• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it still possible to buy a new in box New 3DS XL?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I feel like I missed the boat on these. I'd like to buy one but it seems they've been discontinued. Even the 2D versions are starting to dwindle at Target.

TaroYamada

Yes, I'm selling a NIB Super Mario 3D Land edition. ;) but out in the wild they're probably uncommon at this point.

I checked a bunch of stores in my area, and I couldn’t find a single 3DS. Most stores around me still have a half-dozen new 2DS XL models, and some Mario-Maker 2DS bundles, but I wasn’t able to find a new 3DS anywhere. I ended up just buying a 2DS XL. I don’t think you’re going to have an easy time finding one.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Quite hard. But not so imposible as PS Vita. Try to search it at play Asia or Amazon. The last option is ebay

Yes, walk into the store and ask the cashier to open the case. Then you give him you give him your monetary paper in the amount of the cost to own the item.

The best part is that you can do this for free.

(some stores still have it op lol, at least in the US/Japan not sure about anywhere else.0

Last edited:
Quite hard. But not so imposible as PS Vita. Try to search it at play Asia or Amazon. The last option is ebay

I have a Staples that sells Vitas (or some reason) that barely ever move and it's in some dark corner way in the back on some stand-up kiosk next to the employee breakroom behind chair boxes.

Vitas are basically only only at this point for most people. Honestly they were arguably in that position before it was discontinued as well, even the Gamespots just had a small poll for it on the side of the back wall before discontinuation.

Top Bottom