• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone watching Watchmen

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
The white supremacist talking points from their leader are literally:

-2nd amendment rights were taken away

-Reparations are unfair for people who had nothing to do with slavery themselves

So, white supremacists = Republicans then.

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au
Jul 26, 2009
“Did you know he was a racist?”
“He was a *white man* in *Oklahoma*.”

Racist garbage show.
I mean the show does take place in the South. Of all the places in the US in which racism could be a driving theme for a story it would be in the South.

I wouldn’t call it a great show but it was worth the time investment.

Edit: But then again I didn’t grow up on the source material. So I didn’t feel sleighted by changes or additions.

Last edited:

Ymir

Jan 8, 2020
Starting watching this because it's free and it's really... not good. It's really scattered and the plot twist in episode 7 is really dumb. It has so little to do with the actual watchmen that I'm not sure why they didn't make it as a completely new idea. The music is also really jarring and almost always subtracts from or lessens the scene. Very weird to have loud pop using playing during everything emotional event or death.

Ymir

Jan 8, 2020
Yeah.... this is hands down one of the dumbest shows I've seen in a while. It has parts that are cool or interesting but it always takes a left turn and has the dumbest explaination or resolution to anything that's happening.

Last edited: