• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
That was the first escalation.
No, the first escalation was Trump getting out of the deal Obama set with Iran and impossing sanctions on them. You Americans love to rewrite history to suit your warmongering needs. I still remember when you still insisted Irak was hiding WMD and the doctored pictures were real, now history has set the record straight against your fantasies. The US escalated this, not Iran and the US has been wanting to escalate it for several years now.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
i throw the question back at you. Why are you standing for a country that sponsors terrorism and murders civilians by starting BS wars?
Can't answer the question? That's what I figured.

As to me "standing for a country that sponsors terrorism and murders civilians", be specific. If you want to go down an off-topic rabbit trail of tit for tat, I'm ready. But first, it would be wonderful if you could stand up for your original standpoints instead of having to deflect and run away.

If you have to zoom the camera all the way out instead of explaining your original statement, that says a lot about your credibility.

Seems like this can be simplified to " Don't start none, won't be none"
Tell that the next time americans get hit by a terrorist attack 🤷🏽‍♂️
So innocents deserve to be hit by terrorist attacks based on what their military or a group within their military does? That seems to be your implication here, and your well-documented hatred of Americans and America doesn't do you any favors here.

You Costa Ricans got plowed over so easily because you have no integrity or spine, betraying your own for some money. I guess I shouldn't expect much out of an ex-pat who fled to Europe. 🤷‍♀️

• Fire
Reactions: matt404au and Oner

Tajaz2426

Jan 20, 2017
Beaufort, SC
For anyone believing this is an escalation to war is wrong. This is not how our progression starts when attacking another country. This was a preempt to information gathered saying that this gent was going to hurt our assets on the ground. The president has sweeping control of any strike if there is a clear and present danger to any ground forces in the region. We would not be hitting someone with a drone strike if we wanted to start a war, they would have arrested the General and got all his intel on the inner workings of the Iran government.

Mar 18, 2018
I don’t think a single person here is arguing that he’s a good man who didn’t deserve to die. Rather, it’s the manner in which he was killed and if the consequences of those actions are worth it in the end.
Fuck the dude and feed him a fish head is all I have to say. How he died and what consequences to come has all been thought about on both sides without our or the people of Iran’s consent.

And this further demonstrates to other countries that well trade punches at a moments notice. For whatever good or bad that comes with it.

It’s all getting so tiresome.

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
As to me "standing for a country that sponsors terrorism and murders civilians", be specific
I have been specific. The US is a country which sponsors terrorism and starts wars that kill hundreds of thousand of civilians. So why are you in favor of sponsoring terrorism and murdering hundreds of thousands of civilians?

dragonfart28

Banned
Jun 12, 2009
No, the first escalation was Trump getting out of the deal Obama set with Iran and impossing sanctions on them. You Americans love to rewrite history to suit your warmongering needs. I still remember when you still insisted Irak was hiding WMD and the doctored pictures were real, now history has set the record straight against your fantasies. The US escalated this, not Iran and the US has been wanting to escalate it for several years now.
Yea, getting out of the Iran deal definitely acted as a catalyst for this.

You go from peacefully convincing a nuke producing nation that you'll help them if they agree to put down their nukes to 'fuck you guys.'

Then dog whistle to your people about immigration from their country.

When it comes to foreign policy, this administration is a complete disaster.

Real, legitimate disaster and not the 'haha Trump farts on Twitter' kind.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Idiots who are represented by the second picture don’t realize that these terrorists they sympathize with wouldn’t think twice about raping, torturing, and murdering them.
Yep, they have a rooftop in Iran with your name on it. Bad guy tried to act a fool going to a live and on going theater, sour grapes.

Monsterkillah

Aug 12, 2018
Any Neogaf member from Iran?

Will be an awkward conversation here around each other

Would love to see the view from the opposite direction on this matter

Feel free to speak and express your feeling

Last edited:

redfirm

Mar 12, 2012
Netherlands
Any Neogaf member from Iran?

Will be an awkward conversation here around each other

Would love to see the view from the opposite direction on this matter

Feel free to speak and express your feeling
yeah born in iran, not in iran and do not live there, still got family there. There is nothing awkward about having a conversation, We are all entitled to having opinions regarding what just happened, its part of the freedom that so many people take for granted.

Regarding my feelings? i already expressed it. iran was moving more and more towards a progressive government and they where gaining traction and getting people behind them. this is a huge setback for any progressive party in Iran and will push most of Iranians behind the the current regime. so the country will get set back another 10 years because of this move when it comes to things such as more freedom and women rights. Nothing unifies a country more then an external threat.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I have been specific. The US is a country which sponsors terrorism and starts wars that kill hundreds of thousand of civilians. So why are you in favor of sponsoring terrorism and murdering hundreds of thousands of civilians?
I'd be happy to share my own views on the US military, but such a conversation with you is fruitless if I can't expect you to reply back.

Feel free to stand up for your own claims at any time to prove my misgivings wrong.

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
I'd be happy to share my own views on the US military, but such a conversation with you is fruitless if I can't expect you to reply back.

Feel free to stand up for your own claims at any time to prove my misgivings wrong.
Oh so you don't like loaded questions? Well stop doing what you don't like then. I wont waste my time "debating" with someone who thinks loaded questions are a way to start debating. That just shows how dishonest you are but im used to it now.

bucyou

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2018
you know iran is fired up, all the shills like brainfart are out in force, they must of sent their weekly shill allowances through paypal early

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
Fuck the dude and feed him a fish head is all I have to say. How he died and what consequences to come has all been thought about on both sides without our or the people of Iran’s consent.

And this further demonstrates to other countries that well trade punches at a moments notice. For whatever good or bad that comes with it.

It’s all getting so tiresome.
how about you sign up, get deployed to the middle east, and then have that same sentiment?

Corrik

Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
How do you just pick a certain point in history to suit your narrative? You could literally just go back further and say it was when Iran then go back further and say US. Hell, you could keep doing this game all the way back into the like 70s or 80s.

The moment a US citizen lost their life though, it goes from a disagreement to a major issue. That is why I said that was the escalation and left out stuff like oil attacks and ship detainments and such because that US citizens death is where our government should have jumped up in response.

Reactions: matt404au

dragonfart28

Banned
Jun 12, 2009
you know iran is fired up, all the shills like brainfart are out in force, they must of sent their weekly shill allowances through paypal early
I have no skin in this game.

The rest of the world has just been laughing at Americans for making the same mistakes for decades now.

So much for non-interventionism, draining the swamp, etc.

Trump is just another elite lover and always has been.

Last edited:

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
Hell, you could keep doing this game all the way back into the like 70s or 80s.
Actually to 1959 when the US sponsored a coup to overthrow the democratically elected leader from Iran and basically triggered a large part of the ME conflicts going on in the region since then. But we are talking recent history and for what is happening now it is pretty clear that US stopping the deal and imposing sanctions was the trigger to this current conflict.

Reactions: dragonfart28

Gp1

Sep 17, 2019
For those who still don't know about Soleimani, read this article:

These guys for years articulates attacks on coalition forces in Iraq and sponsor terrorist attacks around the globe

Iran/Iranian backed militias attacks 4 tanker with missiles and limpet mines = Ok
Iran shotdown american drone in international airspace - Ok
Iran takes UK tankers hostage - Ok
Iran takes iraqi tankers hostage - Ok
Iran attack saudi petrol production - Ok
Iranian backed militia attacks K1 base, killing a american, wounding others- Ok
Iranian IRG navy constantly harass us assets in the straight of Hormuz, mocking a attack at a aircraft carrier - Ok
Iranian backed militia attacks US embassy - Ok

US bombs a meeting betwen various iranian backed militia leaders and the iranian general that articulates with them = Media shitstorm ww3!

Come on guys. Let's think straight here...

edit: and i didn't even listed actions against Israel, because... Israel don't fuck around and retaliates pronto. :)

Last edited:

dragonfart28

Banned
Jun 12, 2009
Bolton sure is happy about this.

And we all know how much Trump supporters just love Bolton lol

Who even knows what the talking points are anymore? 😂

Edit: Ah, the WW3 angle. Well played lol

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Oner and crowbrow

Lionel Richie

Jun 22, 2014

These guy for years articulates attacks on coalition forces in Iraq and sponsor terrorist attacks around the globe

Iran/Iranian backed militias attacks 4 tanker with missiles and limpet mines = Ok
Iranian IRG navy constantly harass us assets in the straight of Hormuz, mocking a attack at a aircraft carrier - Ok

US bombs a meeting betwen various iranian backed militia leaders and the iranian general that articulates with them = Media shitstorm ww3!

NO, Orange Man very bad, american terrorists, Iran GOOD.

Thabass

Jun 9, 2008
I have no skin in this game.

The rest of the world has just been laughing at Americans for making the same mistakes for decades now.

So much for non-interventionism, draining the swamp, etc.

Trump is just another elite lover and always has been.
That's because Trump isn't a Republican. He's still a democrat through and through.

TheUsual

Dec 10, 2009
Would Iran have considered him expendable knowing the US's capabilities by letting him be in Iraq?
Just a thought if he's that high up in the Iran power structure why would they let him go there.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
mcucosmic.com

These guy for years articulates attacks on coalition forces in Iraq and sponsor terrorist attacks around the globe

ORANGE MAN BAD

If Obama did it people would be celebrating. But because ORANGE MAN BAD cable news is crying over a terrorist being killed.

Reactions: Oner

dragonfart28

Banned
Jun 12, 2009
That's because Trump isn't a Republican. He's still a democrat through and through.
Well that's because the whole political landscape has moved left and militant authority is just a form of leftism.

But this is all okay because Obama would have done the same: Trump supporters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thabass

Corrik

Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
Actually to 1959 when the US sponsored a coup to overthrow the democratically elected leader from Iran and basically triggered a large part of the ME conflicts going on in the region since then. But we are talking recent history and for what is happening now it is pretty clear that US stopping the deal and imposing sanctions was the trigger to this current conflict.
Yeah. Backing out of an agreement you don't agree with is the same as killing a citizen of a nation.

Totally the same. Lol.

Our government's sole goal is to protect American Citizen's lives and freedoms. Once you kill an American citizen, our government's literal reason for existing, you have made a huge escalation that completely changes the issue at hand.

Reactions: desertdroog

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Would Iran have considered him expendable knowing the US's capabilities by letting him be in Iraq?
Just a thought if he's that high up in the Iran power structure why would they let him go there.
They probably assumed the US would not have been bold enough to drop a missile on him. Oops.

Last edited:

Thabass

Jun 9, 2008
Well that's because the whole political landscape has moved left and militant authority is just a form of leftism.

But this is all okay because Obama would have done the same: Trump supporters.
Probably the reason why ResetEra is calling for American's head right now.

They probably assumed the US would not have been bold enough to drop a missile on him. Oops.
If that's the case, then they really don't America at all.

Last edited:

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
Yeah. Backing out of an agreement you don't agree with is the same as killing a citizen of a nation.
In international matters a catalyst for a conflict is a catalyst. If a country Had the capability of imposing sanctions in the US which can cripple its economy you wouldnt be saying this nonsense.

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
I feel so lost in this. They killed a guy who was at the embassy attack? And that’s Trump starting a war?

Corrik

Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
In international matters a catalyst for a conflict is a catalyst. If a country Had the capability of imposing sanctions in the US which can cripple its economy you wouldnt be saying this nonsense.
Then don't do the things that result in sanctions. You are again back at the where do you wanna go back to argument of blame placing instead of pointing to the obvious point of escalation that took it to another level.

Reactions: matt404au

lyan

May 21, 2017
Sure, and he got what was coming to him, but it's an important distinction when it comes to the legality of it and the precedent it sets, etc. Assassinations of state officials is different from rogue terror cells.
I am curious, given his official status, other than killing him in an open war what can any country possibly do with legality in mind? Seems to me all options would let him smile til the very end without a scratch.