• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it easier for a woman to have sex than a man?

SKM1

I suppose it depends on how hot you are? Anyways, the question seems loaded. For women sex is not something that you have to actively work for. On the other hand, they may not want to have sex with those who would be easily available to them. It's an interesting dynamic but it's very frequently used by incels to justify their misery.

Weiji

Banned
I was at a bar once chatting up this very attractive young lady who seemed interested.

After we had talked for a while (and had a few drinks) she invited me back to the table her and her friends were sitting at. Their group were two attractive girls and a very fat young lady who had just turned 21.

I’m pretty sure they were trying to get their fat friend laid, which in a way was kinda insulting, but then again I have to respect the hustle.

There was no way that was going to work on me even though I was pretty drunk at that point.

I guess what I’m saying is that skinny chicks have it easy, but I think fat chicks are basically in the same boat as < top 10% males.

I wonder if she ever got her rocks off?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose it depends on how hot you are? Anyways, the question seems loaded. For women sex is not something that you have to actively work for. On the other hand, they may not want to have sex with those who would be easily available to them. It's an interesting dynamic but it's very frequently used by incels to justify their misery.

Yep. I’ve asked my wife and many female friends this question and that’s what it really boils down to.

On the one hand, it’s somewhat easier given the societal expectation for men to make the first move. So it takes less effort and is a benefit for shy women vs. shy men. On the other thst means lots of unwanted attention and it’s still the case that less attractive, overweight, etc women struggle just like similarly unattractive men.

I’d say my wife and I are both say 7s or so. Above average looking, in decent shape and so on but not really “hot.” She gets hit on way more than I do, but it’s mostly way older men, overweight dudes, sketchy dudes at the gas station or pulling up in their cars when she’s on walks etc that she wouldn’t be interested in even if she were single.

highrider

Banned
How is that even a question lol. Of course it’s easier for women, there’s never a shortage of thirsty dudes. Now if you’re a wealthy/powerful/famous/Adonis guy then it evens out but that’s a very small percentage of men. Although probably slightly leaning in the opposite direction these days because a lot of men are kind of checking out of relationships, but still the majority of them wouldn’t turn down opportunities for sex.

Edit: now women may not be attracted to the men hitting on them, but that’s not really relevant because we’re talking about who has an easier time. An average or unattractive man isn’t presented with potential partners to pick and choose from, he’s gotta have game or some other hook.

Last edited:

Azzurri

Of course it is. A lot of guys with fuck anything, so right there it's easier for women. And if you're an attractive women, you probably have dudes texting you non stop. I know this because I have some friends who are good looking women and the amount of texts they get from dudes is astonishing.

lifa-cobex

I was at a bar once chatting up this very attractive young lady who seemed interested.

After we had talked for a while (and had a few drinks) she invited me back to the table her and her friends were sitting at. Their group were two attractive girls and a very fat young lady who had just turned 21.

I’m pretty sure they were trying to get their fat friend laid, which in a way was kinda insulting, but then again I have to respect the hustle.

There was no way that was going to work on me even though I was pretty drunk at that point.

I guess what I’m saying is that skinny chicks have it easy, but I think fat chicks are basically in the same boat as < top 10% males.

I wonder if she ever got her rocks off?

So this girl was baiting you to fuck her fat friend?
You should have put a price down and made some money of these women.

I mean clearly they put some thought into hatching a plan for their friend.
Should have slapped a price tag on your head.

"look you've wasted a night getting me in here."
"You've wasted your plan and being made to look a fool in front of your friends"
"You're going to hurt your fat friends feelings as you can't even trick me to sleep with her"
"Pony up some cash and we can make this night a success for you and everyone involved"

:D

Grinchy

Banned
The only things halting a woman from having sex with a man is whether she's in the mood and whether she's afraid of one physically. The list of things halting a man from having sex with a woman is too long to list.

Zog

Banned
Women are the gatekeepers of sex while men chase sex so yes, it's easier for a woman to have sex.

Last edited:

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
It is in theory, but I hate when people position it as if women have things easy with sex and "oppressed" straight men have such a rough time. Er, no they don't.

Men generally don't have to treat parking garages, nighttime park walks and poorly-lit streets like gauntlets. They don't have women catcalling them, cornering them on the street or sending creepy messages. They don't have to worry about women slipping date rape drugs into their drinks; they don't usually have to worry about bosses blackmailing them into sex acts by threatening to ruin their careers. Oh, and of course they haven't been discouraged from taking higher-profile jobs or pursuing careers after becoming parents, making them more dependent on partners.

Yeah, if I had to deal with sexual harassment and threats on a frequent basis, and society generally made it harder for me to get a well-paying job once I had a child, I'd set the bar pretty high for my potential partners, too.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Women are the gatekeepers of sex while men chase sex so yes, it's easier for a woman to have sex.

Every Gatekeeper needs her Keymaster. Sometimes it may be who she least expects...
:messenger_ghost::messenger_heart::messenger_ghost:

gatekeeper-keymaster.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
It is in theory, but I hate when people position it as if women have things easy with sex and "oppressed" straight men have such a rough time. Er, no they don't.

Men generally don't have to treat parking garages, nighttime park walks and poorly-lit streets like gauntlets. They don't have women catcalling them, cornering them on the street or sending creepy messages. They don't have to worry about women slipping date rape drugs into their drinks; they don't usually have to worry about bosses blackmailing them into sex acts by threatening to ruin their careers. Oh, and of course they haven't been discouraged from taking higher-profile jobs or pursuing careers after becoming parents, making them more dependent on partners.

Yeah, if I had to deal with sexual harassment and threats on a frequent basis, and society generally made it harder for me to get a well-paying job once I had a child, I'd set the bar pretty high for my potential partners, too.
This is not some daily experience for every woman and pretending it is is so disingenuous.

And yeah, I bet men sure would hate it if women approached them for sex all the time and sent them nudes without asking. Damn, those men would feel so oppressed! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

highrider

Banned

How does society make it harder for women to get a well paying job after having children? It seems to me society is doing a lot to prop up single mothers. Not saying you’re wrong but that hasn’t been my experience and I know a lot of married and divorced people with children I’m a parent as well.

I also don’t buy the rape culture thing. I think it’s a reality that there are men that are predators and I think it’s shameful. But to act as if women are running a gauntlet of this on a daily basis only serves to demonize men and isn’t true by a long shot.

Aurelian

This is not some daily experience for every woman and pretending it is is so disingenuous.

And yeah, I bet men sure would hate it if women approached them for sex all the time and sent them nudes without asking. Damn, those men would feel so oppressed! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I didn't say it was a daily experience for every woman. Please don't ever put words in my mouth again.

However, it is a practical reality. And no, it's not pleasant. If a woman you weren't interested in cornered you on the street and wouldn't let you leave (under the threat of violence) until you gave her your phone number, how would you feel? Or she sent you nude pics, and she became abusive or a stalker if you turned her down? That happens, and it happens more frequently than you'd care to admit.

It's pretty simple: women frequently have to be on guard in a way that men don't.

Aurelian

How does society make it harder for women to get a well paying job after having children? It seems to me society is doing a lot to prop up single mothers. Not saying you’re wrong but that hasn’t been my experience and I know a lot of married and divorced people with children I’m a parent as well.

I also don’t buy the rape culture thing. I think it’s a reality that there are men that are predators and I think it’s shameful. But to act as if women are running a gauntlet of this on a daily basis only serves to demonize men and isn’t true by a long shot.

Things are improving, to be clear, but there are still lingering expectations that mothers will downplay their careers to focus on their kids.

I didn't say every woman dealt with those problems on a daily basis, but it's no secret that they deal with much, much more sexual harassment (and the persistent threat of sexual assault) than men. Ask the women in your life if they'd venture down a dark street by themselves, or with a first date... if they say "no," the odds are they're concerned about a lot more than muggers.

Much much easier, but its not half as hard for a man to get his fuck on as the internet forums will have you believe. There are a lot of ugly DTF people out there, just need to adjust your standards and accept the fact if you are ugly then you gotta work harder for those 6-10/10's.

Weiji

Banned
So this girl was baiting you to fuck her fat friend?
You should have put a price down and made some money of these women.

I mean clearly they put some thought into hatching a plan for their friend.
Should have slapped a price tag on your head.

"look you've wasted a night getting me in here."
"You've wasted your plan and being made to look a fool in front of your friends"
"You're going to hurt your fat friends feelings as you can't even trick me to sleep with her"
"Pony up some cash and we can make this night a success for you and everyone involved"

:D

Yeah they were baiting hard. I gave up on them once I found out that one of the attractive girls was married and the other had a boyfriend. Didn’t stop the married girl from grinding on my dick on the dance floor though. (While the other one tried to get the fat girl to join us, lol)

I wonder if I could have offered a foursome? Even with those two hot chicks in the mix I’m not sure it would have been worth it.

Zog

Banned
Things are improving, to be clear, but there are still lingering expectations that mothers will downplay their careers to focus on their kids.

I didn't say every woman dealt with those problems on a daily basis, but it's no secret that they deal with much, much more sexual harassment (and the persistent threat of sexual assault) than men. Ask the women in your life if they'd venture down a dark street by themselves, or with a first date... if they say "no," the odds are they're concerned about a lot more than muggers.

Pretty sure men are more likely to be victims of violence than women are.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/423245/us-violent-crime-victims-by-gender/

Nymphae

Banned
Yes, no contest. I'd like to hear someone give me a reason as to why the opposite might be true, because, I'm not seeing it.

Texas Pride

Banned

Since society has given women the majority of rights when it comes to pregnancy and by extension custody despite it taking 2 people to create a child I think IF you choose to have children they SHOULD take priority over a career. Men and Women have different experiences and some are better some are worse sure. But the poorest looking woman will get laid before the ugliest man.

highrider

Banned

There might be any number of lingering expectations but I wouldn’t posit that as any real barrier to a functioning adult.

In terms of violence, sexual assault/abuse men are far more likely to be victims of violent crime, and if you include jail which is practically institutionalization of the rape of men, and a subject of frequent internet jokes for someone facing jail time, those statistics become a lot more even. I’m an ex-convict and I can tell you that movies like Shot Caller or Felon are pretty accurate. If you are physically weak it’s open season. Most people feel that criminals deserve it, but the majority of Americans serving time are on drug charges. Violent crime is steadily on the decline for the last 10 years.

And what streetwise person walks down a dark alley period? Unless you conceal carry or are some master of self defense that’s dangerous to any gender. I live in Washington DC and there are plenty of places you just don’t go unless you’re in a group or during the day.

manfestival

I heard a saying that generally explains this dynamic pretty well

Women bang who they want
Men bang who they can

Fyi, it's obviously not that simple but it's about the point.

hecatomb

Banned
As much as people say looks don't matter, which is bullshit, we had this really ugly chick with us in Iraq, and no one wanted to sleep with her. She had money also, she was going to buy someone a car if they slept with her, and still no one would. Thats how ugly she was. Then you have very good looking people who can have sex pretty much whenever they want, thats how good looking they are.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't say it was a daily experience for every woman. Please don't ever put words in my mouth again.

However, it is a practical reality. And no, it's not pleasant. If a woman you weren't interested in cornered you on the street and wouldn't let you leave (under the threat of violence) until you gave her your phone number, how would you feel? Or she sent you nude pics, and she became abusive or a stalker if you turned her down? That happens, and it happens more frequently than you'd care to admit.

It's pretty simple: women frequently have to be on guard in a way that men don't.
It's a practical reality that anyone can be cornered on the street and forced to do something they don't want to do. It's ridiculous to pretend that this is some epidemic for all women. Acting like this is some massively common trend is what is disingenuous.

iconmaster

Banned
it’s still the case that less attractive, overweight, etc women struggle just like similarly unattractive men.

Men overlook this constantly, because we simply don’t notice unattractive women the way we notice the attractive. There are many women out there who have as much trouble dating (I’m staying away from the sex question) as men. Maybe not the majority of women, but perhaps a larger group than you think.

And you’ve probably heard “women give sex to get love.” The better question is: is it easier for women to get what they want out of a relationship? I suspect it’s not.

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
Men overlook this constantly, because we simply don’t notice unattractive women the way we notice the attractive. There are many women out there who have as much trouble dating (I’m staying away from the sex question) as men. Maybe not the majority of women, but perhaps a larger group than you think.

And you’ve probably heard “women give sex to get love.” The better question is: is it easier for women to get what they want out of a relationship? I suspect it’s not.
don't know, every time theres a push for overweight people, and how we can't offend them, its always showing a women. And every time I search for a overweight movement its always women telling people how other people how they should be accepted. I love when people just try to force everyone to believe what they want to, its not going to happen though.

Last edited:

Ke0

Now look up sexual assault type violence like he said

don't know, every time theres a push for overweight people, and how we can't offend them, its always showing a women. And every time I search for a overweight movement its always women telling people how other people how they should be accepted. I love when people just try to force everyone to believe what they want to, its not going to happen though.

Because men don't get the same degree of shame for being out of shape, hell many women find the 'dad body' sexy and attractive where as vast majority of men want their women to look like a super model. Society places WAY more pressure on women to be their utmost attractive than men. Women's worth is sadly nearly revolved around how "hot" they look.

Last edited:

Aurelian

What the hell does this have to do with a focus on sexual harassment and sexual assault? Oh, right, nothing.

A CDC study noted that 1.4 percent of men said they'd experienced rape or attempted rape in their lifetimes. Women? 18.3 percent. If you pick five women you know, there's a real chance one of them is a victim. Women were also more than twice as likely to be groped, pressured into performing sex acts or otherwise subjected to unwanted sexual attention. So yes, sexual harassment and sexual assault are much greater problems for women than men, at least in the US.

If you wonder why women tend to be cautious about sex... well, that's one reason why. You're worried if you're being a bit too forward by asking her to come to your place; she might be wondering if she'll be filing a police report by the morning.

Last edited:

Based on my own life, I beg to differ with most of this.

To begin with, the last time someone tried to mug me was just this Christmas Eve. Fortunately I cover several miles every day, so when I made a bolt for it, I managed to outrun/stamina all four of the fuckers.

I question your ratio of sexual harassment towards men and women, I have been sexually harassed in every single job by numerous colleagues and customers, but it all goes ignored because I am male and the offenders are female.

I cannot even begin to describe the sheer amount of physical sexual abuse I endured from women while I was working in the nightlife industry, but here's some occurrences off the top of my head:
Women thought it was totally ok to shove their hand down the front of my underwear while I am trying to serve, copping a skin-on-skin feel with my penis.
Countless slaps on the butt and grabbing a handful on the way past
Grabbing my ring finger and simulating a blow job on it stating "I bet she isn't as good as that"
Uncountable amount of times women would pull my clothes off while I am trying to my job
Suddenly pulling me into the female toilets as I'm walking past, pulling my hair down to their face and forcing a kiss
Numerous times - pinning me against the wall for a quick kiss and dick grab
I can go on here. Now pretend that I am a women and these were all done y men, could you imagine the fucking outrage? However, because they were all women and I am a man, it's somehow all acceptable behaviour and I'm supposed to enjoy it. If I don't, then apparently something is wrong with me. Not to forget that turning down these "advances" were nearly always topped off with physical assault (getting slapped, kicked and punched) and accused of being gay.

So basically, I think the commonly portrayed view that men are monsters and women are angels is full of shit.

On topic -yes I believe it is much easier for women to get laid. Source; 9 years experience working in the nightlife industry.

Zog

Banned
What the hell does this have to do with a focus on sexual harassment and sexual assault? Oh, right, nothing.

A CDC study noted that 1.4 percent of men said they'd experienced rape or attempted rape in their lifetimes. Women? 18.3 percent. If you pick five women you know, there's a real chance one of them is a victim. Women were also more than twice as likely to be groped, pressured into performing sex acts or otherwise subjected to unwanted sexual attention. So yes, sexual harassment and sexual assault are much greater problems for women than men, at least in the US.

If you wonder why women tend to be cautious about sex... well, that's one reason why. You're worried if you're being a bit too forward by asking her to come to your place; she might be wondering if she'll be filing a police report by the morning.

You say this
Men generally don't have to treat parking garages, nighttime park walks and poorly-lit streets like gauntlets.

and then limit you the type of assault to sexual assault.

I didn't say every woman dealt with those problems on a daily basis, but it's no secret that they deal with much, much more sexual harassment (and the persistent threat of sexual assault) than men.

Women only have more to fear from poorly lit areas if you pretend that all other types of assault don't exist. Why don't you care about other types of assault?

Last edited:

Aurelian

You say this

and then limit you the type of assault to sexual assault.

Women only have more to fear from poorly lit areas if you pretend that all other types of assault doesn't exist. Why don't you care about other types of assault?

Because it's particularly relevant to the topic at hand? I do care about other kinds of assault, but the fact is that women have to worry much more about sexual assault and harassment than men do. In general, you only have to worry about where you're going because of the threat of robbery, and more often than not it's only if you're going by yourself. You've probably never wondered if your date was taking you through the park at night to rape you, or if a catcaller was going to attack you for turning them down. There's a whole other level of danger women are more likely to face.

Aurelian

Based on my own life, I beg to differ with most of this.

To begin with, the last time someone tried to mug me was just this Christmas Eve. Fortunately I cover several miles every day, so when I made a bolt for it, I managed to outrun/stamina all four of the fuckers.

I question your ratio of sexual harassment towards men and women, I have been sexually harassed in every single job by numerous colleagues and customers, but it all goes ignored because I am male and the offenders are female.

I cannot even begin to describe the sheer amount of physical sexual abuse I endured from women while I was working in the nightlife industry, but here's some occurrences off the top of my head:
Women thought it was totally ok to shove their hand down the front of my underwear while I am trying to serve, copping a skin-on-skin feel with my penis.
Countless slaps on the butt and grabbing a handful on the way past
Grabbing my ring finger and simulating a blow job on it stating "I bet she isn't as good as that"
Uncountable amount of times women would pull my clothes off while I am trying to my job
Suddenly pulling me into the female toilets as I'm walking past, pulling my hair down to their face and forcing a kiss
Numerous times - pinning me against the wall for a quick kiss and dick grab
I can go on here. Now pretend that I am a women and these were all done y men, could you imagine the fucking outrage? However, because they were all women and I am a man, it's somehow all acceptable behaviour and I'm supposed to enjoy it. If I don't, then apparently something is wrong with me. Not to forget that turning down these "advances" were nearly always topped off with physical assault (getting slapped, kicked and punched) and accused of being gay.

So basically, I think the commonly portrayed view that men are monsters and women are angels is full of shit.

On topic -yes I believe it is much easier for women to get laid. Source; 9 years experience working in the nightlife industry.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been the victim of that, and I'm not saying that women are angels. They're absolutely not, and it's not acceptable behavior on either side.

However, you are one (1, un, uno, una, ein) person. As I pointed out in a subsequent post, there's hard data showing that women are much more likely to encounter sexual assault and harassment than men. This doesn't delegitimize the horribleness of what happened to you -- it's just important to remember that your experience doesn't represent the whole of society.

Zog

Banned
Because it's particularly relevant to the topic at hand? I do care about other kinds of assault, but the fact is that women have to worry much more about sexual assault and harassment than men do. In general, you only have to worry about where you're going because of the threat of robbery, and more often than not it's only if you're going by yourself. You've probably never wondered if your date was taking you through the park at night to rape you, or if a catcaller was going to attack you for turning them down. There's a whole other level of danger women are more likely to face.

You said that
Men generally don't have to treat parking garages, nighttime park walks and poorly-lit streets like gauntlets.

but then you limited the type of violence to ONLY the sexual type. You cherry picked violence to exclude men which is pretty common and the reason violence against men is largely ignored.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Now look up sexual assault type violence like he said

Because men don't get the same degree of shame for being out of shape, hell many women find the 'dad body' sexy and attractive where as vast majority of men want their women to look like a super model. Society places WAY more pressure on women to be their utmost attractive than men. Women's worth is sadly nearly revolved around how "hot" they look.

Great job explaining what, now explain why.

Top Bottom