• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Monster Games working on a new racing game?

Oddduck

So is Monster Games working on a new racing game?

"Build out the Career and Championship modes UI"

Coming from someone's Linkedin profile:

Monster%20Games.jpg

This was originally posted on Vandal.

Update

The line "Build out the Career and Championship modes UI" has now been deleted from the Linkedin profile.

Even an HD four-player split-screen Excitebots port would be amazing.

That game was criminally underrated and only releasing at retail in NA is so sad.

You could play a tambourine, cards and bowling during the race!

Neoxon

I guess we can expect to hear something in the near future. Another Excite [Insert Vehicle Here] for the NX Platform? Or perhaps the rumors of Diddy Kong Racing 2 were indeed true.

So should we get Excite or feel the wrath of ModBot? Again?

Excitebots is one of those games that I always wanted to play but never got around to, so I would be down for a sequel.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Career and Championship Modes don't sound very Diddy Kong Racing-esque.

More like Excite-something or F-Zero.

Assuming this is a game for Nintendo.

Ridley327

Good to see they're hiring. They've been a really tiny team for a while now, so something bigger than 3DS conversions and support for Retro seems to be in the works.

PLEASE be DKR2! :O

However, Liam/Tamaki said on twitter DKR2 never existed (and laughed about it even), so I dunno . :(

Edit: But the mention of Unity is worrying. As it seems unlikely they'd work on the Unity engine if they're working with Nintendo. :( But they've not touched non-Nintendo hardware in over a decade, why would they now?

Ridley327

Career and Championship Modes don't sound very Diddy Kong Racing-esque.

More like Excite-something or F-Zero.

Assuming this is a game for Nintendo.

There's no reason to think it isn't. They haven't worked with any other company in 10 years.

jdstorm

Banned
PLEASE be DKR2! :O

However, Liam/Tamaki said on twitter DKR2 never existed (and laughed about it even), so I dunno . :(

Edit: But the mention of Unity is worrying. As it seems unlikely they'd work on the Unity engine if they're working with Nintendo. :( But they've not touched non-Nintendo hardware in over a decade, why would they now?

The Wii U is fully compatible with unity so it's very likely that the NX will be as well

mikeyvids

Neo Member
Is there any chance Nintendo would give them or have them collaborate on a Mario Kart NX or Mario Kart Smash title or is that too important an IP?

As a group that always seemed to do well at getting good performance out of Nintendo's hardware, I find it odd that they'd be using Unity for a project. They're a smaller team as well, I wonder if maybe they're working on a mobile game for Nintendo.

I guess they know the same DKR stuff that Alberto used to talk about, if thats still a thing.

Well Emily undid the retweet, Alberto is banned here (I think because of the NX controller shenanigans which he claimed he had a source vouching for), and Liam's rumours are banned so... Eh. I'll have a grain of salt.

"When I'm not making video games, I'm discovering the stomping grounds of my wife"

Uh.... That could be phrased better for an official profile...

Top Bottom