• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it time to get excited about Immortals Fenix Rising or not because Ubisoft?

mrmeh

Watched some play throughs of Immortals on YouTube, looks great - Like the Myth stuff and Love BOTW!

Is this the next Gen Zelda we've all(well me..) been waiting for or will it be a typical Ubisoft release that you pay top whack for a game that's a year away from being coded properly?

Previews seem to like it, reviews out early next week - Should I pre-order if it gets praise or hold off?

I'm in the same boat. The problem with the previews is that many were sponsored by Ubisoft. Overall the game looks good and there are a few people I trust that seemed to like. Probably going to chance it given my need for something else to play on my PS5.

I really had a lot of fun with the demo, and am always down for another quality BotW-like after Genshin Impact... but hearing the horror stories about how both WD Legion and AC Valhalla are rife with bugs even weeks after launch makes me want to wait and see.

I really had a lot of fun with the demo, and am always down for another quality BotW-like after Genshin Impact... but hearing the horror stories about how both WD Legion and AC Valhalla are rife with bugs even weeks after launch makes me want to wait and see.

I was excited when you said demo and then I realized where I had to play it.:messenger_unamused:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Waiting on some reviews and I may pick this up later on sale. If it is good I would buy it this week if it weren’t for Cyberpunk around the corner.

GHG

Gold Member
Probably one of the most interesting games they've put out in a while.

I'll be trying it out via ubisoft+ so no harm done if it's shit.

Kagey K

Banned
I have it on my xmas list. The rule I made in my house says we aren’t allowed to buy anything for ourselves in December, so hopefully my GF and kids pull through for me.

Looks like Odyssey/BOtW hybrid with heavy mythology which has me super interested in it since the first showing.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Looks like a decent fake Zelda. Will probably play it next since I won't play Cyberpunk until I get a new GPU.

Last edited:

Klayzer

I don’t have the same Ubisoft hate people here seem to share. Been really looking forward to this, I think it looks great. Picking it up on Thursday.
Im digging the artstyle and gameplay from what I've seen of it. Just wished it would have kept its original name Gods and Monsters.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like what I’ve seen from the previews but I’m gonna wait for $30-$40 then jump in. So January maybe?

I got Watch Dogs Legion and Valhalla from them already on a fairly heavy sale so that will last me a while anyway.

Last edited:
Greek myths are dope.
Much more dope than how lame ubisoft is.

Just saw a gameplay vid and overall it doesn't look too appealing to me but who knows.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Super hyped for Immortals. Already pre-ordered the Gold Edition as im all in. Can't freaking wait!!!

Roufianos

👀WatchDOGS Legion is 80 on metacritic.

Immortal phoenix is a game by retards, I'm telling you your brain will melt if you play it. Keep it away from your console.

It's a 70 on Metacritic. It's almost certain Fenyx Rising will review better.

Want to do an avatar bet?

Last edited:

retsof624

I played the stadia demo last month and loved it. So I’m definitely getting it day one. From the demo it’s a pretty solid game

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I tried it, it's honestly not bad.
The game is really pretty and the gameplay is fine enough, flying isn't that fun (for now, hope it gets better) but other than that it can be an ok game I think.

Edit: and I can't stand the Ubi open world formula since Origin, but this one feels like the universe is, a least, coherent with the gameplay (not like recent AC).

Last edited:

mrmeh

Just had a quick bash of it on stadia... promising.. doesn't feel like AC, doesn't feel quite as good as Zelda but the combat is solid.

Ill sully myself with stadia more tomorrow... uggggh

wipeout364

I really wanted to dislike this but after watching a few previews I have to admit I am very interested. Wish they had kept the Gods and Monsters title.

DrBillOA

Banned
In all honesty this game is the next Anthem. Being that, the core devs have to allow gift kids on brain drugs to pitch ideas.

Top Bottom