• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Chipotle's food spicy? I've never eaten there before

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I know Mexican food can be spicy, but I've never eaten at Chipotle before, and I have gastrointestinal issues, so I try to avoid spicy foods. A friend wanted to meet there for lunch this week, and I was wondering if I got just a steak burrito or something if it would be too spicy for me. I've had Qdoba years ago and I tolerated it, but haven't had them in a while, I don't know if Chipotle is different.

LMJ

I think you'll be okay, both the beef and the chicken are seasoned, but I wouldn't personally call them spicy, avoid the carne asada though lol

Perhaps you can stop by one day and ask for a sample just to see how it agrees with you...

On top of that the staff are usually more than willing to answer any questions you might have or even give some suggestions

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I love spicy food so Chipotle was on the weaker side, but I guess its all a personal preference. If you have gastro problems, I would go with chicken, and ask them if anything is spicy and avoid it, they will cater to your needs. Also like LMJ LMJ said, go there before and give it a try.

Last edited:
yes its so spicy in fact its so spicy you cant tell the workers to not add sauce you cant even ask them what on their menu is spicy because of their spicy attitudes all the drinks in the fountain is hot sauce or lava and the air is chili powder

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Moe's had a ghost pepper salsa that packed some serious heat, but Checoli? I don't think they have anything with that level of firepower. Everything I've ever eaten there including their "hot" was pretty mild.

Though to be honest, most authentic Mexican food isn't that hot.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
A lot of people here will tell you it's not spicy. Listen to them at your peril.

Like some said, the meat is seasoned, so there is a baseline of spiciness no matter what you order.

If you DO go, don't get the medium (green) or hot (red) salsa - only get the pico de gallo (the tomatoes diced tomatoes that serves as their mild salsa), and ask for a side of medium, then try a tiny bit of it. Even the medium adds enough heat that it makes me blow my nose during and after eating it.

Also, get a burrito bowl and ask for a couple mini tortillas on the side (they don't charge extra for this). Tearing off pieces of the tortillas and eating it with your bowl will reduce the sensation of heat in your mouth, but I'm not sure if it will make much difference for your stomach.

Adding cheese and/or sour cream will also reduce the heat.

Last edited:

norm9

Definitely not spicy. If you're worried, just have some guac on the side to cool down your weak tongue.

LMJ

Read the OP people, they're not asking for non spicy because they can't handle it because they have a weak tongue, but they're saying they have a gastro problem...

AKA their body rejects the spicy in a nasty manner

Like I replied before, the staff there is usually very understanding if you explain yourself they might let you sample pretty much everything just a small bite to see how you deal with it oh, it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

old

Chipotle is bland as all hell. People don’t go there for the taste. They go there because it’s minimally processed and mostly made from scratch on site.

Last edited:
Top Bottom