• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is refusing to sleep with a trans person Transphobic? (BBC Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGiRanger

Banned
Yes, it is. Because if you can‘t spot a trans women/men at first glance you are a retard and who should have known what‘s coming long before you see the dick or the vagina.

I‘ve been to Asia, have seen the lady boys and could spot them from a mile away.

If a guy manages to convince me that he is a women I‘d probably fuck him out of sheer respect.
Japan got you covered.

I do feel though a lot of these trans-trenders sadly are deluded into thinking they can come close to these levels of fantasy.

77296-madden-nfl-2005-playstation-2-back-cover.png

Tschumi

I came here to be pretty definitive, but I just feel like I can't do it as such. I have to be case-by-case about it. I mean in every case I'll go with a girl, but have I batted 1.000 on that?

I can think of the women I've slept with one or two who may have not been 100% XX, or whatever you might call it. A white girl (my only ever) whose anatomy was so unusual for me I could hardly see it (you know, the brain edits out stuff it doesn't recognize the first few times you look at it), and a very skinny individual when i was 17 or something.

So have I already bedded a transsexual?

I don't know.

Do I hold anything against people who maybe didn't know? or were perhaps ashamed to say that, although they had a functioning woman's anatomy they also had to shave quite often?

Fuck no.

If I had a choice, would I choose a woman over a transsexual?

Well, I'm married to a woman, so there's your answer.

I'm sorry, this kinda shit isn't black and white. Very little is. I'm not gonna act like I liked any of the bullshit that was said on the politics forum last year.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I came here to be pretty definitive, but I just feel like I can't do it as such. I have to be case-by-case about it. I mean in every case I'll go with a girl, but have I batted 1.000 on that?

I can think of the women I've slept with one or two who may have not been 100% XX, or whatever you might call it. A white girl (my only ever) whose anatomy was so unusual for me I could hardly see it (you know, the brain edits out stuff it doesn't recognize the first few times you look at it), and a very skinny individual when i was 17 or something.

I don't know.

Do I hold anything against people who maybe didn't know? or were perhaps ashamed to say that, although they had a functioning woman's anatomy they also had to shave quite often?

Fuck no.

I'm sorry, this kinda shit isn't black and white. Very little is. I'm not gonna act like I liked any of the bullshit that was said on the politics forum last year.

Jaysen

Banned

I don't know.

Fuck no.

You had to make the actual choice?

cr0w

Old Member
Man, this sounds like straight up incel talk to be honest. Feeling entitled to sex or attraction and attacking anyone who doesn't cave to your demands is a slippery slope.

It's almost like a bunch of incels who hate women decided one day that their best route to getting laid was to become women themselves and then shout down anyone who calls them out on their bullshit as a bigot or transphobe, especially when that person is a biological woman. I wonder why their wrath is almost solely focused on that particular segment of society?

Ionian

Surprisingly that dopey mod from Era whos stupid post was quoted earlier is getting quite a bit of push-back.

It's unusally refreshing. Not able to screenshot right now but worth having a look at the thread. I expected far worse but it seems most posters are being reasonable. Pretty shocking.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Call me transphobic.

As if I want to date or sleep with a dude pretending to be a woman. Lifts their skirt and see a schlong. Or a born woman who dresses and acts like a man.

No thanks. But if you're born and act like a woman, I'm in.

Same goes for super waify or fat women. Not into them. If that makes me waifphobic or fatphobic go ahead, call me that.

I'm not changing because a bunch of losers cant get laid and need to shame people into saying yes.

Fbh

It's the usual hypocrisy of radical beliefs, it's usually not "I'm fundamentally against X" but rather "I'm only against X as long as it doesn't benefit me".

"Pressuring someone into having sex is bad"
"Pressuring someone into performing sexual acts they don't like or don't feel comfortable with is bad"
"Thinking that you are entitled to everyone wanting to sleep with you is bad"
"....unless you are trans"

They'll cheer for the same shit they were condemning a second ago depending on who they are talking about.

Tschumi

My earlier post was on the general question, looking back at my own experiences.

But no, I would not enjoy having someone getting indignant at me for my preferences.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Did Owen Jones even read the article? Nothing suggested the women were anti-trans at all. They were just giving they're stories. The article even has the input from trans people.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's crazy. The LGB community never forced straight men to have sex with gay men. But now the LGBT community is forcing lesbian women to have sex with trans women. What an insane turn of events.

Ballthyrm

How many of these people willingly admit to have been sexually abused is frightening.
Maybe they should question how it affected their views on sex and how it differs from the majority point of view.

You can't have a good understanding of normal cisgender relation when you yourself never experienced it.
So they expect the majority to take them at their word but are unwilling to afford other people the same right.

I just don't get it.
Live and let live, is that so complicated.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
The BBC only cares because it affects women and can be framed as an issue affecting women and a section of the LGBT community. Given that the issue also affects straight people and gay men it's telling that they only see fit to focus the issue on how it affects women who at least tick one of the safety boxes.

As for the issue - it's a hypocritical double standard.

Trans-person wants to date/have sexual goings on with someone based upon their sexual preferences but wish to deny the object of their attraction that same choice and right to sexual preference.

What's really tricky is if this thinking gets traction and becomes the ideologically accepted view. See, if that were the case then it undermines decades of LGB efforts to gain acceptance on grounds that a persons sexuality and sexual preferences are not a choice and should be respected. Gay, bisexual and all of the others become irrelevant and a label of discrimination, bigotry and phobia if sexual preferences are seen as discrimination against another person.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How many of these people willingly admit to have been sexually abused is frightening.
Maybe they should question how it affected their views on sex and how it differs from the majority point of view.

You can't have a good understanding of normal cisgender relation when you yourself never experienced it.
So they expect the majority to take them at their word but are unwilling to afford other people the same right.

I just don't get it.
Live and let live, is that so complicated.
Problem with the trans community who are vocal is that the majority of people out there are straight and simply just live life as they do and not really give a shit about other sexes, genders or whatever. It's not that they dont care and hope they jump off a bridge, it's just that it doesn't pertain to them wo why would anyone care? It's more of an indifference thing. I work at a finance job doing spreadsheets all day. Do people want me lecturing them on taking a business career and love it? Dont think so. People do what they want. If someone is religious, does anyone want other religion people promoting their religion in their face? Probably not. Believe in whichever one you want.

Only a portion of society is LBGT. And out of that portion, only a tiny number are trans. Is it even 1%?

Out of the portion who are not the typical cis straight person, there's so many combinations, xxx-sexual, yyy-sexual, zzz-sexual, the vast majority of people like dont give a shit. You do what you do, but dont expect people to go out of their way and memorize a dictionary. And if we dont like a guy who acts female but has a 10 inch wang, too bad. I dont like butchy women either who have the parts of a woman but act and dress like Paul Bunyan.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Some day a trans woman is going to come to me and ask me if they should be really pushy or not when pursuing a potential cis lesbian paramour, and I need to do enough research on BBC.co.uk and theguardian.com to be ready for that day. If I didn't know terms like "cotton ceiling" I would be totally lost. This is a hot button issue for me.

It would be helpful to remember that a certain subsection of the trans community are entitled jerks who want to dictate the behavior of everyone else. You have to call them what they want, even when referring to them in the third person. They should be allowed to use facilities set aside for others because that’s what they want. They want children’s minds to be warped with the delusions they subscribe to. They want to control the behavior of others up to and including the sexual desires of others.

It all stems from the same place. Selfishness. There is a very vocal part of that community that is completely and totally self centered. They will punish people who don’t subscribe to their insane ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom