• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Sega getting ready to announce Valkyria Chronicles 3?

Tailzo

Hope you're right. I want a Valkyria 3, even if I haven't got Valkyria 2 yet. I wonder what platform it will be on. I love portable games, but I also wouldn't mind a new HD one.

edit: Scary how many people hate VC2 being on a handheld! I'd love VC3 for 3DS.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If I'm reading that right, they seem to have registered it back on May 31st.

While I find the concept of a Valkyria 3 pretty likely, this doesn't seem to point to an immediate reveal.

duckroll

Nirolak said:
If I'm reading that right, they seem to have registered it back on May 31st.

While I find the concept of a Valkyria 3 pretty likely, this doesn't seem to point to an immediate reveal.

TGS is next month.

Omiee

oh pleaseee make it trueee, please be trueeee.
and fuck 3DS or wii or what ever, this has to come to PS3

biocat

I skipped 2 because it wasn't very... enjoyable. The small maps kind of ruined it for me. Also, I don't know if it was just the demo version I was playing, but it felt way too easy.

Bring on 3 on PS3!

AniHawk

I see no reason why it wouldn't be a PSP game unless they are banking on it selling really well in America.

EDIT: Oh right, it could be on the 3DS maybe. Somehow I get the idea that it's a franchise supported by Sony though.

Oh god yes!

I hope it is on the PS3, I dont mind the PSP and Im waiting for the 2nd at the end of this month, but I want a new HD title and japanese voices fo most of the conversations :p

Tensai

Banned
I can't believe people are actually clamoring for a 3DS or PSP game. I really miss full and induvidually voiced characters, massive battlefields that aren't split, dual language options and HD graphics.

It's either PS3 or bust. If it comes out on 3DS or PSP or Wii I really hope it flops so that they won't repeat the same mistake three times in a row.

Tensai said:
I can't believe people are actually clamoring for a 3DS or PSP game. It's either PS3 or bust. I really miss full and induvidually voiced characters, massive battlefields that aren't split, dual language options and HD graphics.

Look at it this way: It's portable or it is not happening due to development costs and the game likely bombing at retail.

Omiee

the beauty of this game was not only the story and gameplay but it was that art style and graphics, so they have to put it on PS3, and i hope ps3 only but if they bring it on pc as well i might get the ps3 version.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Regulus Tera said:
Valkyria Chronicles 3D

3DS or PS3's fine, but it has to jump out at you.

Now that i think of it - 3DS would be kinda cool with the touchscreen... but i think its too soon to put those kind of game on 3DS, especially since everyone was begging for a ps3 return.

Tensai

Banned
Vinterbird said:
Look at it this way: It's portable or it is not happening due to development costs and the game likely bombing at retail.
Hasn't the first game sold nearly a million units? It also has a much bigger fanbase now due to increased word of mouth, a PSP sequel, a manga and an anime so at this point if they want the franchise to grow they'll need a PS3 game as I'm sure the majority of people buying VC2 on PSP played the game on PS3 first.

Xater

I would prefer a PS3 title but would be fine with 3DS. I'm just not on board with another PSP title because I have sold the thing in preperation for the 3DS.

I know it's elfish but whatever. ;)

mello

Vinterbird said:

This is quite a stretch.

Edit: beaten

Rad-

Tensai said:
Hasn't the first game sold nearly a million units? It also has a much bigger fanbase now due to increased word of mouth, a PSP sequel, a manga and an anime so at this point if they want the franchise to grow they'll need a PS3 game as I'm sure the majority of people buying VC2 on PSP played the game on PS3 first.

No...

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
This is Sega we're talking about so it will somehow be on the very platform you dont want it to be on, switching platforms on a bias by bias basis.

duckroll

They have so many fun possibilities with this number!

Valkyria Chronicles PS3
Valkyria Chronicles 3D
Valkyria Chronicles 360
Valkyria Chronicles 3DS
Valkyria Chronicles 3G

:lol

Dascu

duckroll said:
They have so many fun possibilities with this number!

Valkyria Chronicles PS3
Valkyria Chronicles 3D
Valkyria Chronicles 360
Valkyria Chronicles 3DS
Valkyria Chronicles 3G

:lol
Valkyria Chronicles Thrii

El-Suave

I would want this on PS3 (and 360?) as well. If they must, they can skip the dubbing and go with English subtitles again.

duckroll

Kyoufu said:
Japan is the only region the game has a chance of selling over 100k. Why would they do that to themselves? lol

Why would you say that? Pretty sure the original sold over 100k in the US too.

Gouty said:
This is Sega we're talking about so it will somehow be on the very platform you dont want it to be on, switching platforms on a bias by bias basis.
iPhone and DS version confirmed!

Dreamcast 3D believe!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Pretty cool, i remember being worried about possibly of this game never getting a sequel. Now it seems like it might get a third title.:lol

There's a Valkyria Chronicles 2?
e6r243.gif

Top Bottom