• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Bloodborne the best game this generation?

DelireMan7

You should only ask yourself ome question:

Is Dark Souls Remaster a "game of this generation" ?
If yes, then no Bloodborne is not the best.
If no, yes Bloodborne is the best and you know which one was the best the previous gen..

Last edited:

eot

Banned
I should get around to playing the DLC.

Anyway, there's too many little things that drag the game down from GOTY status for me, like not being able to rest at a lamp without warping, grinding for blood vials (annoying on SL1 runs), linear progression compared to Souls games and most bosses being dead ends. I'm way less excited to replay BB than I am Dark Souls. I still love the good parts of the game as much as everyone else though.

Varteras

Gold Member
I thought it was awesome. I can see why some would feel it to be their game of the generation. Not for me, though.

Stuart360

I can see the argument for Fortnite being game of the generation as It transcended its medium into pop culture.
Thats like saying ENDGAME is the best movie of all time because its grossed the most.
Anyway Assassins Creed Odyssey is arguably my fave game this gen, and the reason why Assassins Creed Ragnarok is my most wanted next gen game.

Enjay

Banned
Thats like saying ENDGAME is the best movie of all time because its grossed the most.
Anyway Assassins Creed Odyssey is arguably my fave game this gen, and the reason why Assassins Creed Ragnarok is my most wanted next gen game.
It did a lot more than just gross the most. It got as annoying and popular as paris hilton kim kardashian or the corona virus.

ruvikx

Banned
Subjective. There is no number 1
but for me.... Yes.
That and God of War

I have no idea how someone can place Bloodborne & God of War on the same pedestal.

Bloodborne, i.e. a beautiful Lovecraftian Souls game with tactical combat, beautiful level design & entirely addictive gameplay loop.

God of War, i.e. spam the Atreus arrows to win, waypoints pointing the direction on the map, superfluous gear & loot, repetitive puzzles.

?

Bloodborne is a beautiful masterpiece, God of War was a piece of inconsequential forgettable button mashing. That's just my opinion of course, but something like The Surge 2 is far, far superior to God of War.

Entroyp

I wish I was able to like and enjoy From games as much as many here do. I just can’t get into them.

I do acknowledge those games are top tier quality.

Woodchipper

Tried it recently and hated it, so no.

I think I’d go with Super Mario Odyssey, but it’s very possible that the best game this generation for me personally is not released yet. I’m talking about Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last of Us Part 2.

Rac3r

Prob top 5. Not better than RDR2 or God of War. But somewhere between Persona 5 and Uncharted 4 for me.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Its a great game and again Thank you to japan studio and from software... But the Best??? Nahhh.

First need to fix the Bugs that have the game and there are a lot of them.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
One of the best games this gen. I played Bloodborne more times than most other games. I feel that way about most FromSoftware titles. Bloodborne has its own magic to its world. It takes you somewhere that video games don't often go. I remember the film the Brotherhood of the Wolf and this game was influenced from that film. I would definitely say it was one of my favorites, but I also love Dark Souls 3 too.

I just made a thread about my newly acquired interest in this and Souls games in general.

Since I haven't played any of them yet, I have no opinion but damn does this game look good.

I really dig the strong Lovecraftian vibe. Lore-wise from what I've read, it's sure as hell might be the best 'cosmic horror' game this gen.

I hope they do a sequel.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Top Bottom