• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Anthem worth the $3.99 gamestop is charging for it?

Gargus

Banned
1- Don't ever fucking give lamestop even a penny. If you must get the game then price match at bestbuy or something.

2- Anthem is a fucking turd of a game and bioware doesn't even deserve a cut of a 3.99 sale for it. I paid 10 for it, played it about 3 hours and uninstalled it and threw everything away except for the game case to use as a spare incase I get a used game off Ebay and the case isn't in too good of shape.

I think the fact that you had to ask if a game was worth 4 dollars in spite of thinking it "looks awesome" should answer your own question. It's a content barren game that was sold on a future it didn't have. Might as well just save that money for something you know you want rather than spend it to go dumpster fishing.

xiseerht

That game is not great , but it is no where near as horrible as the popular sites make it seem. I don't care what anyone says. The flying in the game is fun. It is worth $4 bucks. You will get a great 10-15 hours out of it before you get bored .

JLB

Banned
off topic, but what the hell is going on with gamestop.com? Its was down almost all day, at least

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The problem With Anthem in consoles version not matter is PRO or X, Freeze the console and can ruin it.

If i was you... i dont buy the game even if have a low price.

VertigoOA

Banned
As someone who invested more than some measly 20hrs into the game to actually know what is about. It’s a garbage and completely dead game. Deleted it and no reason to go back.

Please keep in mind that Fallout 76 is a resounding success in comparison to both Division 2 and Anthem.

They could fix what’s there ... and it involves firing every single employee at BioWare.

still better than Inquisition tho

Last edited:
As someone who invested more than some measly 20hrs into the game to actually know what is about. It’s a garbage and completely dead game. Deleted it and no reason to go back.

Please keep in mind that Fallout 76 is a resounding success in comparison to both Division 2 and Anthem.

They could fix what’s there ... and it involves firing every single employee at BioWare.

still better than Inquisition tho

Anthem let me down

Division 2 broke my heart

TheContact

my friend works for a mom and pop game store and they had so many copies of fallout 76 that people traded in they were literally giving out a free fallout 76 disc with any purchase because they just had to get rid of them. the thing about shitty games for a low price is you gotta consider that your own time has value, so if you waste 5 hours on a shitty video game and let's say you make $20 an hour, that's $100 value of you wasted right there for a shitty $5 game

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
There's about 15 enjoyable hours in there. If you go into it with that expectation then sure, it's worth a few dollars. Problem is, once you get past that point, you will probably regret having invested your time, especially if you hoped it all to lead somewhere.

iconmaster

Banned
There are so many good games nowadays, even 5$ or free ones that you'd have to pay me to play Anthem.

Seriously. If you want $4 game recommendations OP, we’re happy to provide them.

Gato Roboto. I loved this game. Four bucks. Waaay more worth your time than Anthem.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I have origin access but never tried this game. I heard, read, and saw enough to avoid this. There are two great free alternatives out there too, destiny and warframe, so i don't understand why they still asking money for this.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Nope. Who cares that it's cheap, you're still wasting your time you could spend on playing countless better games.

Top Bottom