• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Jim Ryan the new Don Mattrick?

ElCasual

I think the jury is still out on Jim Ryan, but what is the equivalent for the kinect WRT playstation?
Maybe and just maybe dont make the PS Now avalible in many countries. I think that error make the gamepass more popular than the PS Now. And here are the results.

Compsiox

Banned
I don't think anyone really asked for Jim Ryan. He was just someone who could fill the role.

He's not bad but he's not great either. He's sufficient.

Don Mattrick is literally the anti christ of gaming.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Jim Ryan is a very likable guy and he's doing a fantastic job. Sure he's tripped here and there, but who hasn't?

Love what he's doing and the path he's taking PlayStation. I cant wait what else he has in store. It's going to be amaze-balls!

Fuck no!!!!

Is the other Side of the Story...

This guy is ruining Playstation brand, it's the worst thing that has happened to the industry. There definitely has to be a Japanese like Kaz Hirai or Ken Kutaragi

xp5Vzq8.jpg

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Preorders sold out, and interest in the system appears to be high. This coming off a generation they dominated. I hope OP is not responsible for conducting any employee performance reviews, because he doesn't understand metrics of success.
Jim is not responsible for the success of ps4 nor the strength of the Sony brand. He took his role in early 2019. The board already caught the wave and he is just riding it in.

G-Bus

Banned
Sony will be fine as long as they keep those first party games crushing it. Maybe this is a kick in the ass they need after dominating with ps4.

Doubt they expected MS to come out starting the new generation with a $299 box and a team of studios on the roster.

The generation after this one will be way more interesting.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
Jim Ryan has his own style. He is a liar. But businesswise the guy delivers the numbets.

Liar and BSer with no grace but he ain't Donny, much less Phil, who's worse than Donny. Still, there is a lot of time in his reign for him to either turn it around or get closer to Phil/Donny status. Def not Andrew House.

Are we really going to call for a man's job for making the decisions that needed making to maximize profit? FFS people, likes and memes are funny, but this is REE logic.

Don't worry folks, your preferred consumer electronics conglomerate of choice are going to make shit-tons of money off of you for the next decade, it will be ok.

bender

What time is it?
Are we really going to call for a man's job for making the decisions that needed making to maximize profit? FFS people, likes and memes are funny, but this is REE logic.

Don't worry folks, your preferred consumer electronics conglomerate of choice are going to make shit-tons of money off of you for the next decade, it will be ok.

images

carlosrox

Banned
I don't really give a shit about or grade the work of company men like him. Just another suit.

Basically goes for all of em, at any company.

D.Final

Banned
Pre orders was a mess. ( I know maybe it was not him fault).
"Playstation believes in generatios" but Spider-Man MM y Horizon FW coming to PS4.
"The Xbox series S will be a failure".
"I dont care the olders games, they look outdated".
Premium games will be $70.
What a mess with Spider between PS4 and PS5.
More PS games coming to PC ( what is the point to buy a $500 dls console if they games are not console exclusive anymore?)
Its like a Microsoft insider in PlayStation.
He must GO ASAP.

**Edit**I know that PS cant leave all the millions of PS4 base with Spider-Man MM and Horizon FW, but if you KNOW that, you CANT say: "In Playstation belive in generations" you just keep your mouth shout and say another thing in the best polite way possible.

Maybe for the crossgen question of Spiderman and Horizon

Top Bottom