• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Destiny: Rise of Iron the next Destiny Expansion?

Seems to be legit. I'll pay $30.

Ifyou can hold of then do so. Look at how quick they put taken king on sale.

This thing will be on sale for $20 by black Friday.

Activision barging binned that thing fast which is strange because normally they love keeping high prices on their stuff.

I feel the same as do many Guardians, 1 raid a year is not enough to sustain a playerbase this ravenous. Space out 2+ raids over a year please.

Corner cutting however, has been a thing in year 2, holding back exotics, 1 raid, no return for SRL and no real vendor update since September (I know they changed the perks but in year 1 we had 3 sets of Vanguard and Crucible weapons and gear), dishing out new gear and ships in treasure boxes is lame too.

Spektar and Taken gear should have been quest rewards not random, purchasable fluff.

I'll be back for the next expansion, I'll log in now and again until then but I hope year 3 is meatier than year 2 (and please, no pets!)

There will never be "enough" content in a game where, according to activision, the -average- playtime is 100 hours. Players will always scale up their behavior to amount of content available in a game such as this, and there's no magic number where you hit content nirvana. If they released a raid every other month, you could be damn sure there would be plenty of people bitching that there should be a raid released every month. If you give a mouse a cookie...

Ifyou can hold of then do so. Look at how quick they put taken king on sale.

This thing will be on sale for $20 by black Friday.

Activision barging binned that thing fast which is strange because normally they love keeping high prices on their stuff.

Probably figured it made more financial sense to lower the barrier to entry and make up the numbers with sales of Silver. I recall those shooting to the top of the marketplace when they were first revealed

Is this the one where they finally explain how the fallen, who are aliens, know what wolves are, and why they use wolf idi-

yes excellent point. I hope this is finally the expansion where they explain how the fallen, who are aliens, know what wolves are, and why they use wolf idioms and metaphors
Beautiful.

Zocano

They really need to make all DLC, new content. Not recycled stuff.

I think this is a really cynical way to look at it. It's content they had begun working on that they wouldn't have been able to finish on time so they had throw it aside. This lets us actually see that content (or whatever new form it ends up taking). This isn't a raid they had finished and just left aside for later.

Looks PVP related. Some spin off of Iron Banner maybe?

Nvm guess it's an "expansion"

There will never be "enough" content in a game where, according to activision, the -average- playtime is 100 hours. Players will always scale up their behavior to amount of content available in a game such as this, and there's no magic number where you hit content nirvana. If they released a raid every other month, you could be damn sure there would be plenty of people bitching that there should be a raid released every month. If you give a mouse a cookie...

Destiny has been content light since it launched. Players have settled with whatever they've offered and now that's the norm. When the game launched j actually thought that each expansion would add a new planet. That seemed fair a the time. Now I expect a couple of missions and maybe a raid that won't be as good and expansive as VoG

Lothars

I'm in, Destiny is one of the best games of this generation and I keep playing it. I look forward to this next expansion.

Kudo

If there's enough PVE content, I'm back.
TTK is one of my best multiplayer experiences, and the raids before that were really fun too. I've platinumed the game and PVP doesn't interest me too much so not playing actively but always coming back for PVE.

geordiemp

I assumed the next expansion would be Vex-centered.

Well, no matter. Excited to see how this shapes up.

Well, we have had a Vex, Hive and a Taken raid (with some hive and cabal).

We have not had a pure Fallen or Cabal raid yet. I would be happy with a new location on earth....maybe a winter snow one would be cool....

Destiny 2 I want 60 FPS, I am OK with the size of the maps, just 60 FPs will play better and get some damn PVP servers from COD / Activision and we are golden.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Is this the one where they finally explain how the fallen, who are aliens, know what wolves are, and why they use wolf idi-

yes excellent point. I hope this is finally the expansion where they explain how the fallen, who are aliens, know what wolves are, and why they use wolf idioms and metaphors

Well, I don't know about that. I just hope this is the expansion where they explain how the fallen, who are aliens, know what wolves are, and why they use wolf idioms.

Falifax

So just because some people see Lord Saladin in the picture they automatically assume that it's only a PvP based expansion?

degoose

Neo Member
Jup me to. Still playing it daily. This looks awesome again. Expansion with the Iron Lords?
Hyped.

yep me as well. I took about a two week break on it but that's about the most i'm now heavily hooked again and loving it. The gameplay is just constantly great.

Klyka

Banned
I think that's just the general way most people on the internet act. So many knee jerk reactions without thinking first or waiting for more information.

Yeah, it's often fun to watch, but can be frustrating as well.

Recently looking at the Division community, they get a bit of info about new content and immediately write huuuuuge posts about how broken and bad and unwanted it is.
Then one day later the devs release more info and suddenly it's all "oh ok, I see, well that's not too bad I guess, but..."

Everything is always the end of the world and people act as if games literally just "die" in like a day or when the devs do a single new/different thing.

LeonSPBR

Yes for more Destiny. Returned for the April update and having a blast. CoE was a fun thing that Bungie added, and I want more.

degoose

Neo Member
Yes for more Destiny. Returned for the April update and having a blast. CoE was a fun thing that Bungie added, and I want more.

I'm also enjoying the new updated weapons, the change of perks to some weapons and also the Spektar gear. Currently i'm working on getting the new monarchy spektar armour. The drop rates have also been massively improved so on a weekly basis i am either getting new armour and new weapons from the factions and vanguard or just getting a lot from general drops . The changes have made a big improvement.

rezn0r

Will return to play my 20-30 hours of new content and then move on to the next thing, just like I did with TTK. I've decided it's a good relationship to have with Destiny.

I still play much more than that, but there's zero wrong with that gameplan. I think there's a lot of people who would benefit from thinking that way.

HokieJoe

Jup me to. Still playing it daily. This looks awesome again. Expansion with the Iron Lords?
Hyped.

I play it daily as well, but several things piss me off about the game. It's awful funny that none of this shit started until Craptivision entered the picture. The same goes for Titanfall and SW Battlefront though. Over-reliance on MP; or MP only content is just laziness and looking for a quick buck. Nothing more.

They need to rerelease the old raids with current light level gear. Bring back f8bringer, m8.

I'm in, though, for whatever this is. Game is fun as hell.

tumblr_inline_mryw2dzT4Z1qz4rgp.gif

Gator86

Will return to play my 20-30 hours of new content and then move on to the next thing, just like I did with TTK. I've decided it's a good relationship to have with Destiny.

Same. I'll run through the missions and the strikes a few times, collect a handful of exotics, and move on instead of grinding through the progression treadmills. The idea that every game needs to be some type of lifestyle instead of a couple hour experience is not especially useful.

It's funny. I don't feel any hype for this. Like, I'll probably get it. I'm almost certain I will. But I'm not looking forward to it and, in some respects, I'm kind of dreading getting pulled back in to Destiny. If it wasn't for the fact that I'll be playing with friends, I'm wondering if I'd skip this.

Top Bottom