• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Silent Hills a multiplatform title?

Verendus

Banned
Dude everyone could say that, of course after MGR, GZ and TPP they want to bring the rest of the series on PC too, including MGS4. News at 11.

The MGS series is one of the biggest flagships of Konami so of course the series will continue. I don't need to be an "insider" so say this. If you want to tease you gotta give us a bit more.
If it's so obvious, I wonder why I'd need to copy someone who likely never learns of anything until they're already well underway. I did acknowledge that it's obvious news in the post itself. I'm sensing some hidden feelings of anger here, and it must be stemming from something. Did I do something to you? You can be honest with me, by the way. I may not have intentionally stolen your cookies.

Dude everyone could say that, of course after MGR, GZ and TPP they want to bring the rest of the series on PC too, including MGS4. News at 11.

The MGS series is one of the biggest flagships of Konami so of course the series will continue. I don't need to be an "insider" so say this. If you want to tease you gotta give us a bit more.
What more?

Did you somehow skipped all the info from the other teases? He teased far more than a simple MGS PC port info. Don't be focused on that one part.

Edit: And people need to be realistic here. While I am not doubting Verendus, insider stuff is never concrete as things tend to change all the time in the gaming industry. So just don't get your hopes up for most of the stuff. Keep your expectations realistic.

Things like FF XII HD, MGS PC ports are definitely happening at a point in the future. So is is nice to hear a rumor about them coming soon. Dragon Quest port might be the iPhone port of Dragon Quest 8 to current generation, I suppose.

Bloodrage

Banned

Good job conveniently ignoring the rest of his teases to support your argument.

New's at 11 he just gave us 12 snippets of info and you have the audacity to say this. Do your eyes just see MGS and ignore everything else.

What more?

Did you somehow skipped all the info from the other teases? He teased far more than a simple MGS PC port info. Don't be focused on that one part.

Edit: And people need to be realistic here. While I am not doubting Verendus, insider stuff is never concrete as things tend to change all the time in the gaming industry. So just don't get your hopes up for most of the stuff. Keep your expectations realistic.

Things like FF XII HD, MGS PC ports are definitely happening at a point in the future. So is is nice to hear a rumor about them coming soon. Dragon Quest port might be the iPhone port of Dragon Quest 8 to current generation, I suppose.

But Xenosaga

But Xenosaga
Not doubting that Xenosaga HD rumor either. After Harada tweeted about it, I am sure it is happening as well.

New Suikoden is far fetched though. A lot can happen in one whole year (2015) so it is entirely possible that they just cancel it at some point in 2015. Verendus said the earliest they could release info is 2016, which is a long time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If it's so obvious, I wonder why I'd need to copy someone who likely never learns of anything until they're already well underway. I did acknowledge that it's obvious news in the post itself. I'm sensing some hidden feelings of anger here, and it must be stemming from something. Did I do something to you? You can be honest with me, by the way. I may not have intentionally stolen your cookies.

Woah no man, don't get this the wrong way. I have nothing against you. All I'm saying is that information specifically about the MGS series is pretty damn obvious and not really news.

Tora just posed this in the community thread.

To clarify, I meant to imply that the conversation in the future would be between contacts like myself and Robert and our (KONAMI's) fans. Whether or not conversations have happened internally would be confidential info.

What more?

Don't you think there is a reason why I only quoted his MGS part?

Good job conveniently ignoring the rest of his teases to support your argument.

Good job for not understanding why I didn't quote the rest of his post.

New's at 11 he just gave us 12 snippets of info and you have the audacity to say this. Do your eyes just see MGS and ignore everything else.

Read my posts above.

Rajang

No need to attack brother Verendus for giving us a great christmas present.

Also, thanks to him im rocking this amazing avatar. Bless you Verendus.

:<

Verendus

Banned
Woah no man, don't get this the wrong way. I have nothing against you. All I'm saying is that information specifically about the MGS series is pretty damn obvious and not really news.

Tora just posed this in the community thread.
I really am able to time travel! But fair enough on your point.

Durante

SE's PC ports have been pretty shit. Not sure why you would want that.
They are pretty shit and still infinitely better than the console versions.

Also, the port of TLR was great. I think there are pretty fundamental issues with the FF13 engine.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Also, the port of TLR was great. I think there are pretty fundamental issues with the FF13 engine.

Well yeah even XIV 1.0 ran horribly on a high end PC.

Mifec

SE's PC ports have been pretty shit. Not sure why you would want that.

Because spending money on consoles in 2015 is not something I would ever do. I'd be fine with a bare bones FF12 HD that would let me set the resolution to 2560x1440.

If anything I have a feeling Konami is going to focus most of their marketing towards the playstation version of Silent Hills considering the PT demo was only experienced by Playstation owners and by now probably built up considerable hype.

Looking at Verendus' list, number 10 linking to a Bonnie and Clyde soundtrack sounds like a western game so maybe a sequel to Red Dead Redemption? It could also be a co-op game though.

Verendus

Banned
so nothing solid about new VF? :<
I mean, it's a new Virtua Fighter game. I don't know about what exact team is developing, and I'll be honest, I mostly ignore that stuff unless it's really relevant to me. It's Sega as far as I'm concerned. It's not like it's 2018 title though. This is all stuff that's getting announced in 2015 and 2016, so naturally the release shouldn't be too far from when it's officially announced.

Looking at Verendus' list, number 10 linking to a Bonnie and Clyde soundtrack sounds like a western game so maybe a sequel to Red Dead Redemption? It could also be a co-op game though.
Well, friend Strauss Zelnick has already gone on record already saying another Red Dead is coming. You're right the that the game the song hints at is a Western published game, but it's not Red Dead.

Edit:

Oh, you meant western.

Well luckily the main offender of that is now on mobile stuff.
I suspected as much but it is great to hear some confirmation :D

I honestly want to see what kind of magic the PC can conjure up to make the LR port good for the eyes on PC.

It is not the resolution. The game has absolute shit textures at some places, like Resident Evil 6 on high-end PC.

Koozek

I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

iSuDan7QpjLmJ.gif

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

That's is a BIG deal for me. Jesus... Give me more Virtua Fighter SEGA!

And that new IP, I hope that Valkyria team is behind it

system11

This.
There hasn't even been mention of platforms, even PS4. Other than the fact that P.T (which may not even reflect the final game) was available on PS4

I think it's the whole Fox Engine thing - P.T is hopeless, technically. How you can make a corridor simulator that runs at 30fps is beyond even my most cynical expectations. Imagine how bad the XB1 version would have looked if we use MGS5 as a benchmark for differences.

What is going on in this thread? Came in expecting to talk about Silent Hills and everyone's on about Final Fantasy and other rumored games haha

Asd202

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

Why do you do this WHY DO YOU GIVE ME HOPE ONLY TO BE CRUSHED LATER!?

Verendus

Banned
I struggle to believe it. I don't think these 3rd party exclusives are gonna be regular.
Depends on your definition of regular. There are certainly a fair few coming. How many thought Dragon Quest or Street Fighter would end up being exclusive titles for Playstation? Everyone loves to think it's obvious in hindsight, but that's in hindsight. These are major titles for SCE. I'm sure Level 5's title next year is going to surprise a lot of people too. It's not a crazy thing that some of these developers are being approached. If anything, it's one way to help things move in the direction they need to, especially with the ones on the other side of the pond. In the case of developers like Konami, it's also about helping them get a little beyond where they are at the moment. What is the hardware manufacturer after all? It's basically a partner.

This is stuff that happens, and it's going to keep happening. Tomb Raider, for example, is a pretty big title for Microsoft. As is Street Fighter for Playstation. There are going to continue to be deals like these, I'm sure. I can't really speak for Microsoft confidently, but as far as I'm aware, they're quite aggressive at the moment in terms of trying to secure content. I honestly won't be surprised to see them secure more exclusives. It doesn't have to be massive industry titans like Call of Duty, but titles that manage to sell a few million aren't exactly small fry either. And it's not like they can't get smaller projects off the ground and put work in the hand of other developers. This latter idea would be an ideal strategy for them.

Personally, I'm more of the idea that pushing for titles that can't necessarily be greenlit due to certain risks for the developer themselves are better to aim for as that's ground that can easily be covered. Negotiations are easier as are the financial implications of it all. It's a smoother road. And sometimes you have to invest in the bigger picture rather than treating everything as do or die. Although in an ideal world, that wouldn't need to be the case. Bigger titles don't often need any help. (Except if you're Square Enix and seem to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.) Digital is going to be pretty important moving forward so it'll be interesting to see how many companies really push to maybe get smaller projects off the ground to try to take advantage. This generation is still in its infancy at the end of the day, but even with all the delays that have happened, you can already see that things are beginning to shape up really well.

Top Bottom