• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Mighty No. 9 delayed again?

nynt9

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/4708...-does-the-mighty-no-9-community-need-to-wait/

The last time anyone got an official notice about Mighty No. 9 by Keiji Inafune and Comcept was a delay announcement on January 25th 2016. They were straight to the point stating they needed to “resolve any network issues and porting work necessary to publish Mighty No. 9 on the various platforms. However, the issues relating to the network modes were more critical than expected,” according to the post.

But they didn’t give any definite time frame of when the game could be launched, telling the Kickstarter backers they wanted to “make sure that everything is confirmed to be ready before giving a new specific release date. But we expect it to realistically be in Spring 2016”.

Nothing significant has been posted by any of Mighty No. 9’s media accounts. The official Facebook page for the game stopped posting after Christmas of last year. Any expected comments of holiday cheer are drowned out by months of backer complaints The official piled into it. Darryl Boyen writes “These guys are crooks, stole thousands of dollars from backers who have not heard anything about their prizes that have nothing to do with online play. I have heard talk of a class action lawsuit based on this and hope it comes to fruition,” and his words weren’t out of place among the upset chorus of responses.

The official English twitter account for Mighty No. 9 became quiet after the delay announcement.

Deep Silver had no official comment to make on the current status of Mighty No. 9. In response to my request for a statement they told me: “We have no comments at this time. You’ll be the first to know once we have new information to share.”

Where is the game?

Put me back in Mr. Bones's Wild Ride if old.

Edit: Just in case some people are misunderstanding the premise of this thread, there is no announcement of a delay. Or release. That's the thing. They've been radio silent.

Banned
The worst part about this is the multiplayer component is why it's being delayed. A multiplayer component, to a fucking Megaman spiritual successor lol. Fuck Inafune.

Nere

Before this thread I had completely forgotten this game's existence and I was excited for it once...

RK128

I guess the dumb online modes are the reason for the release being pushed back......but still :(.

I was honestly hoping to play this on my PS3/Vita this year, but I can wait longer if needed.

Are people still waiting for this? How do backers feel?
Looking at this progress just makes me fear for my first backed project yooka laylee

I keep forgetting this exists and then thinking it must've been released months ago and I just missed it.

I'm still interested, but goddam.

Krammy

The game has dropped so far below my expectations that I couldn't care less if it was delayed again. At this point, I'd rather it be delayed for years and just ended up being good, so I wouldn't regret backing this for $300. Of course, since the last delay was done only for online components, that will never happen. I'll keep hoping though.

The status of this game just continues to baffle me. Every indicator suggests it to be just another Megaman-style 2D platformer, the sort that first-time studios churn out by the bucketload in less than a year's time. What about this project sucked up so much time & capital? How has none of it manifested in the final product?

I hope somebody comes clean soon enough. I want the dirty details.

gogogow

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but this is a megaman type of game. Why not release the single player first, so they can keep working on the MP part/network issues whatever and release it on a later date.

Hedgey

The worst part about this is the multiplayer component is why it's being delayed. A multiplayer component, to a fucking Megaman spiritual successor lol. Fuck Inafune.

Why do people keep blaming this on Inafune? I doubt he had any input on the stretch goals. His work was just the initial idea and design of the gameplay. If you wanna blame anyone, blame the people that kept throwing money into the project despite it already being funded. They have to make this massive game because that's how stretch goals work.

HOWEVER, I do not understand why this game can't simply come out as is and add the in-progress features at a later time as DLC. I know this costs money, and has been mentioned multiple times but they made a TON on this project. Inafune should be taking it out of his pocket if the studio doesn't have it. It's his game.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Actually wearing one of the shirts right now. I can wait; not my first Kickstarter (eyes Spaceventure).

Mr-Joker

Banned
I just want my £12 back, I have asked twice for my money back and I get no response.

Mighty No 9 is a joke, dead on arrival and will be quickly forgotten.

Before this thread I had completely forgotten this game's existence and I was excited for it once...

T_T this... Hardcore Mega Man and Inafune fan... lost a LOT of good will after I backed their kickstarter... but after that last demo build (which I admittedly enjoyed!) I just... kind of... forgot.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
B1O37mmCcAAEJHX.png

Phu

Banned
Why do people keep blaming this on Inafune? I doubt he had any input on the stretch goals. His work was just the initial idea and design of the gameplay. If you wanna blame anyone, blame the people that kept throwing money into the project despite it already being funded. They have to make this massive game because that's how stretch goals work.

What? The stretch goals didn't even have to be there and they could have been anything. It's not on backers. None of the multiplayer stuff ever needed to be introduced.

Wereroku

At this point I would assume they would just release it as a single player game and continue working on the multiplayer if it needed more time. As far as we know the main story and non network related modes are complete.

Whats the point anymore? Return the people's money and just cancel the game since it will never come out.

That's what is sad the main game is complete someone played through most of the game at gamescom. It's literally the extras that are holding it back.

Persona7

Banned
Was this the game that raised more money and then opened up a bunch of new options that were not going to be there if they only raised the goal?

bones123

Seriously, if the game doesn't come out before Summer, I think they're fucked. No one cares anymore aside from the backers, and they've lost 99% of the hype they had like three years ago.

Also, I got a kick out of this.

4a264efbd1.jpg

I'm still eager to play MN9, and I'm glad that it's (hopefully) going to be insanely polished when it releases. However, I'm impressed by how often they have lied. I backed it almost immediately, and their KS update schedule has been wrong more often than not - they haven't updated for the past few months. It's absurd.

Seriously, if the game doesn't come out before Summer, I think they're fucked. No one cares anymore aside from the backers, and they've lost 99% of the hype they had like three years ago.

Also, I got a kick out of this.

4a264efbd1.jpg

Shit, it's delayed to 2017?!??

Top Bottom