• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish singer-songwriter AVA wrote a song for a ‘big’ PlayStation remake to be announced in December - Gematsu

DonJorginho

Banned

Irish singer-songwriter Eabha McMahon, better known by her stage name AVA, wrote a song for a “big” PlayStation remake to be announced in December, she said in an interview with Irish radio program The Lunchbox.

“I just recently wrote a song for a PlayStation game with Michael McGlynn,” AVA said during the October 7 episode (12:00 to 13:00 timeslot) of The Lunchbox.

Pressed for more information by host Geoff Harris, AVA divulged:

“Yeah, so that actually happened about a year and half—it was just after the pandemic hit. Michael McGlynn got in touch and just said, ‘Listen, we’re writing music for a remake of a PlayStation game’—and he’s done that a lot, he’s done a lot of writing for different games that are very well known. But I’m actually not a gamer myself.
“So anyway, he says, ‘Look, it’s an Irish language piece that they’re looking for.’ So really what I was involved with was the lyric writing in the Irish language, and his daughter sang on the track and his wife arranged part of the choral parts, and so did Michael. And he also worked with me on the language side of things, so it was almost like a family effort.
“For ages I wasn’t allowed to really—you don’t know what you’re writing for, it’s all kind of undisclosed because they don’t want it to get out. So it’s actually going to be announced at Christmas—the name of the game. I have heard of it now and I have confirmed it is a big game, which is great! It’s going to be an Irish language piece in the game, which is brilliant.”
Michael McGlynn and the music ensemble ANUNA, which AVA joined in 2015, previously worked with composer Yasunori Mitsuda on the track “Shadow of the Lowlands” for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and McGlynn performed alongside Mitsuda on stage in celebration of Xenogears‘ 20th anniversary. Given that the new song by AVA is a collaboration with McGlynn, and considering McGlynn’s history with Mitsuda, it is possible the PlayStation game in reference is a title Mitsuda previously worked on.

Christmas celebrations traditionally begin on December 8 in Ireland. As for where the announcement will take place, The Game Awards 2021 will be held a day later on December 9, so that is one possibility.

The Best is Yet To Come is a Gaelic song by Aoife Ní Fhearraigh… Metal Gear Solid Remake confirmed?

AcademicUnnaturalBarbet-size_restricted.gif

Elios83

Very interesting also because it fits with the PSX trademark being renewed. Some sort of event in December seems likely in parallel with TGA.

Last edited:
I seriously dont understand why anyone would want a MGS remake.

There already is one, Twin Snakes. Yes it has some faults, but not like this new 'remake' is going to be any better whatsoever.

When the game came out, the storytelling was special. But these days not so much.
I think a remake might make it easier to introduce a new generation of gamers to the series. I don't think they need to anything beyond camera improvements and graphics

Maybe it the (rumored)remake is successful, it'll pave the way for new mgs titles - good ones

MMaRsu

Banned
I think a remake might make it easier to introduce a new generation of gamers to the series. I don't think they need to anything beyond camera improvements and graphics

Maybe it the (rumored)remake is successful, it'll pave the way for new mgs titles - good ones

But why? The series is dead. They arent gonna remake MGS2 and or 3.

Does a new generation of gamers have any interest in MGS?

skit_data

So much smoke around a MGS remake, and now this.
All talk about PlayStation Experience later this year, there has to something planned.

MMaRsu

Banned
Not only that, can/do they still even use the original OST? I thought it was banned from use since it's a historical russian piece?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Honestly the only Metal Gear game that holds up for me today in terms of gameplay is part 5.

If its MGS 1 they're going to have to change a lot. I guess we'll see how it goes. I dont think the game needs it though honestly. Half the appeal is just the artwork in the coms sections and thr novelty of it being one of the first games with solid cutscenes.

xiskza

She's not a gamer so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. A lot of people in Europe who aren't gamers just call any console a "playstation"

Last edited:
Top Bottom