• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it normal to be upset that your neighbors are having sex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two roommates. They're both pretty chill guys (usually).

One of them gets really upset whenever he hears our upstairs neighbors having sex. He gets REALLY upset. They're not that loud to be honest. Just some squeecking can be heard. It's usually only about 5 minutes before all is quiet. Myself and my other roommate don't mind.

The other roommate gets super pissed though. He starts slamming shit really loudly and shouting when it happens. Furthermore he gets pissed at us because we're not upset about it. None of us are getting laid. It's been about a year and a half since either the roommate that gets angry got laid, and about the same amount of time for myself as well. I don't think the other roommate has ever done anything with a woman. According to the angry roommate though, it's natural for animals to get upset when they know someone else is getting laid and they're not. He says we should be just as pissed as he is.

But I'm not. I don't care. Frankly, it's starting to become an issue between the three of us. The upstairs neighbors had a 30 minute session this afternoon, and the environment in our apartment has been absolutely toxic ever since.

corn_fest

No, that's weird as fuck.
If I knew one of my roommates was getting laid, I'd be happy for them. Maybe give them a high-five as they left their room?

ScrubJay

I guess it's normal to be jealous of other people having sex if you're not. Go get laid, man, you'll feel better.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've only ever received cake from my roommates when I copulate with a female.

That guy has got to get his shit together. It's not normal. What the hell does he expect, them not to have sex? Hell, in college, my roommates had sex while the other roommates were in the room..

What would happen if you or the other guy got laid? Like, would he freak out?

jellotime.gif

reaver18

A year and half? Fuck I can't even imagine going that long without sex. Tell your room mate to quit bitching and go out and get laid.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Oh memories of college. I didn't get laid much back then either. Now I don't think there's a 1.5 year period that I haven't gotten laid since I lost my virginity.

Both behaviors are normal. Make sure you give each other room to take care of business. Maybe that's his problem. Do you have dorms with shared rooms? Those are the worst. Long showers are a must.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be worried about him putting laxatives in your food when you start being sexually active again.

sn00zer

That guy has got to get his shit together. What the hell does he expect, them not to have sex? Hell, in college, my roommates had sex while the other roommates were in the room..

Thats is shitty...i would chew somebody out if they pulled that shit....its ridiculously rude....

Crayolan

According to the angry roommate though, it's natural for animals to get upset when they know someone else is getting laid and they're not. He says we should be just as pissed as he is.

Oh my god...lol.

Tell him this: if he was getting laid, would he want other people to be upset? Though with how insane he sounds he might just say yes.

teh_pwn

If he's masturbating regularly and he's acting like a angry maniac when this happens...yeah, new roomate time. That's some mental instability.

Oh memories of college. I didn't get laid much back then either. Now I don't think there's a 1.5 year period that I haven't gotten laid since I lost my virginity.

Both behaviors are normal. Make sure you give each other room to take care of business. Maybe that's his problem. Do you have dorms with shared rooms? Those are the worst. Long showers are a must.

We don't live in dorms. We live in an apartment. Myself and the angry roommate are both college graduates.

I worry about him to be honest. He is convinced he is ugly (even though he's not). He just got laser eye surgery and is now talking about getting plastic surgery. He has a pretty high paying job now too (80k a year). All he talks about is "getting his revenge" on women and shit.

Pastry

Banned
We don't live in dorms. We live in an apartment. Myself and the angry roommate are both college graduates.

I worry about him to be honest. He is convinced he is ugly (even though he's not). He just got laser eye surgery and is now talking about getting plastic surgery. He has a pretty high paying job now too (80k a year). All he talks about is "getting his revenge" on women and shit.

He's a serial killer in the making. For real.

Poor guy is fucked up

Thats is shitty...i would chew somebody out if they pulled that shit....its ridiculously rude....

Yeah.. It was funny at the time though. We were all pretty relaxed.. GF sleeping over was no big deal, and the few times they .. got busy... Well, we'd just gossip about it at breakfast the next day.

teh_pwn

Uh, that guy needs real therapy. This is the seedlings of shooting sprees.

I think its time to get rid of your roommate. Before he decides he likes your skin better than his.

That's a bit difficult, because he's the majority rent payer. We have a 3 tier system in place. He pays half because he has the dedicated parking space and the master bedroom. The other roommate pays about 30% since he has the other bedroom. I pay 20% since I have the living room.

Plus he's also my best friend of 10 years.

Well that's an alarm bell if I ever heard one

Yeah, he sounds preeeeetty nuts.

reaver18

Hahaha did he get out of a long relationship recently? Sounds kinda like a buddy of mine who was with his girl for 8 years. Ever since they broke up he has become incredibly insecure and emotional, everyone thinks he's gay now.

Hahaha did he get out of a long relationship recently? Sounds kinda like a buddy of mine who was with his girl for 8 years. Ever since they broke up he has become incredibly insecure and emotional, everyone thinks he's gay now.

He has only had one relationship, and it's the one that ended a year and a half ago. It was a very serious relationship, and it ended on her cheating on him by using his money to fly to canada and hook up with a dude she met online. He's still pretty messed up about it.

Crayolan

That's a bit difficult, because he's the majority rent payer. We have a 3 tier system in place. He pays half because he has the dedicated parking space and the master bedroom. The other roommate pays about 30% since he has the other bedroom. I pay 20% since I have the living room.

10 years sounds like plenty long enough for you two to sit down, talk seriously, and have him listen.

EVOL 100%

Get out before he kills you

royalan

I have two roommates. They're both pretty chill guys (usually).

One of them gets really upset whenever he hears our upstairs neighbors having sex. He gets REALLY upset. They're not that loud to be honest. Just some squeecking can be heard. It's usually only about 5 minutes before all is quiet. Myself and my other roommate don't mind.

The other roommate gets super pissed though. He starts slamming shit really loudly and shouting when it happens. Furthermore he gets pissed at us because we're not upset about it. None of us are getting laid. It's been about a year and a half since either the roommate that gets angry got laid, and about the same amount of time for myself as well. I don't think the other roommate has ever done anything with a woman. According to the angry roommate though, it's natural for animals to get upset when they know someone else is getting laid and they're not. He says we should be just as pissed as he is.

But I'm not. I don't care. Frankly, it's starting to become an issue between the three of us. The upstairs neighbors had a 30 minute session this afternoon, and the environment in our apartment has been absolutely toxic ever since.

Tell your roommate he's being ridiculous, and to grow the fuck up.

Seriously, in those exact words. Grow. The. Fuck. Up.

The Fuck Up.

All the WAY up.

Like, I wish I could give you some mature, sage advice here...but it's really this simple. Your roommate is really being petty enough to warrant this type of response.

EDIT: Wait, just saw this:

Nix what I said earlier. My new advice is this:

Move out.

Move the FUCK out.

Move ALL THE WAY out.

Because your roommate sounds dangerous.

Blades64

Banned

Wow. The story unfolds even more. That's a tough situation, but honestly the guy sounds like he needs therapy. Like very soon....like now.

Pau

All he talks about is "getting his revenge" on women and shit.
What the hell. This guy does not sound like he should be around women. Or anyone, it seems.

I thought this thread was going to be about that like, second long feeling of: "Man, someone's having sex? I wanna be having sex! :(" but your roommate is something else. Yeah, seriously talk to him about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom