• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is japancodesupply.com legit?

Silky

Banned
found this site advertised on my Twitter. Supposedly it sells PSN JP cards at a much cheaper price than what PCGameSupply and PlayAsia sells them for and delivers them to you much faster.

Question is this site seems really new...so has anyone used it before? Is it safe?

http://japancodesupply.com

Reference: the 3000Y card goes for $31.49 there compared to Play-Asia's usual $42.00 price.

SerTapTap

Would also like to know, prices don't seem too bad. Was thinking of trying out a year of JP PS+ for kicks (for the PSX archives) and find some digital stuff I can't get here maybe.

danowat

Banned
They use Paypal, and have a secured payment connection, so at least there is some comeback there if anything goes wrong.

rpmurphy

Uh, their prices don't look as good as japan-codes.com and they're legit and delivery speed was good when I used them last year (less than 24 hours).

Edit: correction -- better prices for higher-valued cards

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Uh, their prices don't look as good as japan-codes.com and they're legit and delivery speed was good when I used them last year (less than 24 hours).

Most of japan-codes' prices are great, but some, like the 500Y for $9.99, leave me scratching my head a bit.

SerTapTap

Oh yeah you're right. I didn't bother with the lower point cards since they over-price those for some reason.

Oddly the $50 is cheaper at japancodesupply but the $30 isn't--but I guess buying multiples of the cheaper $30 card is still a better ratio, right?

Hagi

Solaris Japan is the cheapest I've found. I got 8000yen for 9000yen so I could buy Gundam Breaker 2 last night. It was a few hours till they emailed me though so it's not an instant fix.

kubus

Solaris Japan is cheapest at $29.42 for a 3000 yen card and from what I've heard in the Japanese 3DS Import Thread, they're legit.

edit: beaten :p

Silky

Banned
Übermatik;144010774 said:
I believe threads like this may be against ToS, but I may be wrong... same with CD Keys.

I thought they were against TOS if the sites were banned? Checking verification of legitimacy is okay, right?

I've never heard of it, but that's not saying much. Just try it out with paypal so you have the safety net of filing a dispute if something goes awry.

rpmurphy

Oddly the $50 is cheaper at japancodesupply but the $30 isn't--but I guess buying multiples of the cheaper $30 card is still a better ratio, right?
Lol it seems inconsistent between PSN, eShop and iTunes... the one that gets closest to or beats 100:1 yen-to-USD ratio would be best.

Einbroch

Banned
It has a cute anime girl. Nothing screams legit like a cute anime girl playing videogames.

Their prices are about a 20% markup.

Why buy 3x 3000 JPY when you can get 1x 10000 JPY from Nippon-Yasan (edit: looks like Solaris is slightly cheaper) for about the same price?

It has a cute anime girl. Nothing screams legit like a cute anime girl playing videogames.

Their prices are about a 20% markup.

Most places have quite a high markup at lower denomination to push you into buying higher ones.

Lol it seems inconsistent between PSN, eShop and iTunes... the one that gets closest to or beats 100:1 yen-to-USD ratio would be best.

Ideally, what you're looking for right now is a 1:120-ish USD to JPY ratio.

JPY's value has gone down lately.

Top Bottom