• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is my brother abusing his kids?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Im from Eastern Europe. If you really expect me to take advice from western cultures when their own countries are giant messes than you are a fool.
Eastern European humans work pretty much the same as western humans. Spanking your child in Eastern Europe is child abuse all the same as it is in western countries.

Discipline and good behaviour starts at home. We are their parents not their friends
Obedience out of fear is not the aim of good parenting. It is the aim of a psychopath with children.

daveonezero

Banned
Im from Eastern Europe. If you really expect me to take advice from western cultures when their own countries are giant messes than you are a fool.

Discipline and good behaviour starts at home. We are their parents not their friends

I'm an abolitionist that lives in the heart of "western civilization" don't tell me that I support this corrupt system you call a civilization. You are part of that same "civilization". Where the fuck did the people in the USSA come from?

There oughta be a law that single people against spanking are required to babysit one day a week for a local family (spammers or no).

It wouldn’t change their minds, but it’d be a better social contribution.
ahh and the real solution come up. The heart of all spanking. Obedience to the government and man made law. Using force to change behavior.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I think you all just want to have kids so you can abuse them. When did ya'll stop hitting your girlfriends and wives?
Are you an idiot? Nobody is saying hit them with all the power you got! Just “sting”

Nobody said go crazy on them till you open their head in half or make them lose an eye. Lol, apparently the slightest tiny sting is considered something massive today.

Yoshi

There oughta be a law that single people against spanking are required to babysit one day a week for a local family (spankers or no).

I have a son myself, is that sufficient?

Mista

Banned
There oughta be a law that single people against spanking are required to babysit one day a week for a local family (spankers or no).

No spanking that’s violence😂

I'm an abolitionist that lives in the heart of "western civilization" don't tell me that I support this corrupt system you call a civilization. You are part of that same "civilization". Where the fuck did the people in the USSA come from?

ahh and the real solution come up. The heart of all spanking. Obedience to the government and man made law. Using force to change behavior.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about

Yoshi

Are you an idiot? Nobody is saying hit them with all the power you got! Just “sting”

Nobody said go crazy on them till you open their head in half or make them lose an eye.
Nobody argued against those things you said here. I mean, of course you should also not try to punch an eye out of your child or punch them with all your power (especially if you look like your avatar!), but if anyone was arguing that that was acceptable behaviour here, chances are, this would lead to my final posting here.

Mista

Banned
Nobody argued against those things you said here. I mean, of course you should also not try to punch an eye out of your child or punch them with all your power (especially if you look like your avatar!), but if anyone was arguing that that was acceptable behaviour here, chances are, this would lead to my final posting here.
That’s what I was saying since the beginning? Everyone made it seem like a parent is committing a crime? You lot either can’t read or wanna make a fuss

Barnabot

Nobody said go crazy on them till you open their head in half or make them lose an eye. Lol, apparently the slightest tiny sting is considered something massive today.
Welcome to the new generation, Mista. Where everyone is bossing you around on how you should handle your kids except when they won't be the ones who will be educating your kids 24/7.

DESTROYA

OP did your parents discipline you and your brother that way?
I’m OK with the occasional spank like Mista says but not for every stupid little thing a kid does.He might be going at bit to far but we all need a occasional kick in the ass or slap upside the head, just enough to get there attention.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
If you want to argue that it is ok to inflict pain on defenseless children 10 years or younger fine. That is just something I would never condone. Just don't deny or justify the actions by saying it is something else. Know what you are arguing for and stick to it.

If it was anyone else doing these actions to "your" kids would you allow it?

Last edited:
As a lesson, but it just seems to me he does it for even the most minor things. Like I saw one time one of the boys was trying to open a locked door, he was a bit slow, so my brother kinda slammed his head into the door, at that moment I was like WTF and almost said something but I just kept quiet. I mean I know my bro 100% loves his boys and would never do anything to actually hurt them, but he is very strict and is using a lot of physical/corporal pain to make them behave.

The occasional spanking is one thing but this right here is child abuse.

Last edited:
Here we are folks, 2019 where smacking or spanking your kid for being a little asshole and twisting his year is domestic abuse. Better call child support on your mom, dad, brother, sister for traumatizing your child because every single family I have known whether its in the west or east has done this. We have all been abused! Hopefully, some of you end up smacking yourselves so you can file for domestic abuse on yourselves lmao. We dont even know the situation those kids are in, yet you already yell and scream like a bunch of angry feminists.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I have a son myself, is that sufficient?

To qualify for an exemption to babysitting others' kids? Absolutely.

Or to have an opinion on spanking? Also absolutely.

Btw, I would consider any study on spanking fundamentally flawed, for this reason: there is a profound difference between spanking out of immediate anger and spanking in a controlled way, after calming down, removing the child to another room, and using not one's own hand but an implement that merely stings.

Do the studies sort according to these differences? (The original is behind a paywall.) I very much doubt it -- what parent is going to admit to regularly spanking out of anger?

Last edited:

Yoshi

That’s what I was saying since the beginning?
No, you are arguing against a strawman. Yes, trying to beat up your child in the most violent way possible is worse than what Pramod's brother does. And by the way, setting them on fire, trowing them out of the window or stabbing them is even worse. But no one is arguing about even more violent ways to abuse your children. You are arguing about a level of violence that is not on the table. People like me, who argue that what Pramod's brother does is child abuse do not mistake it for punching your child like a mad man. We are judging what is described in op and further postings. Which is awful.
Everyone made it seem like a parent is committing a crime?
I do not know wehter the behaviour described in op is criminal in op's country of origin. It is child abuse though and I would be furious at my brother if I were Pramod.
You lot either can’t read or wanna make a fuss
I do not want to make a fuss, I do want children to be treated in respectful and non-harmful ways though, especially by their own parents.

Last edited:
5df3d942c0e9c5f8a5127c4993cebdcb.jpg

i've got 2 kids. i'm for spanking if the need arises, though it hasn't yet. and it definitely shouldn't be the first thing you go to. 2 mins of time out and a hug usually straightens them out

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Sounds like a bully.

pramod pramod can you give concrete instances of what they were hit for? The problem is the concurrent hits for the slightest thing. That keeps a kid on edge so that nothing can be "inferred" as annoying to the father, even if in reality it shouldn't be, and the kid lives in constant fear that they'll all of a sudden receive a slap on the head. That's psychologically going to fuck you up. This sounds like a much different case than disciplining a child with a slap due to a kid doing something completely out of line.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
OP did your parents discipline you and your brother that way?
I’m OK with the occasional spank like Mista says but not for every stupid little thing a kid does.He might be going at bit to far but we all need a occasional kick in the ass or slap upside the head, just enough to get there attention.

We were all spanked when we were kids. But it was rare and only happened when we did really dumb things. Our parents never had to constantly smack/pinch us to keep us in line (or maybe we were just more well behaved than my bro's kids).

Tesseract

Banned
my advice is to tell your nephews to punch your brother square in the face the next time he abuses them without any adequate threat or reasoning

daveonezero

Banned
Parents who hit their kids. Will you let your kids hit you when you are out of line after they are grown or just because they don't like your behavior? Or would you defend yourself?

Last edited:

DESTROYA

We were all spanked when we were kids. But it was rare and only happened when we did really dumb things. Our parents never had to constantly smack/pinch us to keep us in line (or maybe we were just more well behaved than my bro's kids).
Same here, my parents raised 3 boys but we turned out OK.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
my advice is to tell your nephews to punch your brother square in the face the next time he abuses them without any adequate threat or reasoning
Punch him in the balls as hard as they can so he can't make any more of you.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Parents who hit their kids. Will you let your kids hit you when you are out of line after they are grown or just because they don't like your behavior? Or would you defend yourself?

What a weird question. Obviously beyond adulthood neither you nor your child require corporal punishment.

daveonezero

Banned
What a weird question. Obviously beyond adulthood neither you nor your child require corporal punishment.

Why is it ok to hit a child then? I think it's a weird question to wonder if it is OK to inflict pain on children. In this case It is not weird to ask if it is ok to hit elderly with possible mental health issues.

Also earlier you suggested a law. What happens when a law is broken? oh right corporal punishment that may include jail time or being shot depending on the degree of resistance.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
I'm all for a little corporal punishment but thats highly dependent on what the kid has done.

To constantly be poking at them for every little thing is wrong. Should talk with your brother because he sounds like a dumbass that could use a bit of an ass kicking himself.

NahaNago

We were spanked as kids too, but not that often. Plus the pinching but no smacking. We were definitely far more behaved than my nieces. If the relationship is okay try to talking to your brother first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom