Is @AOC going to jail?

Is @AOC going to jail?

• Total voters
Oct 24, 2017
It only works when you ignore everything else I wrote in here so far...
Like this: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-aoc-going-to-jail.1473171/page-2#post-253843086

Trump is wrong about climate change. He rejects basic science.
Trump lies all the time.
Trump rejects US post WW2 foreign policy principles without even considering the consequences or explaining how and why an alternative approach would be better.
Trump drove the deficit up massively because he wanted to make tax gifts to rich people and corporations who in turn put that money into stock buy-backs. Effectively hundreds of billions of dollars were burned, or rather funnels from the public to private benefactors. This move was sold to the electorate through simple lies. Lies everyone could have seen through, but didn't because of blind faith in Trump.
Trump doesn't understand the labor market and acts like immigration and outsourcing are job killers, when its actually automation and insufficient education. As a result of this wrong understanding of the problem, his proposed solutions(curbing immigration and setting up tariffs) do not work at all. And these are also things to easy see through, but Trump just cites the same jobs numbers he called "fake" during the Obama years, job numbers which show no change between the Obama term and the Trump term, yet Trump uses them as proof for the success of his policies.

Everyone with half a working brain cell should be able to see through this bullshit.

I can already see it coming, in a few years no one will admit to having supported Trump.
I am not even a trump fan but most of this you can also argue against AOC.

She does not now how it works correctly
She lies or at least does not care about facts but more about feelings
Nothing here
How about health care systems? Which AOC believes is not expensive and can be financed easily by getting rid of army funds. Which by the way the investment is part of the Nato contracts which has been broken by several of countries including Germany. So Nato wise he was actually correct.
Same deal with AOC she does not understand economics and the Labor market.
And for the trade war with China and Europe. It is actually a great thing for the US alone. It makes sense to do this as a nationalist. It will hurt everyone except the US.

AOC is really not a better candidate, she even is now involved in never seen before financial scandal as well.

Again my vote is still for Sanders since he actually understands much of the problems the world but also the US faces.

PS: Moving the embassy to Jerusalem and signing an executive Order for free speech are great things. And Trump did something with his agressive way with North Korea resulted in a never seen before situation.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2014
Nope
I never just said I disagree with Trumps policies.
I always explained why I disagree with them and what they lead to and why thats bad.
And thats what I am asking you about. In which instances was this just based on perspective.
And don't tell me that whether or not wasting billions of tax payer money on tax breaks for corporation and the rich who in turn privatize this additional revenue is a bad thing depends on perspective.
Unless you are a billionaire this shit is bad for you.

I called people uninformed, not reprehensible.
My assumption is that if they were properly informed they would never hold these positions because they are absolutely not in their rational self interest.

In most instances, thats the case.

But it's not based on perspective but on facts.
That Trumps stance on climate change flies in the face of scientific conclusions is a fact.
That Trump tax breaks don't do shit for working American and mostly benefit rich people and corporations and show now trickle down effect, is also a fact.
Thats Trump rejection of the post WW2 world order is not thought through at all and extremely dangerous is also a fact.

Not once have I made a moral argument here.
You still haven't cited a single one of my arguments that shows the type of things you allege.

Smoke up the arse it is then

Nov 24, 2012
munich

Smoke up the arse it is then
So you started with an allegation, then a few posts of beating around the bush because you couldn't back it up and now you've resorted to flaming. Basically exactly the course of action I described earlier.

I am not even a trump fan but most of this you can also argue against AOC.

She does not now how it works correctly
She lies or at least does not care about facts but more about feelings
Nothing here
How about health care systems? Which AOC believes is not expensive and can be financed easily by getting rid of army funds. Which by the way the investment is part of the Nato contracts which has been broken by several of countries including Germany. So Nato wise he was actually correct.
Same deal with AOC she does not understand economics and the Labor market.
And for the trade war with China and Europe. It is actually a great thing for the US alone. It makes sense to do this as a nationalist. It will hurt everyone except the US.

AOC is really not a better candidate, she even is now involved in never seen before financial scandal as well.

Again my vote is still for Sanders since he actually understands much of the problems the world but also the US faces.

PS: Moving the embassy to Jerusalem and signing an executive Order for free speech are great things. And Trump did something with his agressive way with North Korea resulted in a never seen before situation.
Few things:
1. AOC isn't president
2. AOC takes climate change seriously and since I am not American this is one of the few major issue that affects me, too, on which AOC is much better than Trump.
3. AOC isn't riling people up with nationalist and nativist rhetoric.
4. AOC isn't using minorities as scapegoats.

Also, as a german social democrat I have to say that neither AOC nor Bernie have any clue about how to properly implement modern social system in a capitalist society.
Sanders isn't any better on that front than AOC.

Oct 24, 2017
So you started with an allegation, then a few posts of beating around the bush because you couldn't back it up and now you've resorted to flaming. Basically exactly the course of action I described earlier.

Few things:
1. AOC isn't president
2. AOC takes climate change seriously and since I am not American this is one of the few major issue that affects me, too, on which AOC is much better than Trump.

Also, as a german social democrat I have to say that neither AOC nor Bernie have any clue about how to properly implement modern social system in a capitalist society.
Yes she is not president but she is trying to become one
No she does not take it seriously she is just fearmongering and trying to "solve" it by utopian plans and thoughts.
No AOC is not nationalistic the is the complete opposite
AOC is using fear mongering ans central fuel. she is using free healthcare as a scapegoat that never gets fullfilled the way the wants to. She is as close to reality as Trump is just in an opposite way.

As a German I have to say that only Bernie Sanders comes close to a politican I want to see in Germany. Sadly Here in Germany the political situation is fucking awful (On Weimar Level)-. I have never seen politicians so tone deaf like they are right now. And not one of them is in any form electable. The SPD has become an absolute Joke. the AFD and Green/Linke are the extremist sides on both spectrums and the CDU has lost their conservative side to create a balanced view. And yes I mostly blame Merkel and Macron for the situation in Europe right now.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2014
Nope
and you are confusing my argument purposefully to avoid the point or just don't understand the difference in the meaning of the words: fact, opinion and perspective. Either way I have a job, personal interests, hobbies, and obligations in life that I will not take away time from to devote time to listing each statement you made and picking it apart as you are requesting, as plenty in this very thread have already done albeit not to your satisfaction which again is your opinion. I used your most recent example, and made a clear and obvious example of it. I belive it is obvious to anyone whom can think objectively and understands the meaning of those words. So again:
If you still can't see the difference, I'm sorry I cannot find the proper way to communicate what is an obvious and glaring issue in most every politics thread.

Nov 24, 2012
munich
Yes she is not president but she is trying to become one
No she does not take it seriously she is just fearmongering and trying to "solve" it by utopian plans and thoughts.
Unlikely that Democrats will bend over for her like the Republic bent over for Trump.

No AOC is not nationalistic the is the complete opposite
Thats good, though.

AOC is using fear mongering ans central fuel. she is using free healthcare as a scapegoat that never gets fullfilled the way the wants to. She is as close to reality as Trump is just in an opposite way.
Fear mongering about what?
Also, how is she using universal healthcare as a scape goat? What?

As a German I have to say that only Bernie Sanders comes close to a politican I want to see in Germany.
Bernie has no idea who social democracy works.
The most basic problem in the US is that their educational and healthcare infrastructure is mostly private. So making it free would mean that the tax payer would have to pay for the profits these private institutions want to achieve, making the whole thing way too expensive.

In Germany the educational and healthcare infrastructure is mostly public. No private industries are making a profit off of these social systems. => its way more affordable.

Bernie, like AOC, is completely unaware of that.
An informed leftist in the US would argue for a huge infrastructure program spanning decades and a slow rollout of stronger social system as the public infrastructure grows.
Because thats the only possible way.

Keep in mind that these social systems have a 100 year history in Germany. It's not something you can just implement within one or two terms.

Sadly Here in Germany the political situation is fucking awful (On Weimar Level)-. I have never seen politicians so tone deaf like they are right now. And not one of them is in any form electable. The SPD has become an absolute Joke. the AFD and Green/Linke are the extremist sides on both spectrums
Putting AFD and Greens/Linke on the same level is already very suspicious. The AfD is far right populist party with massive Nazi influence, while the Greens are a center left mainstream party and the Linke are a slightly populist left wing party. Both are in no way comparable to the AfD, which is a threat to democracy, freedom and our value foundation.

and the CDU has lost their conservative side to create a balanced view. And yes I mostly blame Merkel and Macron for the situation in Europe right now.
Merkel and Macron are the only ones proposing solutions to problems, while everyone else is advocating for ignoring the problems as long as possible.

Sep 1, 2017
The problem I see with Europe is that they have been on the tit of the United States for far too long. They are like a sheltered child that literally sits in the basement and is bored all day. It was my hope that Trump would push them in the direction to think in a more defensive posture as Russia is breathing down their necks right now. When Russia moves on a few more of it's former satelite countries it's going to be a big wake up call to the basement dwellers over there to get their defenses in order.

Oct 24, 2017
Fear mongering about what?
Also, how is she using universal healthcare as a scape goat? What?
She makes problems much bigger then they are. She is openly using feminist methods to scare people by telling not the actual facts and rather go for feelings than facts. And mabye scapegoat is the wrong term. She has unrealistic solutions for how to be able to finance this. This is also de to her lack of economic knowledge

Depends: I rather had something more in the middle. Not a close everything up and not a open boraders policy. Canada has a great policy and integrations laws. I would go with Canada here.

Bernie has no idea who social democracy works.
The most basic problem in the US is that their educational and healthcare infrastructure is mostly private. So making it free would mean that the tax payer would have to pay for the profits these private institutions want to achieve, making the whole thing way too expensive.
No one has that is why I said I think he is the best available right now.

In Germany the educational and healthcare infrastructure is mostly public. No private industries are making a profit off of these social systems. => its way more affordable.
Keep in mind that these social systems have a 100 year history in Germany. It's not something you can just implement within one or two terms.
Yes and it is failing more and more. The quality of our system has become abysmal. When I was sick last week I had to go to 5 different doctors because they only could give me an appointment for next week. (At that time I would be well again) Also for special appointments like for your eyes, heart etc you have to wait for up to 6 months or even more. It has become crazy. We know have a 2 class health system. I also do not like that I barely use it but still have to pay almost 40% of taxes.

Putting AFD and Greens/Linke on the same level is already very suspicious. The AfD is far right populist party with massive Nazi influence, while the Greens are a center left mainstream party and the Linke are a slightly populist left wing party. Both are in no way comparable to the AfD, which is a threat to democracy, freedom and our value foundation.
No not really they are the opposite. These are the ones supporting antifa. Die Linke even justified the Frankfurt Riots against the EZB even though they burned down cars and otehr public property. Honestly when I see demos. the Nazis are far more harmless than Antifa and CO. And for radical believes I think AFD and Grüne/linke are both bad. Right now the only more liberal party is maybe the FDP.

Merkel and Macron are the only ones proposing solutions to problems, while everyone else is advocating for ignoring the problems as long as possible.
No they do not. Because this is something that will never work. There will NEVER be a European solution. You can advocate as much you want when no one wants to participate in it. Now you have anti EU fractions raising more and more. Countries becoming more and more right wing and all of this is because of Merkel and in the End Macron. And now even Marcon goes hard on immigration as a big example. the rest does what they want anyway. (Spain, Ungarn etc)

Nov 24, 2012
munich
She makes problems much bigger then they are.
Thats impossible.
Climate change is the biggest problem humanity ever faced. Any world war or other crisis pales in comparison.
And Trump is steadily working on collapsing the post WW2 world order of liberal democracy and relative peace.

Depends: I rather had something more in the middle. Not a close everything up and not a open boraders policy. Canada has a great policy and integrations laws. I would go with Canada here.
Nationalism is a toxic ideology that causes nothing but hate and conflict. The less the better.

No one has that is why I said I think he is the best available right now.
Dude is old as fuck and none of his ideas are any better than the ones of AOC et al.

Yes and it is failing more and more. The quality of our system has become abysmal. When I was sick last week I had to go to 5 different doctors because they only could give me an appointment for next week. (At that time I would be well again) Also for special appointments like for your eyes, heart etc you have to wait for up to 6 months or even more. It has become crazy. We know have a 2 class health system. I also do not like that I barely use it but still have to pay almost 40% of taxes.
Not true. Look at international comparisons and you'll see that the german system is one of the best in the world.

No not really they are the opposite. These are the ones supporting antifa. Die Linke even justified the Frankfurt Riots against the EZB even though they burned down cars and otehr public property. Honestly when I see demos. the Nazis are far more harmless than Antifa and CO. And for radical believes I think AFD and Grüne/linke are both bad. Right now the only more liberal party is maybe the FDP.
Yellow vests were just as destructive as ANTIFA and they were supported by the AfD, while Greens and Linke always criticize ANTIFA for their destructiveness.

No they do not. Because this is something that will never work. There will NEVER be a European solution. You can advocate as much you want when no one wants to participate in it. Now you have anti EU fractions raising more and more. Countries becoming more and more right wing and all of this is because of Merkel and in the End Macron. And now even Marcon goes hard on immigration as a big example. the rest does what they want anyway. (Spain, Ungarn etc)
European problems require European solutions, nothing else will work.
Either people accept that or watch this continent go down.
Nation states have served their purpose, but they are not able to solve the problems we face today and need to take a step back and make room for supranational efforts.
We can either do that now, or wait and watch the problems become larger and larger.

Oct 24, 2017
Thats impossible.
Climate change is the biggest problem humanity ever faced. Any world war or other crisis pales in comparison.
And Trump is steadily working on collapsing the post WW2 world order of liberal democracy and relative peace.
Look I do not even agree with Trump here but people demanding unrealistic things like eat less meat is just stupid and will not be the solution. Climate change is a problem that we need to deal with.As for the Nato Trump is right and almost every country does not fulfill this contract

Nationalism is a toxic ideology that causes nothing but hate and conflict. The less the better.
So is leftwing authoritism in fact I thinksicne it is more accepted and celebrated it is more dangerous. With Nazis we know it is bad.

Dude is old as fuck and none of his ideas are any better than the ones of AOC et al.
He has the right approach to turn voters. He things of problems not as race obsessed which is also a good thing. He sees the problems but also find the actual reasons for it instead of shouting sexism and racism.

Not true. Look at international comparisons and you'll see that the german system is one of the best in the world.
Yeah Sorry but no. Have you tried to get an appointment beim Augenarzt? 6 Months in Düsseldorf. Kardio is even worse. IF you are privat versichert. 1-2 weeks max.

Yellow vests were just as destructive as ANTIFA and they were supported by the AfD, while Greens and Linke always criticize ANTIFA for their destructiveness.
Yellow vests are a stange bunch of people since they conisit of every political spectrum. They just want to establish a new France Revolution. they ae crazy and dangerous.

European problems require European solutions, nothing else will work.
Either people accept that or watch this continent go down.
Nation states have served their purpose, but they are not able to solve the problems we face today and need to take a step back and make room for supranational efforts.
We can either do that now, or wait and watch the problems become larger and larger.
When almost EVERY Country said NO we do not want it and because of Germany and France (Which also changed now with Marcon) argue about accepting Mass immigration then yes it is their fault. An European Solution would have been NO to mass immigration Full Stop

Aug 22, 2018

Few things:
1. AOC isn't president

This list is an absolute joke and she literally does all of those listed. She was literally trying to out anyone that would vote across the lines to throw them out of the party.

She race baits constantly without understanding why she was pushing for that group in the first place.

She is a literally a 5 year old writing a paper for her teacher on how to make the world perfect with absolutely no idea how to get there.

Jan 13, 2018
I guess AOC derangement syndrome is a thing. Similar to Trump derangement syndrome.

I don't really follow this all too closely though. I wouldn't be completely shocked if she gets punished more harshly than other politicians because she has enemies on the left and on the right and in the big money donor ranks who all wouldn't mind taking her out.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I guess AOC derangement syndrome is a thing. Similar to Trump derangement syndrome.

I don't really follow this all too closely though. I wouldn't be completely shocked if she gets punished more harshly than other politicians because she has enemies on the left and on the right and in the big money donor ranks who all wouldn't mind taking her out.
You can't blame the Dems and she is making it easy for them. Remember her and the JD's goal is to oust all of them from power. She has started a war and the other Dems maybe haven't figured it out, but they are going to have to play dirty.

The organization formed as a result of the 2016 United States presidential election and has a stated goal of reforming the Democratic Party by running "a unified campaign to replace every corporate-backed member of Congress" and rebuild the Democratic Party from "scratch" starting in the 2018 congressional midterm elections.
The goal of the Justice Democrats in their own words is to rebuild the Democratic Party from scratch.

Its not the right she should fear, its the left. And the Democrats are no slouches at playing political games, some of them have been in it for many many years, compared to AOC.

Jan 13, 2018
You can't blame the Dems and she is making it easy for them. Remember her and the JD's goal is to oust all of them from power. She has started a war and the other Dems maybe haven't figured it out, but they are going to have to play dirty.

The goal of the Justice Democrats in their own words is to rebuild the Democratic Party from scratch.

Its not the right she should fear, its the left. And the Democrats are no slouches at playing political games, some of them have been in it for many many years, compared to AOC.
I don't blame them for fighting her. They are clearly enemies at this point. My point is she does have lots of enemies already, so she wont be as protected as many politicians.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I don't blame them for fighting her. They are clearly enemies at this point. My point is she does have lots of enemies already, so she wont be as protected as many politicians.
Yup I agree. She could survive against republicans, but if she makes enemies in her own party, especially the establishment she won't have anyone to save her when the shit hits the fan.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
The DNC is probably her only real enemy at this point. They are going into an election and she is starting a civil war within the democratic party. A very public civil war at that.
She is the GOPs wet dream. They LOVE her. Enemy of my enemy and all that stuff.

Jan 13, 2018
The DNC is probably her only real enemy at this point. They are going into an election and she is starting a civil war within the democratic party. A very public civil war at that.
She is the GOPs wet dream. They LOVE her. Enemy of my enemy and all that stuff.
Yes and no. That is certainly partially true. But she also gets an unusual amount of coverage from FOX and other conservative outlets just genuinely opposed to her ideas. I think saying they love her is a stretch. She has enemies in 3 camps 1) establishment left, 2) right, 3) big money donors.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Sorry @JareBear no new AOC thread just bumping an old one...

AOC falsely claims pro-Jeb Bush super PAC behind ethics complaints against her, doubles down with another false claim

U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tried this week to delegitimize ethics complaints lodged against her by falsely linking watchdog groups to a totally separate Republican super PAC that received a record fine from the FEC over foreign money.

Seemingly frustrated with the ethics complaints that allege off-the-books operations and misuse of congressional resources, the rookie Democratic congresswoman from New York went on Twitter to incorrectly link watchdog groups to Right to Rise, a pro-Jeb Bush super PAC that was hit with a $390,000 fine for accepting more than $1.3 million in illegal donations from Chinese nationals.

“Whoah: the creepy org filing bogus ethics complaints against me just *actually* got hit with one of the biggest fines in FEC history,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a tweet.

But multiple social media users have called out Ocasio-Cortez, noting that the PAC has nothing to do with the groups that lodged the complaints against her.

She then issued something of a correction, claiming it was “Rather same guy who operated at the org,” but the Daily Caller noted her secondary remark also was false.

Former Right to Rise operative Luke Thompson, whom the congresswoman was referencing, was neither mentioned in the complaint against the Republican group nor is he filing ethics complaints against her.

Ocasio-Cortez's posts came in the wake of multiple ethics complaints that allege impropriety by her.

One complaint filed by the Virginia-based National Legal and Policy Center (NLPC) alleges that Ocasio-Cortez and her chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti funneled nearly $1 million in contributions from political action committees – set up by Chakrabarti – to private companies that he also controlled.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Mar 12, 2014
I'm far less concerned with what she did with campaign funds than I am over how ignorant she is. Did anyone watch this week's grilling of a banker? I believe it was Well Fargo. She was trying to blame a bank for oil spills, erosion, etc., and demanding to know why the bank should not be responsible to pay for the world's environmental issues. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and being treated like a rock star.

Dec 3, 2013
I'm far less concerned with what she did with campaign funds than I am over how ignorant she is. Did anyone watch this week's grilling of a banker? I believe it was Well Fargo. She was trying to blame a bank for oil spills, erosion, etc., and demanding to know why the bank should not be responsible to pay for the world's environmental issues. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and being treated like a rock star.
But have you seen her dance tho?

OSC

Banned
Jun 16, 2018
The biggest offense is having a name similar to mine, and probably came later, or at least I was unaware. Appears to imply sponsorship.

And I'm an unbiased corporate sponsor, governments should be subservient to corporations as should humans.

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
The problem I see with Europe is that they have been on the tit of the United States for far too long. They are like a sheltered child that literally sits in the basement and is bored all day. It was my hope that Trump would push them in the direction to think in a more defensive posture as Russia is breathing down their necks right now. When Russia moves on a few more of it's former satelite countries it's going to be a big wake up call to the basement dwellers over there to get their defenses in order.
It's like dealing with a perpetual teenager screaming "I hate you," as you feed, clothe, and provide shelter for them. With only 3 European members of NATO actually meeting their requirements (thank you citizens of the UK, Greece, and Poland) they have the nerve to piss and moan about Americans when our tax dollars pay for their national defense.

Must be nice to have all that money for cushy welfare programs when you only only have to fund a pee-wee league military, knowing that Big Poppa USA will foot the bill.