• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is Ryan Coogler the director of our generation?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
this generation's Spielberg

he is 3 for 3, 3 masterpieces

Fruitvale Statin, Creed and Black Panther, just imagine what he will do in decades

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Fruitvale Statin, Creed and Black Panther, just imagine what he will do in decades
He's very good but comparing him to Spielberg after only 3 movies is a little premature.

And black panther isn't out so it's impossible to call it a masterpiece yet.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
No, because Spielberg, Lucas and the others worked against the system first. That is why during that time they were most creative.

Of course, they were also responsible in a way for the studio system we have now. But you can not compare that to anything now.

pramod

Banned
I thought Creed was only average?

Edit: nm i guess it was pretty good. Stallone actually got an Oscar nom for it? Holy crap

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
You are not a real poster are you? All of your topics are like some weird parody or something, from Black Panther vs T2, to No Guns in Red Dead 2 because Africans think they are primitive weapons...it's like you are trying to show that black people are dumb or something. It's weak and no one is biting.

God Enel

Yo dude I love your threads and think they are quite funny with the reactions and shit But what she up with your black panther obsession. Really curious about it.
The film releases over here in three days and I'm gonna watch it sometime at the end of February.

Maybe you should do a black panther OT mate.

Personally I haven't seen any of the three films mentioned. Though I heard the first two are pretty good flicks. But Spielberg yo. I think his prime is long gone and his newer films are okay and nothing special anymore. So maybe you have somehow a point. :)

highrider

Banned
Creed and Fruitvale Station are good films, neither is a masterpiece by any stretch imo. But he’s a relatively new director.

Last edited:

Mahadev

Wow, couldn't have said it better myself!

Black Panther open in theaters February 16. The official trailer is here!

You can buy our I mean the movie's official merchanise from Target or order online from Amazon!

Last edited:

Mahadev

For more news on movies and merch just like that and geek™ culture news in general don't hesitate to follow the Nerd Crew podcast, it's a podcast series that objectively and objectively takes a look at all things geek™ and nerd™. These are the first two of our I mean their podcasts!

I've never heard of Fruitvale. I heard Creed was good, but havent seen it yet. I dont trust the critics on Black Panther yet, because of how political it seems to be.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

Yes seems like hes trying to get attention on black panther one step down from threads like these.

"GO SEE BLACK PANTHER, ITS THE BEST MOVIE EVER AND BUY IT ON 4K BLU RAY AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT IT.......

Apoc seems like an internet markerter.

Instead of spamming up the board with threads like these,
Perhaps Apoc should make the black panther OT , where he can share his brilliant black panther ideas until his heart is content.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Don’t feed the troll, guys. He’s trying to fill the void of unfunny randomness that blame space left behind.

Razorback

I would say he's more our generations Stanley Kubrick actually. Masterfull work not often appreciated by the unwashed masses. Spielberg and Cameron aren't even in the same category as Rian Cooger. 👌👌👌

Folks complain about "yet another" thread, but don't bother to make their own.

I mean, it's possible that he could be this gen's best director. Is Tarantino last gens?

grumpyGamer

Sorry man, but you need a lot more to beat a Spielberg and Cameron, besides i will wait for Black Panther to come out before i judge it as a master piece

Hissing Sid

Ok so I saw the thread and being a bit out of the loop with modern film I thought, who the hell is Ryan Coogler?

And then I saw the thread authors name.

And then I didn’t have to use Google.

I didn’t have to confer with my Wife.

Phoning a friend was not required.

I didn’t even have to open the thread.

I suddenly knew exactly which recent movie Ryan Coogler had directed.

It just came to me, just like that.

Out of nowhere.

Totally like, uncanny.

black_13

Banned
Yes he's already the greatest director of all time with just three movies. Surely his quality won't go down at all after Black Panther.

ZehDon

Gold Member
fa4.jpg

Top Bottom