• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is refusing to sleep with a trans person Transphobic? (BBC Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

It appears the BBC has taken a chance and published a rather... unique article by there standards, its quite a long read too with plenty of people weighing in.

It appears that this issue is slowly bubbling to the surface after near a decade of getting a free pass within the progressive community. While the article is written from a lesbians point of view it can quite easily apply to any strait man or woman who does not feel comfortable sleeping with a trans person of the now opposite sex.

However we don't have nearly as much "diversity points" to have us taken seriously on this matter so I can see why they went with this angle.

I will put my cards on the table, I am strait and I am white, and I can say with confidence I would not sleep knowingly with a trans person, I don't date women to then have to cross swords in the bedroom once the pants come off. However as stated in this article some people regard this as transphobic, but in the same vein I won't sleep with a ugly, overly pungent women either... so is having a "type" seen as an ism these days because I won't sleep with someone who looks and smells like a barn animal? And how far can you stretch that within the progressive space before it becomes an issue?

It appears to be a question of "your rights last up until they infringe on my rights" however its being forced over onto people who do not want it against their will.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Oh boy, this article is something:

Jennie is a lesbian woman. She says she is only sexually attracted to women who are biologically female and have vaginas. She therefore only has sex and relationships with women who are biologically female.
Jennie doesn't think this should be controversial, but not everyone agrees. She has been described as transphobic, a genital fetishist, a pervert and a "terf" - a trans exclusionary radical feminist.
For someone that full transitioned this can already be a slippery-slope argument, but how can anyone defend lesbian women being harassed for not willing to take a D? They are lesbians, that's the whole fucking point.

Several people got in touch with me to say there was a "huge problem" for lesbians, who were being pressured to "accept the idea that a penis can be a female sex organ".
Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It certainly is an interesting debate. I wouldn't sleep with a trans woman. I'm not transphobic by any stretch, but I'm only attracted to natural born women. It's not a "type", it's just that I'm biologically wired to only want to have sex with biological women. If that makes me a bigot in the eyes of the far-left attack dogs then so be it.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Yes, it is. Because if you can‘t spot a trans women/men at first glance you are a retard and who should have known what‘s coming long before you see the dick or the vagina.

I‘ve been to Asia, have seen the lady boys and could spot them from a mile away.

If a guy manages to convince me that he is a women I‘d probably fuck him out of sheer respect.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

It's a tricky one to navigate, for sure. Thankfully it is none of my business. Perhaps all these horny pansexual people could join one of those old school free love cults with the orange robes and not have to deal with red lights.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Divide and conquer...

As a gay man, I am now a bigot if I express my exclusive attraction to only masculine figures with functional male privates... Yay!

It's so bad now that even the LGBT+100 groups are turning on each other.

You know I tottaly forgot to include the Gay men in who this article could apply to, its almost like this is an issue that effects everyone no matter their sexual preferences.... because of course having a preference at all seems to be the issue.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Article has just hit Resetera. Invest now in in the screencaps market for lOLs.

giphy.gif

Star-Lord

Oh, this is gonna be good.

giphy.gif
So far the entire thread is basically this:

FittingFastAardvark-size_restricted.gif

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I heard JK Rowling watches the BBC, it's like Fox news for the Brits. They love it so much they pay a subscription fee to watch it by law!
Law? Fox News? Subscription?

No one likes the BBC :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They can suck my female organ if they think i'm giving them money. Been about three years now.

This topic is one of the most gaslighting issues around.

A penis is a female sex organ?
...ummm, no its not.

Being turned on by a particular set of sex organs is human and natural. There is nothing wrong with having a preference and it boggles my mind that people could ever argue anything different. Fuck these gaslighting looneys.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
No one likes the BBC :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I think he was joking by having a comment sounding like how the nut jobs will just say the BBC is the same as Fox News so they can hand wave the article away without trying to understand it.

Also I have come to the realisation if no one likes the BBC because its upsetting both the right wing who say the BBC is leftist drivel and the left don't like it because they see it as a Tory right wing instrument, dousent they prove its impartiality on subjects? If both left and right wing are both arguing something is not left or right wing enough at the same time surely that means it's slap bang in the middle.

Last edited:

I don't believe this article is anti trans. I believe even giving a platform to the question is harmfull to naturally born women. If there is an issue with trans rapists then have the big beautiful male balls to put that in the headline.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

giphy.gif
Post of the year.

I'm about read this entire article.

cormack12

Gold Member
No, of course it isn't.

I don't date girls who are bigger than dress size 12 or who don't shave their puss. Pubes are like broccoli and I ain't pushing anything to the side of the plate before eating. That's my choice and it limits who I find attractive but I'm gonna enjoy who I date/fuck.

Trans people have undergone a surgical procedure (well that used to be true, these days you can say your trans and only shave half your head and dye the remaining hair) to allow them to live as the opposite sex. Whether that's because of gender dysphoria or anything else is immaterial as far I am concerned. You want to live as a woman and put that effort in, power to you. I'll respect that and address you as a woman etc. but I'm just not going to be interested in you sexually. Just like I wouldn't date anyone who was disabled mentally or physically - not likening them btw, just using as an example of lines in the sand for me.

Tams

Yes, and we're allowed to be whatever-phobic.* ** I don't want to have sex with a tranny and no one is going to force me to.

*for now at least. **phobias regarding sexuality having been bent completely from what the term actually means

Fucking clown world.

Last edited:

plushyp

I think he was joking by having a comment sounding like how the nut jobs will just say the BBC is the same as Fox News so they can hand wave the article away without trying to understand it.

Also I have come to the realisation if no one likes the BBC because its upsetting both the right wing who say the BBC is leftist drivel and the left don't like it because they see it as a Tory right wing instrument, dousent they prove its impartiality on subjects? If both left and right wing are both arguing something is not left or right wing enough at the same time surely that means it's slap bang in the middle.
The reason most people dislike BBC is not because of this but due to their tendency to push poor opinion pieces as actual news articles - something that they've been doing for quite a few years now and their schizophrenic choices have created the illusion of them lying in the middle.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Whether it's a minority or not, and I'd like to think it is just a minority, I've seen people say that it is transphobic and it baffles me to no end.

The language used is sneaky. Terms like "Genital preference" are designed to get around the fact that sexual species being male and female and the built in physical attraction we have to the opposite/same sex. To talk about sexual orientation as if it's a preference and that your preference can be transphobic - and therefore wrong - flies in the face of the fight against conversion therapy/camps whose argument is that you can't change the sexual orientation of people.

People who throw accuse people of transphobia left, right, and centre do a disservice to the entire trans umbrella of people and I hope that they eventually come to terms with their status and realise how wrong they are.

Ballthyrm

I could get behind the whole your sex isn't your gender thing.
But calling yourself Female which is a sex term instead of a woman which is a gender term makes no sense.

Almost by definition you are Trans if your sex and your gender don't match.
Just like you don't get to choose your gender, you don't get to choose your chromosomes, sorry.

So you can be a "girl who has a penis" but you are definitevely male. (XY , it's in every cell of your body, literally)

Trans “women” are males, so of course lesbians don’t want to sleep with them. This is another example of why changing words might make things confusing, but reality stays the same. Calling a man a woman does not make him one. And mutilating someone’s genitals to be an approximation of the opposite sex isn’t appealing to 99.9% of the population. At some point, we are going to step back from allowing the absolute crazies to dictate rules for society based on their mental illness.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
No- It is not inherently transphobic or fetishistic to have a preference of sex, gender, genitalia, race, or anything else in a sexual partner.

It certainly IS indicative of narcissism and an unearned sense of entitlement for someone to demand people be interested in dating or having sex with them.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
No- It is not inherently transphobic or fetishistic to have a preference of sex, gender, genitalia, race, or anything else in a sexual partner.

It certainly IS indicative of narcissism and an unearned sense of entitlement for someone to demand people be interested in dating or having sex with them.

Well said.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I could get behind the whole your sex isn't your gender thing.
But calling yourself Female which is a sex term instead of a woman which is a gender term makes no sense.

Almost by definition you are Trans if your sex and your gender don't match.
Just like you don't get to choose your gender, you don't get to choose your chromosomes, sorry.

So you can be a "girl who has a penis" but you are definitevely male. (XY , it's in every cell of your body, literally)
The way I see it is that transsexuals undergo the transition from one sex to another, (side note: some transitions can be amazing and you'd never know the difference, the human body is fascinating), but you have to accept when you make the transition that you can't be trans without crossing over. In a way you're physically a hybrid of the two sexes (moreso if you don't have bottom surgery), and part of that is accepting that people aren't necessarily wired to want that. If you've got straights, gays, and lesbians all saying you're in the wrong, it's time to reconsider your argument.

This was the whole point of the "Super Straight/Gay/Lesbian" thing earlier this year. It was brushed off as a transphobic attack, but unfortunately it does happen.

But like I said before, I think it's a minority within a minority of people who think that way. I would even hazard a guess that people don't even always mean it when they say it, they're just hurt from being rejected and what they see as a rejection of them as their true self and thus another hurdle to the acceptance they hope for - it's an emotional response. It certainly isn't a logical one.

Last edited:

trikster40

The word “phobic” gets thrown around way too much these days. Not wanting to sleep with a trans person is not done out of fear, so quit trying to label people as such.

now, when trans people start looking like spiders, you can definitely label me “transphobic”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom