• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Ellie from “The last of us: Part ii” on steroids??

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
"DA ES JAY DLB-EW AGENDA!" is literally the right's version of "wronthink", and you're constantly accusing game devs of doing it whenever you get triggered by their choice to have gay/trans/black/female who aren't smokin' hot models characters in their games.

I'd ask that you be a little self aware but I already know that's impossible. Though these last few days have been amusing to say the least. So many conservatives triggered over a gay character and the evil 'SJW conspiracy' lol.

Geki-D, enough with the disingenous BS. You know full well that many of the people here are left leaning folks who are also sick and tired of the SJW/far-left ideological BS that seems to be interjected at every step.

Silent Duck

I Think it would be funny if Naughty Dog gave us an Ellie with this physique.

EbD5txt.jpg

It would be the new “Donut Drake”.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I deem this the unofficial SJW study thread, for the advancements of sciences related to the SJWs.

"DA ES JAY DLB-EW AGENDA!" is literally the right's version of "wronthink", and you're constantly accusing game devs of doing it whenever you get triggered by their choice to have gay/trans/black/female who aren't smokin' hot models characters in their games.

I'd ask that you be a little self aware but I already know that's impossible. Though these last few days have been amusing to say the least. So many conservatives triggered over a gay character and the evil 'SJW conspiracy' lol.

Day One of study; Project Lead Arcadia:

Test subject is showing heightened signs of aggression. For its own protection — and ours — we’ve put it in a secure observation room, behind double-sided, bulletproof glass. We’ve all played RE2, so we’re preparing for that possibility too.

It continues to pace back and forth, ranting with projections, falsehoods, and strawmen. All attempts to bring the subject back to rationality, or at least calm it, have failed. The next step, although this is controversial, may be some kind medically guided recovery course.

Hopefully the work we do here, can save millions from a similar fate.

But does she also have more in common with stright strong men than lesbian strong women?
Lesbian strong women are already imitating straight men by having a short hair and wearing men's clothes to attract feminine lesbian women, so yeah, i think she has more in common with muscular straight men.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Anyone seriously want to bet that the same guys will be here, using the same tactics, over the same nonsense subject, for the fourth day running tomorrow?

Keihart

Did you just assume my gender?

You really are getting furious over this, aren’t you? The all-caps makes you sound like your arch-nemesis Trump. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I mean, I’m not doing that, and there’s visual evidence, which you’ll ignore to quote things out of context, and blah blah, I don’t really care anymore. : P

You should walk away from your fucked up worldview. Do better, but not ironically, this time. The only reason winding you up is this fun, is because you can’t let go. You can’t just ignore anything you disagree with, and move on like a normal person. It’s been two days, and you’re still in here, taking this seriously, now frothing at the mouth? It’s the same story with every SJW or leftist I’ve ever met.

Personally, I think Ellie, as a digital creation existing solely within Naughty Dog animation and programming files will be OK, if I, and many others, think she looks like a man. :messenger_ok:

If you were willing to engage honestly, totally, I’d be there with you. I know the next thing you’re going to do is lie your ass off, put everything out of context, and that’s what you people do. I’m okay with it. I’m just not going to engage with it, other than poking the bear for a hilarious laugh, y’know?

I made my serious points in here, and you’re free to actually take the effort to read them.

Now, after your kind invaded the thread and started defecating everywhere? Maybe in 2014, I’d be stupid enough to think a productive conversation with people who are clearly entering the topic in bad faith, would actually generate any sort of compromise or reason. Years later? I know better. Like the crazy guy on the corner with the doomsday sign, it’s best to ignore you, or just needle you a bit for fun.

Don’t bother responding. You won’t get a bite. Probably just more shitposting, because... that’s all you’re worth. Sorry, bud. It shouldn’t be that way, but that’s what your behavior and mindset create.
iu

wow

Rhysser

Banned
Geki-D, enough with the disingenous BS. You know full well that many of the people here are left leaning folks who are also sick and tired of the SJW/far-left ideological BS that seems to be interjected at every step.

LOL the anti-SJW crowd's obsession is unreal. Whether it's Cyberpunk's camera choices or Ellie's back, SJWs out to get ya!

Shagger

Banned

I know, it's pathetic. It's like an impossibility for a video game protagonist to be anything other than a either a straight white male or bigger tits Lara Croft without it being some sort of SJW conspiracy.

Yes, this SJW idiots get to much attention and have the ear of video game publishers and other powerful parties in entertainment media. SJW's try to paint us gamers as homophoic, misogynistic, sexist, racist, immature moles who will fight back against anything infecting our happy straight white little lives. Well, it's clear on this thread and other area's of the forum they don't have to because some of us are doing a perfectly good job of painting that picture without their help.

Using TLOU as an example, I don't know if Neil Druckmann or any of the other important parties at Naughty Dog listened to the so called SJW agenda when developing Ellie as a character or not (although I don't think so. It's just like ND to let outside influences regardless of what their are affect thier vision for a game), but by saying "They made Ellie gay to pander to SJW's" or "they made her the main protagonist to pander to SJW's" or "they made her buff to pander to SJW's" they are literally giving SJW's the credit! They are literally giving them the power! It's not Naughty Dog giving them the power, not Sony, it's not the SJW's putting any effort in to getting it themselves, it's these fools just handing it to them on silver platter. Then when people like us try talk some sence into them, we become the enemy to be dismissed as triggered.

I'm not saying that anyone should alter how they think and feel about any social or political issue to paint a better picture of gamers, just use a little common sense to not paint us as worse than what we are. We're not one extreme nor the other, we're just normal folk who enjoy the hobby of gaming.

Last edited:
As someone pumped for TLOU 2 it's hard to deny it's an SJW agenda informing things like how Ellie looks (going from cuter Ellen Page as a child to looking like Norman Reedus' Walking Dead character had a sex change... and cute is innocent you fuckers, don't give me crap) especially since people behind the game have admitted to their agenda in interviews.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
As someone pumped for TLOU 2 it's hard to deny it's an SJW agenda informing things like how Ellie looks (going from cuter Ellen Page as a child to looking like Norman Reedus' Walking Dead character had a sex change... and cute is innocent you fuckers, don't give me crap) especially since people behind the game have admitted to their agenda in interviews.

I think TLOU2 looks damn good, and I might just have to get it, so same boat, but yeah, this nonsense seems undeniable.

Jon Neu

Banned

giphy.gif

Rhysser

Banned

Right? And honestly, Ellie has never said "Teehee!" while sticking her butt outwards once in any of the promo cutscenes. Dang SJW influence.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Edit: Added my 10+ years of grueling workout progress in comparison to Ellie's. I wish i had Ellie's freaky genetics. I clearly should add swinging baseball bats and mashing clickers to my workout regiment.

Wt7pHCK.jpg

I love this thread. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also curious how Gaf’s SJWs are going to react to their lead racist, sexist, nazi, GooberGater in this topic, being a black man (I think). Hahaha.

This is actually a great comparison.

Shagger

Banned
I Think it would be funny if Naughty Dog gave us an Ellie with this physique.

EbD5txt.jpg

It would be the new “Donut Drake”.

Yeah, but the game would also be very short, very boring, enimies would have to oversell your attacks, you would have two moves to use, Joel would turn into a fat, short, annoying mouth piece and the game would refuse to show itself on your TV.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing it's as different as two characters can look but because the first wanted to endear you to her, heck the whole plot kinda requires it, she's a cute kid. In the new game you play as her and she looks dykey, you can say that's a natural age progression but it's also a conscious choice they made. Was that choice because she's a different person internally and the external represents it? Arguable, but as the video I linked shows they've gone on record that they wanted a de-sexualized female heroine, it was a purposeful choice.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
ND are highly talented, but something they can't be accused of is being original. Their actual Ellie design was a straight lift of Ellen Page, Uncharted is Tomb Raider, and have no doubt that design for angry Ellie is pulled from something like The Outsiders or Keith Stone.

Your picture has incorrect aspect ratio, so her face looks stretched. Other than that they look very similar.
ellie-from-the-last-of-us-part-ii.png

I'm not trying to be unfair with my argument, it's not like they ignored everything about how she looked before though the eyes are more rounded because that's more sympathetic and they want to evoke less of that now. The thing is I actually picked a more flattering shot of her, look at how they're advertising it on the box art...

6jy4ta9.jpg

Rhysser

Banned
I'm not trying to be unfair with my argument, it's not like they ignored everything about how she looked before though the eyes are more rounded because that's more sympathetic and they want to evoke less of that now. The thing is I actually picked a more flattering shot of her, look at how they're advertising it on the box art...

6jy4ta9.jpg

Your initial shot definitely made her look manlier bc of the aspect ratio. In this shot to me she looks the same as TLoU1, except older (lacking the babyface features) and angry.

mortal

Gold Member
Yes her 19 year old character model doesn't look exactly like a 14 year old character model. You do realize kids tend to age at a faster rate yes? Many of them grow out of having facial features and proportions closer to that of a child. As R Rhysser has already pointed out, your image also has the wrong aspect ratio and is squished vertically.

Also, this is a little less obvious, but the character models in games like TLOU and the Uncharted titles on PS3 weren't exactly photorealistic and were slightly stylized ( I believe to avoid an uncanny valley effect). All of the the familiar characters look more naturalistic in part II, including Tommy & Joel.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Your picture has incorrect aspect ratio, so her face looks stretched. Other than that they look very similar.
ellie-from-the-last-of-us-part-ii.png

Yep, definitely more Ashley Johnson (her voice actress) added.

I especially see it when in motion. Gives me almost an uncanny valley effect.

Your initial shot definitely made her look manlier bc of the aspect ratio. In this shot to me she looks the same as TLoU1, except older (lacking the babyface features) and angry.

Yeah, I'm not really arguing there's an unnatural progression though, I'm arguing that progression was lead in one way instead of another way when it easily could have been either and the rationale behind it was explicitly stated before, they didn't want a sexualised female heroine and I hope all attractive women are happy that simply by being attractive they're a negative stereotype game devs are trying to avoid.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Yeah, I'm not really arguing there's an unnatural progression though, I'm arguing that progression was lead in one way instead of another way when it easily could have been either and the rationale behind it was explicitly stated before, they didn't want a sexualised female heroine and I hope all attractive women are happy that simply by being attractive they're a negative stereotype game devs are trying to avoid.

Given everything about this game, from a manlier back than one of our fitter male members, to purposely uglying up Ellie’s girlfriend from the original concept, to ND’s overall direction, this is likely correct.

In a vacuum, which is how disingenuous people will take it, it’s a harder example to prove, though. The others are definitely the smoking, wtf, gun.

Rhysser

Banned

So you are arguing that any time heroines are unattractive to you in games it's because of the SJW boogieman? Got it.

purposely uglying up Ellie’s girlfriend

No beautiful heroine in a video game is safe from the SJW boogieman!

The gaming world does need its own insane conspiracy, so it's good to see this starting to approach anti-vaxxer levels.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Are you arguing that anytime someone disagrees with you, they’re automatically a hardcore right-winger with paranoid conspiracy delusions?

The sheer projection, in specific regards to the latter, never ceases to astound me.

So you are arguing that any time heroines are unattractive to you in games it's because of the SJW boogieman? Got it.

No, I'm not, I'm using the context of people at Naughty Dog explicitly stating they took influence from the likes of Anita Sarkeesian to make sure their heroine wasn't sexualized.

Rhysser

Banned
Are you arguing that anytime someone disagrees with you, they’re automatically a hardcore right-winger with paranoid conspiracy delusions?

No, just in those cases when the lack of a third person camera or 0.5 inches in shoulder width are used as "proof". Also not sure about the 'right wing' piece in this case. Just the anti-SJW piece.

Last edited:
No, just in those cases when the lack of a third person camera or 0.5 inches in shoulder width are used as "proof". Also not sure about the 'right wing' piece in this case. Just the anti-SJW piece.

But you used it on me and I did neither... so...

I mean, I'm buying the game, I loved TLOU and I'll probably love TLOU 2, I'm just extending an olive branch to people complaining because in this case there's actual proof Naughty Dog have this agenda, please watch the Youtube video I linked if you don't believe me. In a vacuum all your points against me/them are fine, but it's not a vacuum, we know exactly why they did what they did.

Top Bottom