• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Cold War a flop? What’s going on here?

Cravis

Wonder if the massive file size is hurting it? I know they said you can install parts now but still that’s the reason I’ve yet to pick it up. SSD size is going to make me take closer looks at game install sizes before purchasing

wolffy71

Banned
I'll buy when they lower the price to adjust for the missing content that's available on other platforms. Not getting ripped off just because they feel like it.

notseqi

Wonder if the massive file size is hurting it? I know they said you can install parts now but still that’s the reason I’ve yet to pick it up. SSD size is going to make me take closer looks at game install sizes before purchasing
Yeh, got patched. Redownloading it now, it was 210+, now its 76 for multiplayer.
My games SSD is already packed, 1TB. Not sure how this console generation wants to fare if they are starting at a lower size.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I'm loving it actually, haven't had any problems finding games. I enjoy the maps and I'm actually not getting destroyed either, usually keeping a 1.25-2.0 kdr.

I tried turning off crossplay to see if it would load at lightning speed (it feels like the game loads for me on PS5 in like 3 seconds and I'm just waiting for other players, I'm assuming that's the onther consoles loading slower), but couldn't get a match. Presumably all of the PS5 users are playing with crossplay enabled. Surely there would be enough of us if we all turned it off, but yeah, people aren't going to do that yet.

I don't enjoy Warzone and my buddy and I tried the Firebomb thing last night briefly before returning to classic modes. This new fangled shit doesn't appeal to me at all, I could play nothing but TDM and Domination.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

Black Ops and Warzone are sepertated now. Modern Warfare your multiplayer weapons and stuff carried over to warzone so there was incentive to play and unlock stuff.

Black Ops is half baked and missing a ton of features that modern warfare had.

Beta was all I needed. Coming off GOAT back to the roots MW I wasn't feelin Cold War at all.

I will grab it though for that sweet Campaign I'm hearing about during BF. Sick deals popping up on the Daily ba...

John2290

I can't speak for the campaign but no wonder, what a state of a beta. The MP is the worst I've ever seen it. I'll grab the campaign when it eventually comes to PS+ or if they ever do a deep sale which they seem to shy away from these days.

It's a shame how many people are in love with MW. I enjoyed MW campaign and warzone is good for what it is. But if you actually are good at call of duty and want remotely competitive balance. MW is the worst MP in the history of the game.

Cold war is pretty fun PvP. But underwhelming. Still a lot better than MW for me personally. Better maps, no ridiculous lighting issues, time to kill isn't a joke.

Not Call of Duty per se but Cold War in particular. The last COD MP I was this bored with was Infinite Warfare. The multiplayer is really not good this time and it shows. I have no urge to dive back in. The maps are horrible, the graphics on ps5 look worse than MW on PS4, the guns are boring and the game is overall a big step back from MW, imo.
The graphics aren't worse than MW lol I'd say they look about on par with each other, and it's a much better game too. But man these are the worst maps Treyarch has ever put out, still puts MW's to shame though. I'd say it's the top 2 or 3 CoD's of this gen and Campaign and Zombies are great.

retsof624

I really wanna play this, but I saw a lot of people saying that it was shutting off their Xbox. I don't wanna pay $70 just to have my shit go dark

TheZink

I really wanna play this, but I saw a lot of people saying that it was shutting off their Xbox. I don't wanna pay $70 just to have my shit go dark
It’s happened to me a few times. Campaign is good. MP is not great IMHO. Feels like a game from 8 years ago.

Bridges

Modern Warfare was really stellar and made so many changes for the better that a lot of fans like myself see no reason to jump to another one that by all accounts seems like a step backwards.

Normally by the time a new CoD comes out I haven't played the last one in months, but MW had a lot of staying power relative to most years, no need to move on yet.

Not to get off the beaten path here but where do you go to check the most played Xbox live games now....seems like they moved it or something.

IDappa

In my case I refuse to pay more for a product that's inferior quality and content wise compared to last year's title in Australia the next gen versions are running $99-$110. I can see people having a similar thought process. Mind you all the crew I usually play with bought it, however sitting in their parties and listening it doesn't sound like it's a enjoyable experience.

Modern warfare was my return to cod after not playing for years and the love the team put into that game was apparent and showed in the product I enjoyed the experience.

JCK75

I really like cold wars multiplayer and zombies mode, The war zone is still just so much better.. If they want to pull everyone into buying Cold war they need to bring back the zombie royale for war zone exclusively to Cold war cuz people love that s***.

Bolivar687

Banned
13th on XBL is concerning. I personally think the game is the best CoD, both campaign and MP, since the original Black Ops. I'm not a Zombies aficionado but I'm loving this one, too.

J____Av

Probably Xbox players are getting fed up with Activision, with all the exclusive crap the Playstation version is getting.
Send a message and let the game die.
Xbox players could all boycott COD and COD would still be selling like crazy. A console that doesn't sell much has very little pull

diffusionx

Gold Member
One thing is for sure, if the Black Ops tagline isn't bringing people in, Activision might be in a bit of doo-doo. I assumed they were just moving into a world where they alternated between BO and MW every year.

Last edited:
Honestly, it’s kinda shite, especially right now with limited MP content, the character models and movements are far worse than MW, for some reason the gun models look cartoonish (not a fan). I’ve put the game on ice for now

I haven’t played COD in years but what exactly is Warzone? Is it like the Battle Royale game they released previously? Or is this what they are calling multiplayer now? Is this F2P and released as a stand alone?

Redlancet

Banned
xbox metrics dont get the global picture,its a excellent cod and pretty popular on ps4 and ps5 now,sorry for the haters,but every year they tried to downplay cod success and every year the fail miserably

I haven’t played COD in years but what exactly is Warzone? Is it like the Battle Royale game they released previously? Or is this what they are calling multiplayer now? Is this F2P and released as a stand alone?
F2P BR. A huge city of Verdansk and surrounding area, 150 players, solo, duos, trios and quads. If you like BR, I don’t think there’s anything better tbh (don’t even mention me Fortnite).

Multiplayer is separate and sublimely good, at least in MW.

MacReady13

Loving the campaign so far. Multiplayer is good. Tried playing Zombies and it crashed on me. Playing on PS5. It has numerous bugs but I’m enjoying single player campaign a fair bit.

Kupfer

I'm only interested in the campaign, but it's probably not worth the 70€. Before playing it, I need to replay BO I on Ps3.

OutRun88

I'm only interested in the campaign, but it's probably not worth the 70€. Before playing it, I need to replay BO I on Ps3.
I am already on my third play through of it. It’s a short campaign, but I love every bit of it.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Campaign is mediocre last gen at best. Idk, there's just something about it that says it was made 8 years ago and then shelved for a bit. I bought wasted money on the Ultimate Edition. Zombies is fun though. Would have just bought that instead if given the option

Last edited:
Top Bottom