• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Gearbox holding the Duke Nukem I.P. hostage?

Zubz

Banned
As much as I love Duke Nukem, a new one would be screwed unless they make it an action movie parody. And I mean an actual action movie parody, not just quoting them/stumbling across a character's corpse and then quoting them. I know I'm stealing from Jim Sterling here, but they need to go full McBain.

If they do that, I'll die a happy man.

Atomski

Yep and Activision is holding Crash hostage and Nintendo is holding F-Zero hostage.

Let's go save the orphan IPs man!

EraErr0r1

I feel with the over the top political correctness that society finds itself in today, the Duke Nukem character is more relevant than ever. As long as he's presented as the machonistic arrogant 80's man of DN3D rather than the childish potty humoured baffoon of Forever.

The old gameplay elements and level design could easily be integrated into the modern era with the right team too. Plenty of potential to attract a completely new market of gamers who surely must be looking for an alternative to COD/Battlefield after a nearly decade long tirade.

Top Bottom