• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is pikmin dead?

Yeah guys I'm just kind of wondering if anyone else thinks pikmin is the new f zero. I remember miyamoto saying it was almost finished when wii u was only halfway done.

You think we'll ever get pikmin 4?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
It will come eventually. Nice, niche game to put out in some future gap between more major releases.

mcjmetroid

Thing about Pikmin though is I always found it does have a lot of potential to be one of their big sellers they just have to be more consistant about their releases.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Imagine being a fan of StarTropics, Earthbound, Wave Race, Meteos, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Puzzle League, Wario Land, Drill Dozer, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Snap, Advance Wars, Sin & Punishment, and then imagine then seeing bloodthirsty Pikmin fans demanding yet more games in their beloved franchise.

You monsters. 😭

We'll get another Pikmin. Don't worry. We'll get one. Nintendo loves the franchise way too much to let it fizzle.

Imagine being a fan of StarTropics, Earthbound, Wave Race, Meteos, F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Puzzle League, Wario Land, Drill Dozer, Ice Climbers, Pokemon Snap, Advance Wars, Sin & Punishment, and then imagine then seeing bloodthirsty Pikmin fans demanding yet more games in their beloved franchise.

You monsters. 😭

We'll get another Pikmin. Don't worry. We'll get one. Nintendo loves the franchise way too much to let it fizzle.
Ha. Oh believe me id much rather see a new sin and punishment or f zero than pikmin. Although in s&p's case we lost glorious ir pointing... Which sucks for pikmin too come to think of it.

I dunno man, we haven't heard a peep on pikmin in 3 years.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Ha. Oh believe me id much rather see a new sin and punishment or f zero than pikmin. Although in s&p's case we lost glorious ir pointing... Which sucks for pikmin too come to think of it.

I dunno man, we haven't heard a peep on pikmin in 3 years.
You haven't even gotten the inevitable 3DS -> Switch remaster of Hey Pikmin yet. That's probably on the way, too.

Shaqazooloo

Almost 6 actually. And no DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi that doesn't count lol
Hey! Pikmin was released in 2016. You asked if Pikmin was dead and then directly called reference to F-Zero as if Pikmin has gone multiple generations/years without a single game, not even a spin-off. Hell it's only been one (Nintendo) generation, asking if it's dead is pretty premature considering we have multiple series that we haven't gotten a new entry for between generations.

At least Pikmin got a spin-off, so it's not dead.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
They said they were working on it. That's all there is to it. They did the same thing with Pikmin 3 years ago, Miyamoto just said the are working on it and it eventually came out on Wii-U.

Hey! Pikmin was released in 2016. You asked if Pikmin was dead and then directly called reference to F-Zero as if Pikmin has gone multiple generations/years without a single game, not even a spin-off. Hell it's only been one (Nintendo) generation, asking if it's dead is pretty premature considering we have multiple series that we haven't gotten a new entry for between generations.

At least Pikmin got a spin-off, so it's not dead.
Yeah but it's not proper pikmin either and f zero got a nod in Mario kart 8, so its not like they forgot it exists.

I'm definitely not saying pikmin is as dead as f zero but I do wonder.

Shaqazooloo

Yeah but it's not proper pikmin either and f zero got a nod in Mario kart 8, so its not like they forgot it exists.

I'm definitely not saying pikmin is as dead as f zero but I do wonder.
Again though, it's only been one (Nintendo) generation and we already know that they were making it. If the Switch doesn't get an entry, then you should worry, but right now I think it's really premature.

Their was a long gap between Pikmin 2 and 3 as well from what I can recall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom