• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they’re back in prison while playing Rocket League?

Gloomnivore

I stopped playing it out of shame. No game gives you a worse feeling for making a mistake.

Not sure if that works as a prison metaphor though. Unless the mistake in question is dropping the soap, s’pose.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I stopped playing it out of shame. No game gives you a worse feeling for making a mistake.

Not sure if that works as a prison metaphor though. Unless the mistake in question is dropping the soap, s’pose.
Feels like my back’s against the wall every game. There’s no way out of that cage either...

Dibils2k

i love it tbh, one of the few console online games left where there is interaction with people... inevitably yes it is 95% toxic 😆 and its pretty much always teammates but it adds character to the game

I haven't played in a while, but if I made a goof and started getting ripped for it, I would just agree with all the insults. "Yep, I'm the worst." "I should be bronze level." "I'm always carried by the good players." "Yes, I should just die." The trolls hate that. :p

Sethbacca

My favorite is when they miss or don't even attempt to get the 5 centered balls you dropped right in front of the opposing teams goal, but you're responsible for the loss even though you also got 4 saves.

Y TM8!

Aidah

I think you need to worry more about your life choices. Unless you were innocent, but they all say they are.

xrnzaaas

Prison isn't what comes to my mind, but I'd definitely feel like a hostage with the sudden requirement to have an EGS account even in the console versions.

Last edited:

Concern

Idk man. Losing in Rocket League is much more severe than being sold off by your owner to another dude for a pack of cigarettes.

Cutty Flam

Banned
If there was an option to go into solitary confinement with nothing or to be in there with RL, I think I’d walk in there with nothing

Banjo64

cumsessed
Been playing since the beginning but the toxicity gets me down and puts me off. I’ve always found that the best players are the ones who stay positive even if you make a mistake. It usually ends up with more positive results. 90% of the players who talk smack are dog shit as well, which makes it even worse.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Been playing since the beginning but the toxicity gets me down and puts me off. I’ve always found that the best players are the ones who stay positive even if you make a mistake. It usually ends up with more positive results. 90% of the players who talk smack are dog shit as well, which makes it even worse.
Still not as bad as League of Terrorists.

I changed my steam name to "Toxic Teammate? I throw" and I've had like 2 toxic teammates in the last 20 hours. Might be my best idea yet. I play so much better when I'm just having fun and my teammates are being cool.

Top Bottom