• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iron Harvest Announced for PS4, X1 & PC - RTS set in the world of 1920+

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Metal Gear!?

longdi

Banned
Will watch out for this game, non of that moba crap.
I loved Coh, more so than Dow or Starcraft. A fresh take on it, is always welcome.

However the small size of this developer is concerning.
Even when Relic was at their prime, Coh2 started badly and took them years of patching to get to where it is now.

Coh2 best RTS now, play it GAF!

It's coming for consoles..well I guess things may be dumb down a bit

This is one of the most perfect games Ive ALWAYS wanted.

RTS
1920s setting with some sweet ass rural stuff like farming
Cool sci fi twist
Gorgeous art

I remember the concept art and it has stuck with me ever since, and Im happy to see its finally coming.

I need this to be good. Love the hero reveal already, and Im really hopeful that is has enjoyable micro management and long term strategy/depth.

Video coming soon
It's possible to destroy walls, houses and nearly everything else on a map. If you want you can walk right through a house with your mech and destroying cover for infantry units doing so. The prototype helps us to tune the physics simulation and to optimize the destruction code especially for large-scale destruction.
pGGV9gkl.jpg

Cool that it's coming to consoles. I like the time period, too; usually really enjoy sort of economic colonialism through to post World War industrialism. E.g. Whenever I play Tropico I almost never go past plantations and post-Great Depression factories and mills and into the Cold War. So, sort of 1920s economy + killer art style and alternate history looks pretty cool.

Drain You

Tried to like various RTS games over the years, never clicked with me though. Absolutely love the art in this though, I remember this being posted way back when and was excited to see it bumped. I'll probably end up buying it, hopefully I'll like it.

Interesting, I've been wanting to play the boardgame this appears to be based on.

For those who haven't seen, it's called Scythe and drew me in when I saw the Soviet Union mechs and troops atop bears.

IMG_3988.jpg

Ready to jump back in. Haven't been active in a console RTS since RUSE. There haven't been that many to come out, with good multi, since either, but I'm always down for another. Hopefully, there's multiplayer, and it's larger than 1v1. I hate 1v1.

Drain You

That looks super cool. Like the destructibility of the environments.

I'm worried about their being console versions though, most RTS games that are designed for consoles and PC's simultaneously end up being trash.

The destructibility and when that smaller mech rammed the larger one was really cool.

I'm actually the opposite, I'm excited that their will be console versions, maybe those will be dumbed down enough for me to play it. As I said a few posts back RTS games aren't a strong point of mine.

Edit: Thanks for the gif, exactly what I was talking about. ^

Aaron

I wished the colored popped in the game like they do in the art it's based on. It's a cool setting, but they make it look so drab and dull.

Bizazedo

I am ridiculously pleased at all the Scythe references in thread. We just got the game last week, haven't played yet.

This game is definitely going on my watch list, it just looks cool.

That one stuck out for me... When I clicked the thread and saw the bottom two GIFs, my first thought was, oh I hope someone did that scene, too.

Yeah that scene is so badass in alot of ways. The way the big robot loses his footing and the little dudes start booking it.

Looks cool, but having console versions is already a red flag.

Console RTS games end up being "select all units and attack move to the other side of the map" because it's borderline impossible to micro or macro effectively with a controller.

Maybe they decide to do the correct thing and have different balance/game speed parameters for PC and consoles.

Zizbuka

Banned
Looks good, worth keeping an eye on. I prefer my RTS to be more of the Settlers/Anno style, this looks more like Commandos.

Interesting, I've been wanting to play the boardgame this appears to be based on.

For those who haven't seen, it's called Scythe and drew me in when I saw the Soviet Union mechs and troops atop bears.

IMG_3988.jpg

Scythe is a lot of fun. Id happily recommend it to anyone looking for a 4X style board game. It is surprisingly inuitive to play, plays really fast and has little down time.

Fuck, this looks super cool.

I'm super mad that Relic isn't doing shit like this anymore. This is exactly what I would have wanted out of a Company of Heroes 2.

selo

Scythe is a lot of fun. Id happily recommend it to anyone looking for a 4X style board game. It is surprisingly inuitive to play, plays really fast and has little down time.

Although it is a bit more of a 3.5x, heh, as there is not much combat. I love that game (have a collectors edition with those super cool resources/coins)

Although it is a bit more of a 3.5x, heh, as there is not much combat. I love that game (have a collectors edition with those super cool resources/coins)

Haha, that is true. The first time I played it, nobody entered combat.

Nice one getting the collectors edition! I'm jealous.

Top Bottom