• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iron Harvest Announced for PS4, X1 & PC - RTS set in the world of 1920+

Endless

KING Art Games and Artist Jakub Różalski Announce Iron Harvest

New RTS for PS4, Xbox One and PC Set in the Alternate Universe of 1920+

“After World War I farmers found a plethora of unexploded ordnance, barbed wire, weapons, shrapnel and bullets while ploughing their fields. They called it the Iron Harvest.”

Developer KING Art Games and artist Jakub Różalski today announced Iron Harvest, a real-time strategy game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game takes place in the world of 1920+, an alternate version of our own world where mankind, fascinated by technology, engines and iron, invented powerful walking machines. Once mighty weapons on the battlefields of the Great War, they are now part of everyday life.

Mighty factions fight for influence, while hidden forces are working towards the destabilization of Europe, determined to set the world on fire once again.

1920+ was developed by Polish artist Jakub Różalski and earned him a cult-following because of his beautiful artworks painted in the style of the old masters.

“We love games like Company of Heroes or Men at War and want to bring a similar gameplay experience to this fantastic world Jakub created,” Jan Theysen, Project Lead at KING Art Games explains. “You lead hero characters, mechs, and soldiers into epic battles in open sandbox maps. Cover mechanics and dynamic destruction play a major role in combat.”

The game is in its early development phase and is scheduled to launch 2018.

Website: iron-harvest.com | Facebook: facebook.com/ironharvest

fOWwBUOd

GbQIBZCx

ywX6o3op

More artworks: https://goo.gl/photos/jne3DKG5n8nSzuNe7

The game is idea and setting is really cool, I am reall yinto the Dow II / Company of Heros style gameplay. I am a bit worried though about the controls and mechanical depth / interface depth if it is also a console RTS though.

Though, I look forward to learning more!

Doczu

Sold. Love the idea!

If anyone is interested - google the artist, Różalski, for more of his work.
He has a ton of of late XIX - early XX century drawings with steampunk-mecha vibes. His work is very heavily influenced with the polish history, some of his drawings are used on t-shirts.

Tagyhag

Forgot that this was being made.

It looks awesome, but console support worries me. Hopefully it's not too compromised and it plays to the strength of each individual controlling method.

Raven77

Ha, this is the art that sparked the Steampunk Battlefield rumors before it was revealed to be World War 1.

Morat

Banned
Utterly lovely art. I just hope the game is good, as very few [any?] RTS's have been good when forced to conform to console controller restrictions.

This concept are looks great, but this is so far away i'm going to just go ahead and forget about it and let myself be excited in two years when we have some actual gameplay to judge.

I'm into anything that says it was inspired by CoH. RTS made with console versions in mind has me skeptical though. Will wait and see.

This is the same guy that made the concept art that everyone thought could have been Battlefield 1 before it got revealed right? With the giant soldier mechs walking across the sea. Loves the look of that

Can't believe I missed this. Just learned about it in RPS' 2017 preview

I had made the thread when he started teasing the game, and I didn't even know it had been revealed

Wow that artwork is incredible.
The fact that the announcement name-checks Company of Heroes makes me very optimistic. Company of Heroes was my first RTS and nothing else really comes close IMO. The chaos of the battlefield in those games is so well done. If they can marry that with the scale of the mechs, this just might be amazing

Looks great. RUSE was such an underappreciated game and a surprisingly well-designed console-oriented RTS, so I can hope the same magic will be done here.

Granjinha

The fact that the announcement name-checks Company of Heroes makes me very optimistic. Company of Heroes was my first RTS and nothing else really comes close IMO. The chaos of the battlefield in those games is so well done. If they can marry that with the scale of the mechs, this just might be amazing

dawn of war is better than CoH tho (from the same devs)

you should try it! It's great.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wow artwork looks great. I love alternate history type of games like this where the artists can get crazy with weird and creative designs.

dezzy8

Looks interesting. I love RTS games even though I suck at em. I hope they nail the controls on console.

I didn't realize these devs also made The Dwarves

Some exciting Facebook updates

You lead hero characters, mechs, and soldiers into battle. Cover mechanics and dynamic destruction play a major role in combat. Your squads take cover automatically, but a simple brick wall will only offer protection against small calibers, not against mech-mounted cannons.

Throughout its open sandbox levels you have to find your own way to reach the goals set by the dynamic story line.

===

Another inspiration for Iron Harvest is Dawn of War 2

===

Polania Recon Mech Animation & Sound Test

===

Iron Harvest will feature "hero units" with special abilities. The first hero we want to show you is Anna, a young Polish resistance fighter.
Despite being a sniper/recon unit you don’t want to mess with her in close combat. She has a pretty hairy and extremely powerful bodyguard: Her bear Wojtek.

15193651_1497276613633140_7868228998144275805_n.jpg

===

Infantry units are the backbone of every army in Iron Harvest. Here the Polania rifleman, a versatile guerrilla unit. There will be most likely five or six units in a squad.
Depending on their equipment/weapons, they'll look slightly different from one another. You’ll see the equipment/weapons on the models in any case and they’ll get special animations. But we think it’s also a good idea to differentiate them even more by giving them special outfits highlighting their role in the squad.

15895091_1559991350694999_4111341498333545463_n.jpg
15826173_1559991360694998_5669414522132249800_n.jpg

===

Another mech model

15391233_1526796554014479_7243151015958093199_n.jpg

Top Bottom