.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I don't believe anyone other than Russia has Hypersonic missiles. It is possible they have them in allied to Russia countries, but it is unknown at this time.

Last edited:

.winter

Formerly '.rain'
Nov 6, 2016
If any Americans die it will be war without a doubt.
What a mess. I'm not fully pro-American in this matter cause they did alot of bad things but I support them. As for me they can nuke every Islamic country right away.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
It's almost like the Islamic Revolutionary Guard are unhinged terrorists 🤷‍♀️

Still waiting to hear an explanation for why he was in Iraq, or why he was stirring up pro-Iranian protesters in Iraq, or why he has been building pro-Iranian militia groups in Iraq.

Generally when a military force is operating in another country's territory against their wishes.... it isn't viewed favorably.

Keep in mind "Brown"/Muslim Imperialsim is A-OK, but the USA something something 1950's.

and I put brown in quotes because Iranians are Aryan and in census are told to put white.

Reactions: infinitys_7th

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Reactions: bucyou

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
There is one:

preferably in this forum where every windowlicker cant throw in their hot take

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
So basically nothing will get solved. I don't see a purpose for war if it's not to eradicate the enemy completely and take their land, it really is completely pointless otherwise. I'm not saying that it's a good thing or that I want it to happen, just that war is pointless if that's not the outcome. You saw those civilians in the street they hate the US and want to destroy the US, they'll just rebuild their military and go after the US again. Iran wouldn't hesitate for a second to annihilate the US population if they had the chance, I'll give them credit for that at least. While they fight to eradicate the US, the US fights to make money for the rich.
The Iranian populace at large isnt a problem that needs to be solved. Their government is.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
show me proof they were violating it. the IAEA always said they were complying.
Pull out of deal, whether you agree with the deal or not.
Put sanctions on Iran.
Kill the main guy in the IRGC and leader of the Al Quds force in Iraq who is responsible for killing US servicemen and women around the middle east.
(While the above has been going on Iran has been sponsoring terrorism in Afghanistan and Iraq since we moved into Afghanistan and Iraq [Ignore the no fly zones we put up during Bill Clinton's Administration to keep Saddam from sending Rockets into the Kurds...we never really left after Desert Storm])

Somehow Iran thinks it is a good idea to continue to fuck around...They are going to find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: A Regular Guy

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I made a new thread here in Politics:

Use this one.

Last edited:

Liljagare

May 8, 2013
Sweden
Pull out of deal, whether you agree with the deal or not.
Put sanctions on Iran.
Kill the main guy in the IRGC and leader of the Al Quds force in Iraq who is responsible for killing US servicemen and women around the middle east.
(While the above has been going on Iran has been sponsoring terrorism in Afghanistan and Iraq since we moved into Afghanistan and Iraq [Ignore the no fly zones we put up during Bill Clinton's Administration to keep Saddam from sending Rockets into the Kurds...we never really left after Desert Storm])

Somehow Iran thinks it is a good idea to continue to fuck around...They are going to find out.
I think we all pretty much hope that is the case.

Because, if it isn't?

Fuck this is going to be a intense week.

Reactions: A Regular Guy

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
The United States assassinated their second in command and told them to their face to "hold that" lmao

You thought they were just gonna take that sitting down?
Of course. It's the United States. They had better pray that our government shows some restraint.