• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it wrong that I got PS Plus just for the discounts?

Magog.

Banned
I do the same thing. The free games and discounts are worth the money to me. The only "multiplayer" game I play is red dead online and I solo that.

value for me with ps+ was their free game offerings and the automatic update installs.

I avoid multiplayer games in general, so dont care about that feature. I avoid buying digital games particularly on home consoles, so discounts are worthless to me too. I was into buying classics on ps3, but we all saw how that went, so I stopped.

i dropped ps+ a year or two ago though, havent looked back. tbh psNow is enticing me more to try

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
No. If you take advantage of the discounts regularly then it will more than pay for itself. It’s no different than a credit card with annual fee that more than pays for itself with reward points or frequent flyer miles etc.

id have it anyway for online play as that’s where my gaming friends are, but it’s nice that the extra discounts in sales make it cost negative for me most years.

Top Bottom