• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Rayman 4 a party game ?

AniHawk said:
This information was in Nintendo Power a month ago.

Yes it was, but the confirmation that it was a total party game didn't seemed really explicit to me, at least, based on the informations from Nintendo Power I saw back then.

Aurora

gutter_trash said:
*bolded words I did not understand*
[translation]

The game is composed of TWO main modes.
First the story mode, wich is organised of FIFTEEN days (virtuals, duh).
Each day, you start in your cell. At first, she woud verry glauque!
Since you geôle, you can pass by the arena of rabbits, where you await the challenges.
You will try FIVE mini games per day: FOUR challenges and one type of boss.
The more and more you succeed, the more the rabbits will apreciate you and offer you objects of comfort for your cell (DON'T ASk!).
You can unlock idiot bonuses like ringards costumes and disco music. When in the 2nd world, you are permitted to simply replay de mini-games freely, single of even better, multi-player!
Just to add my contribution. Ringards means something to the effect of "lame", "cheesy" or "old-fashioned". So in this context they are saying that you can unlock bonuses such as "cheesy costumes".

Wow, the fact that they were going to make a classic platformer and changed to this, just wow. There are so few good 3D platformers these days as it is.

SantaC

Stormbringer said:
Wait...And how can you confirm that exactly ? Do you have some kind of sources or what ?

He is french. Ubisoft is french. He works for a french newssite. He has sources indeed.

Cdammen

Rats... I was expecting a weird platformer/adventure game :(

No buy! I'd rather wait for:

logo_wwsm.png

I see. So yeah, the doubters can't avoid the inevitable truth anymore : Rayman 4 will be one of these goddamn party game.
Seriously, personally, I think I, too, will have to wait and see how this turns out. If the 1-player Mode really worth it, with in addition a nice bonus multiplayer mode, then I'm totally in. Hopefully, I won't have to avoid this game, because I really, really want to enjoy it. It looks so fun ! :(

Aurora said:
Just to add my contribution. Ringards means something to the effect of "lame", "cheesy" or "old-fashioned". So in this context they are saying that you can unlock bonuses such as "cheesy costumes".

yay, I learned a new word!

the French I learned is in Quebec, Canada.
probably some words like ''ringards'' aren't used often here, hey would do I know, my first language isn't French, it's not even English either.
I learned English from Cookie Monster, Grover and Oscar The Grouch.

Damn. DAMN. I have no interest in playing Rayman-themed mini-games. What really sold me initially was the Ancel quality, which translates well to platforming games. But if I have to trudge through a bunch of mini-games coated in the generic Rayman gloss I think I'll pass.

Top Bottom