• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is PSN Down?

Carnby

For the past 24 hours, when ever I have tried to launch the PS Store app, I get the "network unavailable" error.

I have viewed my PS4's internet connection, and I do have a valid IP address (192). I have powered down the PS4, power cycled my wifi router/modem, and the powered up the PS4. The error continues.

Are others currently experiencing difficulty launching the PS Store app?

For the past 24 hours, when ever I have tried to launch the PS Store app, I get the "network unavailable" error.

I have viewed my PS4's internet connection, and I do have a valid IP address (192). I have powered down the PS4, power cycled my wifi router/modem, and the powered up the PS4. The error continues.

I have exactly the same problem. Itis connected to the internet : getting updates download etc, but the psn app says network error. Can't solve it.

Do you get an error code? Googling that might help.

Also some things you could try:

Changing to google DNS

Setting a static IP

Try plugging PS4 directly to modem
If it doesn't work there's something wrong with your PS4 or ISP
If it does work it's probably your router

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That's most likely a local ip (192.168.1.1). It means you have no net connection.
What? How does that make any sense? The vast majority of people using a PS4 will have a local IP, because their router uses NAT to allow them to access the Internet.

Him having a 192-style IP address does not mean he doesn't have a net connection.

To the OP:
What happens under Settings / Network / Test Internet Connection?
Or "View Connection Status", are you getting What's New updates? Do you see friends online?

What kind of router you have? What's your isp?

ReaperXL7

Yes, that is my default gateway address, but the the PS4 has a valid IP address, dot six.

I was having the same issue last night, everything else was working fine except for the store. I tried this morning and the store was working again. I have no idea what happened.

I have an issue ahere the dote says its under maintenance. Has been doing that for the last three days and only on one of my PS3s. The other PS3, PS4 and Vita all work fine. I've tried resetting the modem, restoring sertings to defaul on the ps3 and neither worked. It passes the connection test and online works percectly, its just the store that doesn't.

Maybe it's similar to that? At this point I think I'm going to resort to a full restore and hope that fixes things

Just got my ps4 today and I had the same problem. Updating works, internet works. Only limited to the store.

It seemed to have resolved itself. It just eventually started working. I didn't do anything.

nullpoynter

I'm unable to get to the store as well. I get an error saying the network is unavailable. The connection test works fine though.

djshauny

Banned
Cant play any online games at the moment and its saying i have no ps plus when ive only just purchased a years subscriptionn.

Anyone else having issues?

Kuro

Cant play any online games at the moment and its saying i have no ps plus when ive only just purchased a years subscriptionn.

Anyone else having issues?

I get an error anytime I try to access the Library or PS Store. Its really weird. Just started happening today.

btkadams

I can login and do party chat, but I can't get into any online games. I can sometimes open the PS store but get a maintenece error when I try to buy or download anything. Annoying!

AlexM

I've been having spotty service the last 2 days. For instance netflix will stop and psn will sign out. I thought maybe it was my network/wifi but if I put my laptop next to my ps3 and connect it to the TV netflix runs perfectly.

Also when I log onto the playstation store website to pick up the new PS+ games it logs me out after about 30 seconds or so saying it had some authentication issues.

I'm in westcoast Canada btw

Europe here. got booted out of a Ghosts match earlier and couldn't get back on. Now it tells me I need ps+ to play online (which I have). Can't get online in bf4 either.

Nags

Banned
Just logged off 30 min ago and can't get back on now. I'm guessing if you have been logged in since before the outage, you are probably fine.

EDIT: Have only tried BF4 and cant seem to get into mp.

Flandy

It's up for me right now but I might have signed in before it went down for maintenance. Normally when you're on before the maintenance starts you get to stay on unless you log out

Donos

I constantly get signed out out of the web psn store with an error message. When i sign in, it takes 2-3 seconds till it boots me out again.

I've been kicked from the store on PS3 twice today after getting a "Network unavailable" message :/

No such issues on Vita/PS4 stores either. I just went and bought my stuff on the webstore instead. Using that PS3 store anymore just isn't worth it even under ideal circumstances.

Top Bottom