• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Destiny: Rise of Iron the next Destiny Expansion?

chozen

Rise of Iron, found it on 4chan, and I guess they found it off reddit, 7 hours ago.

384wVq8.jpg

wow expansions are still coming out for this game?

Seriously? You're going to be seeing expansions and new titles for a decade. It sells extremely well and has a large, dedicated player base.

EDIT: I doubt this is expansion related. Seems more likely it'll be a live team update between now and the September expansion.

hoggert

Ah, this must be the one where they explain why the Fallen, who are aliens, know about wolves and use wolf idioms.

My girlfriend asked me that question yesterday while I was replaying some House of Wolves missions cuz I was bored and I stared her right in the eyes and said "The d e e p l o r e"

Seriously? You're going to be seeing expansions and new titles for a decade. It sells extremely well and has a large, dedicated player base.

EDIT: I doubt this is expansion related. Seems more likely it'll be a live team update between now and the September expansion.

Didn't they reveal The Taken King at E3? Assuming this is real, it is judge's week. So that could explain why it's out there.

ar4757

He's probably comparing to, say, Cod where dlc season lasts a year

darthbob

You really think so? This looks more like a TTK sized expansion than anything.

mcfrank

Developers have internal targets. Destiny 2 was meant to launch this year but it had to be pushed back. Go read Bungie's weekly update about it.

I have, I just wouldn't use the word delayed. I see it a lot when something has a rumored date, the real date gets announced as later than the rumor, then people say it was delayed. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Someone on Reddit posted another pic and it has a copyright 2017, so probably not just a live update.

hoggert

I think the important questions are:

Is that an axe or a hammer? And is it made of iron? Is it available in a new sterling treasure box for 200 silver? Will we finally get another dank dance that isn't perfectly animated that I cannot resist spending $$$ on?

kulapik

The next Destiny thingy is going to be a sequel, I think, so I'll say fake.

Edit: ah, never mind, seems i didn't get the memo

You really think so? This looks more like a TTK sized expansion than anything.

Yeah I'm going back and forth now. The call out to "Iron" specifically makes me think Iron Banner, but if you dig through the lore you can read about the Iron Lords who defended the Last City...which would be a pretty sweet storyline.

Now I'm kind of hoping it's a full-sized DLC about the Iron Lords protecting the last city. Would make for a more interesting setting if it's taking place DURING a battle instead of after one. I'm only expecting one playable area in this expansion (similar to the Dreadnaught last year) and it would be pretty cool if it's the last city...

The next Destiny thingy is going to be a sequel, I think, so I'll say fake.

Edit: ah, never mind, seems i didn't get the memo

Yep, sequel in 2017, expansion in 2016. They fell behind the every other year plan it seems.

That certainly looks like official art. Or at least a really well done fake.

But good lord.....is that Old Russia? Please for the love of God no. I really have been eagerly anticipating the next expansion and getting a reason to dive back into Destiny but I'm not sure I can handle any more missions in the same areas anymore

RdN

Looks interesting.

I think the wall is a concept very poorly utilized in Destiny, even though it's of huge importance in it's lore.

That certainly looks like official art.

But good lord.....is that Old Russia? Please for the love of God no. I really have been eagerly anticipating the next expansion and getting a reason to dive back into Destiny but I'm not sure I can handle any more missions in the same areas anymore

Seriously. If it's in this next expansion I'll be disappointed, but man I never want to set foot in Old Russia again after Destiny 2 launches next year...

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
wow look pretty dope, sadly not really invested in the franchise anymore. We will see.

tebunker

Banned
That certainly looks like official art. Or at least a really well done fake.

It could easily be the Eurozone.

It is definitely a Wall, maybe not THE Wall.

I am hoping they are finally using the european taiga type forest settings they showed in early previews. Love the Iron Banner gear, and maybe it is about the Iron Lords or a new call for new Lords.

eitherway, if its ~$30 and has TTK levels of content, I'll play it.

It could easily be the Eurozone.

It is definitely a Wall, maybe not THE Wall.

I am hoping they are finally using the european taiga type forest settings they showed in early previews. Love the Iron Banner gear, and maybe it is about the Iron Lords or a new call for new Lords.

eitherway, if its ~$30 and has TTK levels of content, I'll play it.

I'd be totally cool with doing some Eurozone stuff in new ares. I just don't want to ever step foot in Old Russia again.

But yeah a story focused on the Iron Banner in a new taiga forest setting would be pretty sweet and I'd buy

Top Bottom