• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Homefront: The Revolution still in development?

It would be nice if they did something with it, but probably never.

What are they gona do with it? Make a boring campaign that is fancy on the technical side but ugly on the art side and that has a cod clone multiplayer mode with awful netcode?
Idk why you'd want crytek to touch timesplitters if you were a fan of the series.

B E N K E

The big question is how much talent Crytek UK/Dambuster lost during those months of late/no wages. I would expect Dambuster to be made up of largely junior talent these days. I could be wrong, but it's not like veteran developers don't have options if they're left unpaid.

Dachande

I know someone going to work on it at Dambuster in a few weeks time, so yes.

The big question is how much talent Crytek UK/Dambuster lost during those months of late/no wages. I would expect Dambuster to be made up of largely junior talent these days. I could be wrong, but it's not like veteran developers don't have options if they're left unpaid.

Nah, while quite a few people left, quite a few also stayed. Another friend of mine who was one of the ones that jumped ship said to me the other day that the many of core team still remaining at Dambuster are "some of the best people [he's] ever worked with".

No idea. Because then they made it a completely different game. It was originally a mainly MP Series. Since it was the Spiritual Successor to Frontlines which was a Spiritual Successor of a Battlefield Mod.

They were already making the game for THQ game when THQ went down, it was a mean to salvage the project I imagine.

"Features

Explore a living, breathing open world - experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals

Wage Guerrilla Warfare - this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights

Build the Resistance - recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit

Ignite the Revolution - from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation

Online Co-OP - take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution"

Highlighted parts are my most anticipated features. I preordered this they day I got back from E3. Hope it has a showing at E3 2015 too.

I know someone going to work on it at Dambuster in a few weeks time, so yes.

Nah, while quite a few people left, quite a few also stayed. Another friend of mine who was one of the ones that jumped ship said to me the other day that the many of core team still remaining at Dambuster are "some of the best people [he's] ever worked with".

This is good news. I'm really looking forward to this game.

FaintDeftone

I hope the game still sees the light of day. The original was mediocre but it had potential for future installments. I would like to see where this title goes.

Com_Raven

Homefront: The Revolution is still in development, now under our wing at Dambuster Studios (formerly Crytek UK).

Sometimes we get questions from fans if it's going to be another Prey 2 or Duke Nukem Forever. But rest assured that the team at Dambuster is still working hard on the game and it's not going to be vaporware :)

I might be slightly biased, but I can't wait for it- I am sure it will rock :)

Fury451

Banned
It's a single player open world shooter with drop in/drop out coop. Less Cod more Far Cry 3/4. It looks fun.

I am open to this. Was intrigued by Homefront's story, but I wasn't about to drop $ on a short campaign. By the time it dropped, I heard the multi was drying up too, though it was supposed to be fun.

If be willing to play a Far Cry style shooter set in the US though. Nice change up.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the gameplay, somehow I never watched it during E3, and it was pretty awesome. Love how they integrated the Crysis weapon modifications and improved it even more.

I suppose it's still using CryEngine, right? It would be a pretty big change if they had to change the engine so far ahead.

I watched the gameplay, somehow I never watched it during E3, and it was pretty awesome. Love how they integrated the Crysis weapon modifications and improved it even more.

I suppose it's still using CryEngine, right? It would be a pretty big change if they had to change the engine so far ahead.

Still Cryengine.

Mr. Tibbs

52nLlYp.png

Good to hear.

I know I'm bumping this up, but I don't wanna make a new thread on something that's similar to this topic. But I'm surprised this wasn't talked at all, or shown off during E3. I'm really interested in what this game might end up being. Anybody else curious about this game?

Myggen

Wouldn't be surprised if the project was rebooted when deep silver took over.

I thought much of the point of taking over that project was that you got a half-finished project. It's not that the Homefront name is that valuable. But who knows.

On about crytek and time splitters, whats the crack with that facebook remaster? It looks great but is it official? I read there hoping to bring it too ps4 as well..

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
On about crytek and time splitters, whats the crack with that facebook remaster? It looks great but is it official? I read there hoping to bring it too ps4 as well..

TimeSplitters Rewind is in a development by a an indie studio NOT contracted by Crytek BUT they have Crytek's permission to publish TimeSplitters Rewind on PC/PS4.

The goals for the game are as follow:

-Release TimeSplitters Rewind whenever possible......(They are not working on the game full time and it's pretty much a side project they work on their free time last time I checked)

-TimeSplitters Rewind will only be a Multiplayer Game Only on Release with Classics Maps,Modes,Weapons,and Characters.

-More Multiplayer Content will be made and released after they launch TimeSplitters Rewind

-The Long term goal is to Remaster the Story Mode from all 3 games.

Walpurgis

Banned
I remember this game. It sounded like Crytek was going back to their roots with Crysis 1's sandbox gameplay. I look forward to hearing more about it.

TimeSplitters Rewind is in a development by a an indie studio NOT contracted by Crytek BUT they have Crytek's permission to publish TimeSplitters Rewind on PC/PS4.

-Release TimeSplitters Rewind whenever possible......(They are not working on the game full time and it's pretty much a side project they work on their free time last time I checked)

-TimeSplitters Rewind will only be a Multiplayer Game Only on Release with Classics Maps,Modes,Weapons,and Characters.

-More Multiplayer Content will be made and released after they launch TimeSplitters Rewind

Hopefully we get this soon.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I barely hear news about this project anymore. Iirc they were planning to release a playable alpha two years ago but it seems they haven't done any real work outside of remaking some maps, weapons and characters. It's very ambitious for a fanmade project and I don't know how it will turn out.

Devolver Digital was interested in acquiring the Timesplitters IP, but apparently Crytek didn't want to part with it

Fury451

Banned
Devolver Digital was interested in acquiring the Timesplitters IP, but apparently Crytek didn't want to part with it

Good to know that they won't part with an IP they've done nothing with and probably won't do anything with.

Devolver but honestly be the perfect ones to pick it up and do something with it. I miss TS.

As for Homefront, my guess is that they're going to do a soft sequel at best, and probably try to do as much as they can to essentially reboot it to distance itself from the flop that the first one was in terms of story and gameplay.

Top Bottom