• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Hunt: Horrors of The Gilded Age vapor ware at this point?

Ashtar

I know that crytek was having serious financial problems and there was a lot of internal strife
http://kotaku.com/sources-crytek-usas-leadership-quit-last-week-1613456108
In May, Crytek boss Cevat Yerli visited the Austin, Texas-based Crytek USA to inform them that they were planning to put together a bank deal by June 20, according to a person who was at the studio then. Though staff at Crytek USA had not been paid on time for several weeks, Yerli assured them that the company would be receiving funds through the bank deal, and that people would be paid soon.
But the game looked pretty good and I feel like a dude who worked there used to post here but it seems to be completely gone now, but the website is still up
http://www.huntthegame.com/
And it's still listed on Cryteks website as well.
Last article I can find is
http://gamingbolt.com/hunt-horrors-of-the-gilded-age-development-said-to-be-going-well
We did know that development of the game was actually moved from Crytek USA to Crytek Frankfurt and now the CryEngine’s Brand Manager Marcel Hatam has taken to Twitter to announce this game’s development is “going well.” That was also the extent of the information Hatam was willing to actually let slip even when he was pressed on any other details about when people could see a demo or even a plan on a release schedule.
So any insides sources to say if it's all a pipe dream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxdDovzO1g
Video for those that forgot it existed

DocSeuss

No. It's in active development. I talked to a Crytek employee about it at GDC. I think the monetization might have changed and it's not going to be F2P, but I could be inferring too much.

Ashtar

No. It's in active development. I talked to a Crytek employee about it at GDC. I think the monetization might have changed and it's not going to be F2P, but I could be inferring too much.

oh really that's great I thought it was Fable Legends status

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Was Hunt always meant to be Free To Play? I remember watching the gameplay video of it two years ago at E3 2014 and it seemed like a full retail game.

Game looked good and I loved the premise of it. Only negative is the four player co-op aspect. Really wish developers stop with the co-op and multi-player garbage in games that are better as solo games.

DocSeuss

Was Hunt always meant to be Free To Play? I remember watching the gameplay video of it two years ago at E3 2014 and it seemed like a full retail game.

Game looked good and I loved the premise of it. Only negative is the four player co-op aspect. Really wish developers stop with the co-op and multi-player garbage in games that are better as solo games.

yo, co-op is awesome, what are you on about? When has co-op ever hurt a game?

(except BLOPS 3, but that had way more problems than co-op)

Gaz_RB

What a weird comment. What makes you think this game would be better solo?

It was always meant to be a F2P coop game. From the get go.

Aselith

If it's meant to be an actual horror game, they tend to work better as solo experience. But maybe it was just using horror trappings and not really meant to be unsettling.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
yo, co-op is awesome, what are you on about? When has co-op ever hurt a game?

(except BLOPS 3, but that had way more problems than co-op)

Sorry but im a single player gamer and absolutely hate that gaming nowadays has to include some type of co-op and/or multi-player. And like the other guy said, RE 5 sucked because of the forced second character and co-op play. UGH.

Because it's a horror type game. And these games are generally better suited to be a single player experience.

And seriously? I watched their walk through two years ago a few times and while I know they were saying that it could be played solo, it was meant to be played as a co-op but I never heard that it was supposed to be a free to play game. Oh well.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Great news because i thought the game was dead for the silence around the game.From the videos of gameplays in e3 2014 the game looks awesome like a left 4 dead but with different enemies/ambience.

I want to play that game.

Ashtar

Sorry but im a single player gamer and absolutely hate that gaming nowadays has to include some type of co-op and/or multi-player. And like the other guy said, RE 5 sucked because of the forced second character and co-op play. UGH.

Because it's a horror type game. And these games are generally better suited to be a single player experience.

And seriously? I watched their walk through two years ago a few times and while I know they were saying that it could be played solo, it was meant to be played as a co-op but I never heard that it was supposed to be a free to play game. Oh well.
I'd say it's a lot more action horror than horror horror though I've never played it.
Although Co-op can detract from horror I still found RE:R2 quite scary and enjoyable playing through with my wife.
RE5 was pretty decent though not scary but I'm not a big RE fan so what do I know

KKRT00

@DocSeuss
Thanks for info, good to know that it is still alive.
The market for such games is so untapped that i really have high hopes for this game. Just look how great Warhammer End Times Vermintide is :)
They just need to nail the loot!

Left 4 Dead is also a horror type game You know...

I was just wondering about this game. I wonder if it's still in development - the website advertises a beta; does anyone know if it's active yet, or know anything about it?

I still think Crytek have missed a trick by not getting the Crysis series on current-gen.

Even if they manage to cobble something for release eventually, it is not worth looking forward to. If nobody bothers to release new info and correct the old one for two years, it is a good indication on the actual company's stance on the game.

Arena of Fate is a good example of Crytek not understanding the current market. That game has actual people working on it and they are kidding themselves if they don't think that the upper management in Crytek has a shutdown date on that project.

trugc

I was just wondering about this game. I wonder if it's still in development - the website advertises a beta; does anyone know if it's active yet, or know anything about it?

I still think Crytek have missed a trick by not getting the Crysis series on current-gen.

Yes, it is.
http://www.crytek.com/career/offers/overview/frankfurt/art-animation/3d-artist-hunt
The Cryengine repo on github is also getting bugfixes frequently from the game branch.
https://github.com/CRYTEK-CRYENGINE/CRYENGINE/compare/2a226dfcfc...49c8f4129f

Top Bottom