• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Paper Mario: Sticker Star delayed in Europe ?

While Paper Mario has a release date in USA, Nintendo Europe still hasnt announced any release date... worst, they still call it Paper Mario, with tentative title. :eek:
Did I missed something ? When NoE is supposed to tell us a release date ? I mean, it will be barely release in less than 2 months in USA..

Qurupeke

XWAvo.gif

Seriously, I hope not. I want this game this November.

Better not be. It's the next 3DS game I plan on getting, and aside from Luigi's Mansion, the only upcoming 3DS game I'm interested in.

Foshy

I can understand that Nintendo doesn't want to steal the thunder from the Wii U, but from an EU perspective Vita does actually have a more interesting Fall lineup than 3DS with games like AC3 Liberation, LBP, NFS:MW, PS All-Stars, Fifa and CoD. Could be interesting to see if Nintendos strategy backfires and the handheld sales situation (slightly) changes.

Sendou

I can understand that Nintendo doesn't want to steal the thunder from the Wii U, but from an EU perspective Vita does actually have a more interesting Fall lineup than 3DS with games like AC3 Liberation, LBP, NFS:MW, PS All-Stars, Fifa and CoD. Could be interesting to see if Nintendos strategy backfires and the handheld sales situation (slightly) changes.

You would think that Nintendo doesn't want to give Vita too much breathing room on christmas market but 3DS Fall lineup isn't all that convincing...

Foshy

In fairness, Layton will probably sell more than Paper Mario in the EU.

Sticker Star had better come over, though.
Layton to me seems like a game that mostly sells to the already installed userbase though while Paper Mario can be a true system seller. Layton is great, don't get me wrong, but I can't see many people buying a 3DS just because of that.

Im still wondering if Nintendo of Europe will release their line up, like Nintendo America did. You know, schedule with release dates for retail and eshop games.

So, I sent a mail to Nintendo, but usual answer:
Thank you for your email.

Nintendo has no official announcement about your query at this time.

Triton55

So, I'm in Europe with a US 3DS. Can I still download from the US eShop? I was looking forward to playing this on the plane ride back :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
ONM this month has a preview of Paper Mario with an ETA Spring 2013 :(

I don't think we can rely so much on dates given by magazines. Europe so far is in the same situation of Japan: 2012, but without a date.

ONM this month has a preview of Paper Mario with an ETA Spring 2013 :(

Pics or didn't happen.
I WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!
WHY WOULD THIS BE A THING!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mistle

No Luigi's Mansion in 2012 saddened me but I could deal with it as Paper Mario was still coming out.

But if this doesn't make 2012 either then I'll be pretty annoyed :/ think it's because it's such a text heavy game and there's more languages to translate to? I just don't see any reasoning to delay it so far beyond US release, but then again as a PAL person I'm fairly used to it by now.

D-e-f-

Banned
NoE is probably in total chaos mode right now with all the localizations required for the Wii U titles and then having to localize Layton and Paper Mario in 5 languages at the same time is surely producing some sweat on their brows right now.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
NoE is probably in total chaos mode right now with all the localizations required for the Wii U titles and then having to localize Layton and Paper Mario in 5 languages at the same time is surely producing some sweat on their brows right now.

Yes, localising NintendoLand and NSMBU for launch must really be stressing them out...

What?

Maybe but there's just no excuse. I mean, Paper Mario is the only first party game on 3DS this holidays.

Clearly they are delaying Sticker Star and bringing the totally not niche Fire Emblem forward to the end of this year as the big Christmas game for mega sales with an upcoming announcement soon, ah a man can dream.
Seriously though i've had enough Mario on the 3DS in the last 12 months, I can't actually bring myself to be upset if this news were true, even so I expect it's coming otherwise we're left with something in the region of bugger all for the 3DS.

Suzzopher

At least 2013 should be a great year for the 3DS huh?

Layton, Epic Mickey, Devil Survivor and VLR are the only retail games I shall be buying on 3DS for the end of the year.

Tenki

If it's finally delayed I'll have more time to save some money, Wii U launch will be expensive for me :lol

But I hope it comes out in November. There's been a long waiting for this.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I hope it's not. I'd really like to buy Layton in October with Extreme Escape, and Paper mario and Epic Mickey in November...

Layton, Epic Mickey, Devil Survivor and VLR are the only retail games I shall be buying on 3DS for the end of the year.

Same for me. But its kinda stupid to delay those games to make 2013 artificially looking good.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Devil survivor too has no release date yet...neither Overclocked or DS2.

Top Bottom