• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it wrong if I get teary-eyed every time I see...

A video of Shigeru Miyamoto? It's true. I almost cry every time I see the man, I guess I love and admire him so much.

I don't think it's too weird, it's not uncommon for people to cry in concerts for their favorites singers/bands... and since video games occupy the same place in my life that music probably does for them, it makes sense.

Let's turn this into a Shigeru Miyamoto appreciation thread, it's good to love Miyamoto together!

Someone please post that animated picture of him doing the WW waves thing, I couldn't find it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'd post that pic with that chick sitting on Miyamoto's lap but the thread is gone and I don't know where the pic is

Oh yeah that pic rocked. I could get the original pic of them sitting opposite each other and someone could photoshop it again maybe?

AniHawk

I like Shiggy not just because he's a genius when it comes to video games, but he seems like he'd be a nice guy in general.

AniHawk said:
I like Shiggy not just because he's a genius when it comes to video games, but he seems like he'd be a nice guy in general.

Yeah exactly, he seems so down to earth and a genuinely nice guy, everyone who has met him or knows him agree.

BuG

I love seeing him smile, 'cause it's always a look of complete and utter joy and fascination. It brings a smile to my face, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy. There is nothing wrong with anyone in this thread.

glij_030225_girl1.jpg

glij_030225_girl2.jpg

GOD'S ALWAYS YOU

GDGF

Soothsayer
When Shigeru Miyamoto smiles, I smile. I've always thought of him as a childlike Willy Wonka type character.

(edit: What a beautiful girl...Gods Always You)

WarPig

"That fuckin' Miyamoto's balls-deep in that whore every night! I haven't been laid in three fuckin' years! It's not right!"

DFS.

I loved the latest stunt he pulled at the Nintendo conference at E3, coming out with a Master Sword and a Hyrulian Shield and swinging the sword around with a huge grin on his face, I don't think anybody in his position in the industry would do something similiar, but Miyamoto does because he knows his fans will appreciate it... He seemed really enjoying doing it, he'd start leaving then stops and thinks "Just one more swing" and does it again
lol.gif

Edit: I hadn't seen the previous post before writing this one, me and Meier think alike!

ge-man

Miyamoto is the man. I don't cry when I see him, but like someone said earlier, there's a Willy Wonkaesqe thing going for him. Actually, that's really how I picture Nintendo as a whole. With all the neat things Yokoi and other hardware guys have come up with combine with the some the zany software that has come EAD and the various R&D divisions it's almost like some crazy toy or candy factory. I hope Nintendo never changes that spirit.

I've always thought of Shigeru Miyamoto as an overrated has-been.

Well, except for Yoshi's Island. That rocked some serious sack.

Dave Long

Banned
I have to admit that his appearance at this year's press conference was pretty incredible. He said so little but his passion for what he does was still clear.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The best thing about E3 '04 is that it's the event where Miyamoto officially sold out.

I hold deep admiration for Miyamoto but the only time I may shed a tear because of him is when he dies (and that's a BIG maybe). I'd most likely just have heart felt sorrow but eyes'll stay dry.

stonedwal

WarPig said:
"That fuckin' Miyamoto's balls-deep in that whore every night! I haven't been laid in three fuckin' years! It's not right!"

DFS.

Seems like a harsh line when one considers the original context :p

suikodan

I was once able to take a picture with Miyamoto. I can say that my legs were shaking when I approched his translator to ask for a photo.

He was visiting the Xbox booth at E3 2003. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to thank him for all his games, he looked pretty busy.

Althought I was happy to meet Itagaki at E3 2004 and tell him how I loved Ninja Gaiden, how I was happy of what he made with my favorite Ninja, etc... (NG on the NES was actually the first game I bought with my own money when I was 11-12). He was pretty receptive and looked happy of my comment ;-)

lordmrw

Mr_Furious said:
I hold deep admiration for Miyamoto but the only time I may shed a tear because of him is when he dies (and that's a BIG maybe). I'd most likely just have heart felt sorrow but eyes'll stay dry.

Same here, and I'l feel the same way when Stan Lee dies, which is unfortunately going to be one of these days. Shigeru Miyamoto is always genuinely excited about the stuff he's working on. You can honesly tell that he does it because he truely enjoys making games; not just for the money or any other ulterior motive. You gotta respect that.

Drinky Crow said:
Well, except for Yoshi's Island. That rocked some serious sack.

No shit. I am currently playing Yoshi's Island for the first time ever on GBA (I know I know!), and I have no words to convey how much I'm loving this game. I'm still in World 2, waking up every morning and just seeing the GBA SP laying there and remembering that the YI cart is inside and that I still have plenty of hours to play in the game, literally makes me utter gibberish words of uber excitement. I will have to make a dedicated thread for the game when I'm done with it.

I wanted to ask this question for a while: How much involvement did Miyamoto have in the making of Yoshi's Island?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
glij_030225_girl1.jpg

Miyamoto is pulling off a really good pimp expression in that pic.

And don't worry adelgary, it's okay for a guy to cry... if he's gay. ;)

edit:
adelgary said:
I wanted to ask this question for a while: How much involvement did Miyamoto have in the making of Yoshi's Island?
Hmmm, I dunno. Finish the game, read the credits and find out. :)

Sho Nuff

Banned
I stopped exuding the "I love Miyamoto like a five-year-old loves Mommy" faith ever since I realized that the guy basically stamps his name on crap, makes inane suggestions, and has done very little -- if any -- design since Mario 64.

The new generation of folks at Nintendo deserve your worship now. But can you even name them?

Sho Nuff said:
The new generation of folks at Nintendo deserve your worship now. But can you even name them?

But Nintendo sucks now ;)

Miyamoto made many of my favorite games of all time, and that's all that matters.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
adelgary said:
But Nintendo sucks now ;)

Miyamoto made many of my favorite games of all time, and that's all that matters.

In comparison to their greatest hits, I actually agree. Miyamoto is sort of like (a stretch here) Prince to me. Always awesome for all time. Yet, you know his best work is in the past. Perhaps game designers are like rock stars in that way.

He sure does seem like a nice guy too. His heyday is way more grand than any of their current designers without a f*cking doubt.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Yeah, I've met him also. He is incredibly charming, and ever the gentleman in real life as he appears. I hope I get to see him again, and next time actually tell him how much I appreciate his work.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Cmdr. Solrak said:

Is this something that is done in Photoshop? I've always wondered how do you do something like this where you are able to follow the curves/lines of a specific image and move it like that... it would help me with some of the things I do at work in terms of scanning/cropping images. Anybody want to PM me some info? I'd appreciate it.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
DarienA said:
Is this something that is done in Photoshop? I've always wondered how do you do something like this where you are able to follow the curves/lines of a specific image and move it like that... it would help me with some of the things I do at work in terms of scanning/cropping images. Anybody want to PM me some info? I'd appreciate it.

Yeah, actually just post it here, I wanna know too :)

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
DarienA:

> Is this something that is done in Photoshop?

Any semi-decent image editor will do.

> I've always wondered how do you do something like this where you are able to follow
> the curves/lines of a specific image and move it like that...

It's quite easy. Especially as the part where the girl was originally has been cut.

For an image like this you'd either use a lasso tool which creates a selection around an object (in this case the girl) and makes it movable or you'd copy the girl to another layer and use an eraser.

Kon Tiki

Banned
DarienA said:

magnet.jpg

Top Bottom