• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish singer-songwriter AVA wrote a song for a ‘big’ PlayStation remake to be announced in December - Gematsu

Sensei

https://vandal.elespanol.com/notici...a-playstation-que-se-anunciaria-en-diciembre/

This page says it may be Xenogears since AVA claims to have worked with Michael McGlynn and he worked with Yasunori Mitsuda on Xenoblade 2 and on Xenogear's 20th anniversary, Yasunori Mitsuda did the Xenogears OST.
giphy.gif

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Doubt it's MGS, why would they write a song for it when it already has one, now if they said they redid a song for a Big Playstation exclusive that would be different.
And people keep bringing up Twin Snakes..
One that is almost 20 years old and two, it's Twin Snakes
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

sncvsrtoip

I seriously dont understand why anyone would want a MGS remake.

There already is one, Twin Snakes. Yes it has some faults, but not like this new 'remake' is going to be any better whatsoever.

When the game came out, the storytelling was special. But these days not so much.
maybe this time will be more remade so something like ff7r or re2r, for this I would be for sure more hyped than remake of silent hill or bloodboorne

Brigandier

OMFG a Xenogears remake... This is the best news ever, I wanted this even more than FF7.

It's MGS isn't it... I hope it's a Solid remake and not a puddle of Liquid shite

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
You know it's happening. It's inevitable. Like a white dwarf heading for a black hole.
Ackchyually, White Dwarfs are usually those compact stars that form when the mass is insufficient to form a black hole when collapsing. It’s very unlikely that a white darf forms a black hole eventually, but not impossible.

Last edited:

robotnik

I would love to get Xenogears, but it's really hard to believe they're remaking this gem.
Hell, I will take even simple Xenogears+Xenosaga re-release.

CamHostage

At last, Sony is remaking Medievil! Again.... Again.

(Not Medievil. There's choral music, but no songs with Irish lyrics... or are there?)

Last edited:

MOTM

Banned
I seriously dont understand why anyone would want a MGS remake.

There already is one, Twin Snakes. Yes it has some faults, but not like this new 'remake' is going to be any better whatsoever.

When the game came out, the storytelling was special. But these days not so much.
Same here, I feel like it’s overdone but another part of me also wouldn’t mind. The original MGS with todays graphics would still be 🔥

edit: didn’t realise this thread was from back in October.

Last edited:
Top Bottom