• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is James the worst character on Twin Peaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Every time he's on screen I want to punch him in the face. Whenever I talk about my love and enjoyment of the show its always followed by "....but I fucking hate James".

Right away when his melon shows up for the first time in the pilot you can't help but think "yo this dude is wack", and then he proceeds to be wack for the entire series.

I don't think dude has any good moments in the series at all. It's just straight up, unadulterated wackness during his whole character arc.

I wish there was a James Free Edit of Twin Peaks or something.

AkuMifune

Banned
I thought so until innocent southern belle seducer witch showed up.

I'll take a thousand James' over her. He's the worst actor by far though.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Just yooooou and IIIIIIIII

🎸

Q8Eiaj3.jpg

Necrovex

He's why I stopped watching the show midway for a few months. When he left the show, everything about Twin Peaks became amazing again.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Shelly is both the best and worst part of the show. Super got, but rarely is in an enjoyable scene.

Leo is by far the worst actor, however.

James is possibly my most disliked character in the history of television. The whole season 2 Mope Quest of his is unbearable. James is a piece of shit. Donna sucks too. They were perfect for each other, those two melodramatic wimps.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
You just don't understand his depth. Let me take out my guitar and sing you a song about how good James is

theDeeDubs

As much as they made you want to hate Bobby, I really enjoyed the scenes with him and his father. The one where his dad says it's ok to be afraid before Laura's funeral and Bobby just goes off is probably one of my favorite scenes in the whole show.

But, yeah, James is awful.

As much as they made you want to hate Bobby, I really enjoyed the scenes with him and his father. The one where his dad says it's ok to be afraid before Laura's funeral and Bobby just goes off is probably one of my favorite scenes in the whole show.

I didn't really like Bobby either but that scene was great.

PillarEN

Yeah Bobby and his pops are fun to watch. I quite enjoy the smack Bobby receives and the cig lands perfectly in the mothers cake or whatever it was.

zoukka

Yeah gotta agree with that. Season 1 was ok, but S2 got brought down a lot because of his stupid sidequest.

I like the original idea behind his character, as a foil to Bobby and white knight who has no power to stop all the crazy shit that's happening. then like a lot of the characters, his story goes off on a huge, dumb tangent.

has anyone made some sort of twin peaks edit where everything that's pure garbage from season 2 is culled and it's just the decent stuff?

I'd like to see that version of Twin Peaks.

has anyone made some sort of twin peaks edit where everything that's pure garbage from season 2 is culled and it's just the decent stuff?

I'd like to see that version of Twin Peaks.

All that you'd really have left in the second half of season 2 is Cooper's romance and Windom Earle.

Then again, that's probably a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom