Is @AOC going to jail?

Is @AOC going to jail?

• Total voters
Sep 1, 2017
In light of recent events with the reveal of campaign finance violations of her campaign, do you think @AOC is about to catch a little time behind bars? Running your own PAC and then transferring funds to an LLC is a big no-no. Given that she is one of the three chairs of said PAC pretty much rules out her being innocent, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
USA
She paid her boyfriend out of PAC/LLC funds. Does that qualify?
It should but it won't. That's my opinion. If there is no evidence besides her saying it, that's also hard to go after. I know some people are "going after her" but there are many more willing to "protect her".

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
Is what she did (pull money out of the PAC to put into a LLC) actually illegal? I'm asking because I really don't know the answer. It sounds like some scummy politician bullshit to hide what she was really doing with the money, but I don't know what the laws are. Plus, it could technically be that it was her campaign manager that did it all on his own without her knowing, I suppose.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
In light of recent events with the reveal of campaign finance violations of her campaign, do you think @AOC is about to catch a little time behind bars? Running your own PAC and then transferring funds to an LLC is a big no-no. Given that she is one of the three chairs of said PAC pretty much rules out her being innocent, in my opinion.
No, but elections are coming up and this is more ammunition to smear the democratic party as corrupt and/or crooks.
Sure, there are probably plenty of republican lawmakers that do the same thing, but it will not stop them from using this to smear the dnc.

Only thing that will happen is possibly a small fine and that Pelosi and the rest of the establishment will get even angrier with AOC for disrupting the party during election campaign preparations and giving the other side more ammunition.

Aug 30, 2014
Really interesting Twitter thread on this.

Lots of documents, photos of the building in question [boarded up windows and all], more shady stuff. Definitely worth a read through.

I dont use Twitter so that was actually meant to be a link to a whole thread not just one tweet. The whole thread is interesting. That is the first tweet.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2016
A fine perhaps. Jail or censure seems unlikely, although she's rather bad at making friends so the latter might be on the table.

More importantly I think the whole thing really undermines this narrative that she did this on her own without the help of millionaire backers.

Yoda

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think we have enough information to say atm. People have gone to jail for violating campaign finance law, and this on the surface appears to be a rather egregious violation (almost a million dollars) unless something is being omitted in the reports.

Feb 19, 2018
Yes we need to follow the liberal example of rational, reasoned expression. 😂

No she’s not going to jail, she’s being surgically taken apart by her own party.
I’m not finding information on this “scandal” from any actual reputable sources. You’re all just getting mad from some lies conservative news outlets are spreading in their circle. I’m talking about reputable sources like AP, BBC, The Economist and NPR.

So yeah, I stand by my statement.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
Its not a scandal yet as of now its accusation that needs to be checked which is why many dont report on it also reputable and BBC or the economist should never be used in the same sentence.
Especially the BBC is a joke who carries water for democrats so expecting them to report on anything that isnt "fuck trump" until they cant avoid it anymore is cute.
Washington post is reporting on the allegation
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...5045ee-3f61-11e9-9361-301ffb5bd5e6_story.html

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
Your inability to use Google is not our problem.

But here is the NYPost
😂 yeah sure the nypost.

Its not a scandal yet as of now its accusation that needs to be checked which is why many dont report on it also reputable and BBC or the economist should never be used in the same sentence.
Especially the BBC is a joke who carries water for democrats so expecting them to report on anything that isnt "fuck trump" until they cant avoid it anymore is cute.
And what other news sources do you get your information from?

I appreciate the link to a source outside of conservative circles. I’ll read up a bit more on it.

May 12, 2007
Texaa
Collecting foreign donations are also "big" campaign violations and they result in little more than slaps on the wrist. She is not going to jail even if she is completely guilty, it will be a small fine that doesn't actually discourage the behavior, just like all other campaign violations.

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
I’m not finding information on this “scandal” from any actual reputable sources. You’re all just getting mad from some lies conservative news outlets are spreading in their circle. I’m talking about reputable sources like AP, BBC, The Economist and NPR.

So yeah, I stand by my statement.
Plenty of left leaning sources have reported this. And I don’t see anyone getting mad. AOC is more of an amusing sidequest.

Nov 19, 2018
It just proves that this social democrat shit is bull. Telling others what to do meanwhile reaping all the benefits she can from public funds. Its all about bending the system for their own individual benefit while they say it is for everyone. No one will go to jail that is the point. Politicians are crooked.

Its like no one read 1984 or Brave New world.

Aug 30, 2018
Of course not. She's a Democrat, they'll have their media lapdogs bury the story, which means there will be zero pressure on her to step down or for her to be prosecuted.