• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Silent Hills a multiplatform title?

Biker19

Banned
DQ8 and FF12 HD I see. FF Dissidia is my bet and I hope the SEGA game is from the team that brought VC, Sakura Wars, Skies.

10 sounds really interesting.

2015/2016 are looking to be the best years in gaming ever and yeah I agree. I am really astounded by the support PS4 has been getting, especially from the Japanese 3rd parties. So much better than the PS3.

I definitely agree. :)

Don't believe you on Xenosaga HD though... unless it's Wii U only anyways...

Nintendo may have owned Monolith Soft, but Namco-Bandai owns the Xenosaga IP, & they can easily have the games ported over to PS4 if they want.

Not sure what this video is referring to at all.

Best guess?

First word in the title? Serge.
-Chrono Cross main character.

Second word in title? Gainsbourg
-Aeries from FF7 last name. Also goes by Gainsborough though.

So I'll let you guys fill in the blanks.

Read the lyrics son: I'm coming home, im coming home, tell the world I'm coming home.

Sciortino

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

A DIssidia FF for current gen consoles???

Elandyll

Banned
I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

That's a nice little Christmas present Verendus. Thanks :)

As per #8, this is all I have to say:

NewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChroniclesNewValkyriaChronicles

Please Sega :)

Verendus

Banned
Can you give just a tad bit more info on this? Who is developing it? What genre is it?
No developer, since then it's very obvious what I'm referring to. It's action adventure.

Verendus, FFXII HD will be announced beforr FFXV releases?
I'd imagine so. I haven't really had anything noteworthy on FFXV for a very long time. But I would imagine FFXII HD gets announced prior to that game's release regardless, same as the DQ stuff.

This sounds like some real fanfic tier horse shit you're selling here Verendus... and yet these teases of yours usually end up having just enough truth to them that you're technically being truthful as well(FFVII PS4, DQ coming back to Playstation, etc). God damn you... now I'll be wondering where the sting in the tail is regarding VF and Suikoden for at least another year :mad:

Anyways, I'm guessing 2 is a Batman vs Superman tie in game and 9 is Rise of the Tomb Raider. Don't believe you on Xenosaga HD though... unless it's Wii U only anyways...
It does, doesn't it? That's the art of it.

I'd imagine so. I haven't really had anything noteworthy on FFXV for a very long time. But I would imagine FFXII HD gets announced prior to that game's release regardless, same as the DQ stuff.

Guess they're waiting for the ps4 version of the Final Fantasy X HD to release for first.

Biker19

Banned
It's not like anyone has a PS3 anymore so who really cares if they get it too? What's important is that PS4 gets it, that's the only noteworthy part.

Not to mention that PS3 is very old as dirt, & that more people are picking up PS4's & are paying more attention to them now than they are with PS3's.

Bloodrage

Banned
Sony went and made the best teaser ever made for this game, which leads me to believe they must have some kind of agreement in the works with Konami. If not, why bother?

I wouldn't mind if the game was PS4 exclusive. I grew up playing Silent Hill on PlayStation and wouldn't play it on any other platform either way. Besides that, I want the game to look as good and be as polished as possible.

Would be a huge exclusive to have, sure, but I doubt it will happen.

Grief.exe

I would honestly prefer a localized HD version of Dragon Quest 5-PS2 over DQ8.

Dragon Quest 5 is the far, far better game.

Square probably considers DQV redundant at this point.

They already did DQ ports of IV/V/VI on DS, a console with a far larger install base than PS4/XBO, not to mention a propensity for that genre, and they still underperformed in Square's eyes.

Just picked them up at Gamestop!

ksP24ta.jpg

They already did DQ ports of IV/V/VI on DS, a console with a far larger install base than PS4/XBO, not to mention a propensity for that genre, and they still underperformed in Square's eyes.

ksP24ta.jpg

Damn those GameStop used prices.

Those games are years old, lol.

Glad I kept mine, I guess.

BumRush

I really hope it is.

I never plan to buy a X1 but I hate to see people without a PS4 miss out on 3rd party exclusives. Whatever Sony 1st party studios make? Sure, of course I want them to stay exclusive, and that's why I chose Sony over MS (their 1st party studios do more for me). But if EA, Konami, Ubi, etc. go exclusive on a game, that just sucks for consumers.

Wtf Verendus, spilling the beans like that. Is that our Christmas present?

OT: Why would Sony want another horror exclusive when they already have two? Until Dawn and apparently Bend's game.

You are right... I suppose :(

Great selection you have there, I still need to buy DQ IV .

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf Verendus, spilling the beans like that. Is that our Christmas present?

OT: Why would Sony want another horror exclusive when they already have two? Until Dawn and apparently Bend's game.

One can never have enough horror games after such a drought.

Castef

Banned
9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

Isn't this one Far Cry 4?

Grief.exe

Damn those GameStop used prices.

Those games are years old, lol.

Glad I kept mine, I guess.

You are right... I suppose :(

Great selection you have there, I still need to buy DQ IV .

Gamestop is essentially the only place to get those Dragon Quest games as they did a reprint. Check prices elsewhere and they are absurd.

I just took advantage of their B2G21 to grab some of the last titles to complete my DS collection. Ghost Trick is about all I need going forward.

Yeas goddamnit I demand it to be! Though it doesn't really matter to me because this or Uncharted 4 will be the reason I purchase a Playstation 4.

No developer, since then it's very obvious what I'm referring to. It's action adventure.

It does, doesn't it? That's the art of it.

Thats the beauty of it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

So you basically just copied what ToraShiro said.

Ok.

Rajang

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

This post got me more excited than most events that happend this past year. Holy shit.

Verendus

Banned
So you basically just copied what ToraShiro said.

Ok.
Did he mention that MGS4 might be coming too? Why don't you ask for comments on the next two Metal Gear games on home consoles from him? As well as their plans to potentially revive another old Konami IP that's been on the backburner for about a decade now? It'll be good if you do me this favour. I'll make sure to copy what he says on that too since I can time travel. I learnt this skill whilst watching Terminator.

Bousf

I came here hoping to find out if Silent Hills is a multiplatform title. I'm staying because of Verendus hinting them bombs, gotta love when this happens.

I'm not going to try and guess those hints because I'm sure they're a looooong shot lol

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point.

This has to be kind of an early Christmas present for me, XII HD on PS4 would be pretty awesome.

In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

Praying for Vita qualifying as console here from this point till that game comes out.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Did he mention that MGS4 might be coming too? Why don't you ask for comments on the next two Metal Gear games on home consoles from him? As well as their plans to potentially revive another old Konami IP that's been on the backburner for about a decade now? It'll be good if you do me this favour. I'll make sure to copy what he says on that too since I can time travel. I learnt this skill whilst watching Terminator.

Dude everyone could say that, of course after MGR, GZ and TPP they want to bring the rest of the series on PC too, including MGS4. News at 11.

The MGS series is one of the biggest flagships of Konami so of course the series will continue. I don't need to be an "insider" so say this. If you want to tease you gotta give us a bit more.

I don't know if it's going to be exclusive or not,
my bets are on it being a PS4 exclusive of some sorts
but I just wanted to say that it was the most terrifying thing I have ever played.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
what do you know about the new VF game? is it VF6 or something else entirely? AM2 developing? what kinda timeframe are we talking?

I've been waiting for this for a long time

Verendus you are the Terminator.

CRACRU2.gif

Rajang

Fox Engine was developed to make multiplatform game development very easy. So ofcourse Silent Hills will be on PC (and Xbox One).

DieH@rd

Banned

app.gif

Mifec

Mfw when none of this means anything to me since only the MGS part refers to PC. Feels bad mengs.

Top Bottom