• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it normal to be upset that your neighbors are having sex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

the real reason is because he has a crush on the girl, and it pains him to know shes getting crushed upstairs above him.

Izayoi

Banned
Sounds like your friend needs to get it in.

(In all seriousness, he sounds like he needs professional help. Being down in the dumps when you're not getting laid is pretty normal, but getting angry and violent about it is not.)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
the real reason is because he has a crush on the girl, and it pains him to know shes getting crushed upstairs above him.

Replace "getting crushed" with "being disappointed by a weak premature ejaculator" and you're on to something.

he says it's natural for animals to get upset when they know someone else is getting laid and they're not. He says we should be just as pissed as he is.

Is he aware that he just basically admitted that he's angry because he's jealous?

edit- goddamn it I just realized I missed a shitload of posts in this thread, I could have sworn this thread was way smaller. Now that I have seen some other posts like "getting revenge on women" I gotta say that's some scary shit

jaxword

He needs professional help and counseling. The most obvious answer is, of course, he needs to get laid, but it's likely just a pebble in a mountain of anger management issues. Or he's got some weird sexual hangups from his culture or beliefs and it's driving him insane to see they're not universal.

The "revenge on women" part SCREAMS he has severe mental problems that should be addressed asap.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dude, i think your friend got an issue, and need professional help, especially that part with wanting to take a revenge on woman. Might want to consult it, or help your friend finding the right girl, who knows, maybe it'll calm him down

We don't live in dorms. We live in an apartment. Myself and the angry roommate are both college graduates.

I worry about him to be honest. He is convinced he is ugly (even though he's not). He just got laser eye surgery and is now talking about getting plastic surgery. He has a pretty high paying job now too (80k a year). All he talks about is "getting his revenge" on women and shit.

Ha, this is nothing. One day, I'll post about all the shit my cousin spouts and your guy will pale in comparison.

It's genuinely disturbing actually. And I have to live with the dude.

:(

Dart

We don't live in dorms. We live in an apartment. Myself and the angry roommate are both college graduates.

I worry about him to be honest. He is convinced he is ugly (even though he's not). He just got laser eye surgery and is now talking about getting plastic surgery. He has a pretty high paying job now too (80k a year). All he talks about is "getting his revenge" on women and shit.

Whoa okay... I heard this story before on 20/20 or something...

You have to do that sitcom thing where you pay a prostitute to pretend to be interested i him and then he won't feel like such a waste of space anymore because a girl with comically large breasts petted his hair

e: although from the sounds of it you'd find that you have a new suitcase with comically large pair of breasts

Aurongel

Your friend sounds insecure as fuck, at least your neighbors attempt to exercise some restraint when they knock boots. Your roommate could learn a thing or two from that.

If he's been your best friend for 10 years, level with him. You're pals - a bit of honesty goes a long way.

Also, have you considered getting him a "service for hire"? You and your other roommate can go have a few beers down at the pub while he gets his half-hour revenge against those unruly upstairs neighbors.

ntropy

you need a control. tell the same neighbors to play music really loud when he's around.
post results on YouTube

Without sounding like I'm bragging I'll just say this:-

My roommates must HATE when I have female company.

And I don't give a shit. IF I'm gonna have sex, I'm gonna fuck. Not gonna whip my dick out to give a massage.

kick51

Banned
When it comes to sexy time, there is no such thing as a ridiculous hour. If two people are in their own home, they have a right to have sex whenever they please.

if they make enough noise, it becomes everyone who hears it's business though. reasonable folks know to soundproof...if not to be polite, then because they know some salty desert dick is gonna make trouble about it.

but the profile of OP's roomie just keeps getting more out there though

Meh. It's been a year and a half you say? I think I'd be jealous that bacteria was reproducing at that point. If he gets that angry he needs to go take a walk. Maybe go hit on some people. The conversational hit of course.

Vesmir

Banned
Looks like we got us a G1 homage.

RCMLqo6.jpg

Or...Magnus? The face does look a tad different from Movie Prime's usual.

If I had a Transformer banging on top of my apartment, I would be PISSED.

Javaman

So the neighbors are Asian women? I thought it was a couple. This is even worse than I originally believed. He's not jealous of them having sex in general, he's jealous that its not him having sex with him. Take him to a nice full service massage parlor STAT. This guy is a half step from creepy stalker mode.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Your friend sounds like a bit of a psycho.

id easily have a girlfriend if i wasnt so damn lazy
dude needs to chill and go get some therapy before we see him on the news one day

TheOGB

Banned
He has only had one relationship, and it's the one that ended a year and a half ago. It was a very serious relationship, and it ended on her cheating on him by using his money to fly to canada and hook up with a dude she met online. He's still pretty messed up about it.
Your friend has an unhealthy mindset about himself and about women. He could use some therapy. And if you go that route, be supportive. Therapy isn't for crazy people, but not talking things through can make people go crazy. Point is, he should get to the root of the issue and deal with it so he can not be infuriated by people having sex in his vicinity. (And more importantly, love himself)

Southern California. He could cover the rent himself easily, but he brought us in so he wouldn't have to be alone anymore. He hated coming home to an empty apartment. So it's more like we're here in part for his companionship.
Yeah, he definitely wants/needs support.

NastyBook

law__order-_svu_-_season_11_cast.jpg

He's already busted.

soepje

Your roommate sounds really, really scary OP. You should definitely talk to him, and he should probably get some professional help too. Yikes.

He wants to fuck with them emotionally because he thinks it will provide closure to his past relationship, in which he felt wronged

He's also angry because he can't get laid, because he can't approach girls, because he thinks they're intently focusing on his physical flaws....because he's so fixated on them himself.

Telll dawg to seek therapy. Or get a smoking pipe and do it yourself

Used to have a very loud neighbors too.
They got busted for growing weeds in their house using the neighbors' electricity tho.

Guy just sounds like a jealous or uptight loser. Sorry to hear it's causing difficulty for you. He should understand that even if he doesn't like it, which whatever, these are the kinds of trade offs you make when you decide to live with other people.

EDIT:

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread before replying. Yeah, sounds like the break-up and cheating really messed him up. I can relate somewhat - I had a long, serious relationship that had a messy end, too. She didn't cheat on me exactly, and I did a LOT of wrong, but it involved her moving on to another man and I was just a real piece of shit to her for a long time. I didn't let it spread outwards though, and after spending a few months festering in my own vengeful thoughts on her, I got past it and moved on. I've seen other women since, which really helped.

Some people just get stuck, and things really go wrong upstairs. Maybe talking frankly and sympathetically to him about that would be a possible solution. Maybe it would cause him to react even more negatively - but who knows, being confronted with it might make him think things over afterwards, even if he reacts badly in the moment.

Foaloal

Based off this line;

According to the angry roommate though, it's natural for animals to get upset when they know someone else is getting laid and they're not.

It sounds like he has very strange views, but if you hadn't included that line I'd suggest maybe it's the noise of the floor creaking/etc. which is stressing him out, which isn't that abnormal - though not being able to find ways to cope with the annoyance/stress some people might experience from repetitive noises is somewhat abnormal.

Aiii

So not worth it
I had a lesbian neighbour that had really loud sex for an hour every night from 12 to 1 AM and then again for half an hour ever morning at 6 AM. That got annoying and caused a lack of sleep on work nights so we got to the point where the neighbours on the other side of her and I decided to say something about it.

But really, normal sex that isn't overly loud for a few minutes? It's weird to get upset about that.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The normal reaction is to cheer them on. Your roommates are pathetic haters, that attitude isn't going to get them laid. AT ALL.

Get the fuck out OP, their haters vibes are rubing on you and that's probably why you're not getting laid either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom