• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Homefront: The Revolution still in development?

Lakitu

st5fu
I know there was a lot of issues at Crytek last year and I've seen some rumours that the development of this is very troubled which is worrying since the E3 demo looked pretty damn good IMO. It looks like something I could be interested in.

The E3 2014 demo.

I've checked on the web but nothing seems to indicate that it's currently in development. Anyone on here know anything?

Cryteks been having a load of issues, no? And didn't they give up the Homefront license?

It's a mystery at this point..

It is now with Dambuster Studios (aka former Drytek UK Nottingham) with Deep Silver doing the publishing and funding.

The game is still in development.

Com_Raven

We sold the IP to Deep Silver last summer, and the game is in development with Deep Silver Dambuster (previously Crytek UK and Free Radical).

We sold the IP to Deep Silver last summer, and the game is in development with Deep Silver Dambuster (previously Crytek UK and Free Radical).

Have they started the development from scratch or was everything made so far handed over when the IP was sold?

The first Homefront was frustrating but had its moments. This one, I'll give a shot as well.

What I saw at E3 was pretty intriguing.

Pudge

I hope so since it's being made by the remnants of the studio that was once Free Radical and I still have a soft spot for those guys.

I wonder if it's going to look/play any differently now that it's not at Crytek. Didn't it look and feel exactly like a Crysis game last time it was shown?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The studio was sold to Deep Silver. We still own the Timesplitters IP.

Isn't there still that fanmade Timesplitters game being made with the blessing of Crytek ? It might even be some ex Free Radical staff involved with it, or is that a mistake on my part ?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I like the background of the game, and seriously hope we get a more ambitious version of the E3 gameplay. It was nice, but could be improved.

Hopefully someone will take over this game's development in case Crytek drop it. It looks pretty cool and has some potentials to be a promising shooter game.

That footage looks really nice. Here's hoping console versions can keep up :D

Rocketz

Well if anything it's still listed on the Xbox One store under "Games Coming Soon" and you can pin it. Though it still says Crytek is the dev.

Well if anything it's still listed on the Xbox One store under "Games Coming Soon" and you can pin it. Though it still says Crytek is the dev.

They don't update that frequently, I would think (hope) its still a 2015 a game just later in the year so they'll probably update it when new information is out for it and a date is planned.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I do find that the original devs are not going to make any new Timesplitters. I doubt it's gonna happen any time soon.

Rocketz

They don't update that frequently, I would think (hope) its still a 2015 a game just later in the year so they'll probably update it when new information is out for it and a date is planned.

Ohhh I know. This, Witcher 3, And MKX have been listed for a long time. Hell it still lists MKX as "coming soon" even though we have a release date.

Professor Pew

Neo Member
Homefront: The Revolution is still in development, now under our wing at Dambuster Studios (formerly Crytek UK).

Sometimes we get questions from fans if it's going to be another Prey 2 or Duke Nukem Forever. But rest assured that the team at Dambuster is still working hard on the game and it's not going to be vaporware :)

Homefront: The Revolution is still in development, now under our wing at Dambuster Studios (formerly Crytek UK).

Sometimes we get questions from fans if it's going to be another Prey 2 or Duke Nukem Forever. But rest assured that the team at Dambuster is still working hard on the game and it's not going to be vaporware :)

Thanks for the update!

Is it still planned for this year?

Well it kinda could be a duke nukem..

Well, I wait patintely for news on the game and its gameplay systems. :D
I saw boxes for this in my local Game yesterday. I wonder if Deep Silver are expecting to be able to release relatively soon.

That is odd.

Hey, they've finally updated their website:

http://www.homefront-game.com/

Up until a few months ago, it still said "Crytek", etc. yada, yada.

Now we have Dambusters logo there.
grace.png

KKRT00

Why did Crytek buy the IP from THQ in the first place?

Because they were working on a Homefront sequel for THQ in the first place and when THQ went bankrupt they thought that it would a waste to throw away many months of Crytek's UK work, so they just bought and remade vision for the game.
Then Crytek had some financial problems, so they sold it to Deep Silver, so it could be released some day.

Top Bottom